PDA

View Full Version : News from the shop

Darby
08-04-2011, 15:53
Hey Folks,

As a lot of you already know, we have been real busy this year. We were faced with an option, either expand our sewing or drop quite a few products, we chose the expansion. In doing so, we had to find more sewers that could sew to our standards and deliver on time. We got lucky and found some awesome folks to sew for us here in NC! The only down side is we are paying more per item. Between that and material shipping rates going NOBO, we were faced with raising our prices. We came up with a compromise, we kept the price of the hammocks the same and made the hammock suspension an option. This solved a few problems. It allowed us to keep our prices where they are, it also gives the buyer the choice of four different suspensions (I have actually updated the website already!) and you don't have to pay if you don't want or need the suspension. Our hammocks will still come equipped with the net suspension, shock cord tie-outs, reflective zipper pulls, net tension line (non structural interior ridge line), and silnylon Bishop Bag.
We are also adding Spruce Green to the 1.9 Switchbacks. Our next batch will have 1.9DL, 1.9SL and 1.9SLNN (netless) in Spruce Green. I'm not sure at the moment what color the 1.9DLNN will be (can't read my own notes). We wont have pics of the new color or the netlees hammocks until they come in.

Cheers, Dale

dragon360
08-04-2011, 15:59
Congrats on the expansion! Exciting news.

brushybill
08-04-2011, 16:08
glad you guys got it worked out, you make some great products, hope to do business with you for years to come
bill

G.L.P.
08-04-2011, 16:16
good to hear Darby glad you got everything fixed ...
my next hammock will be a SB .... soon as the wife lets me spend money :rolleyes:

rip waverly
08-04-2011, 16:44
awesome dale.
thanks for all your help and offering a great product.

MAD777
08-04-2011, 20:16
That's great news! Growing pains are tough but I'm glad you guys are growing. You certainly make some fine products - I love my Switchback. And, I really like your idea of making the suspension optional and offering choices. That's a great model.

Joey
08-04-2011, 20:19
Congrats on the expansion. Having so many options is awesome and I'm sure good for buisness and the customer! You guys rock!

Acer
08-04-2011, 20:37
glad to hear,,love the tree saver straps and the way they are made..keep up the good work!

GrizzlyAdams
08-04-2011, 20:44
hey Darby---great that you're needing to expand the business!
I'm delighted that you can put local folks for work for you. Cudos on that.

Hawk-eye
08-04-2011, 21:05
Congrats Darby!

Boomer
08-04-2011, 22:53
Good job Dale. I like my new blue SB 1.1d with rings. Glad you made the changes and decided to go deeper into the business. Thanks again!

Shug
08-04-2011, 23:04
Terrific news....keep them there NC Folk working....that is a right goodie.
Shug

SoCal Mike
08-04-2011, 23:44
Congratulations. That's all great news. Can't wait to try out the 1.9 SL Switchback when it arrives. Keep up the good work.

SoCal Mike

NewtonGT
08-05-2011, 00:55
glad to hear things are good for yall :D