PDA

View Full Version : Water Rock Knob - stealth

TDunc
03-26-2008, 05:48
Woooo woooo... Lake Junluska bound this weekend and then the best part... a night in one of my favorite spots... Waterrock Knob...

I just had to boast a little. Sorry. The excitement overwhelms me. :cool:

EDIT - WRONG TITLE NAME... SHOULD HAVE BEEN WATER ROCK KNOB.... DARN BRAIN!

Schneiderlein
03-26-2008, 06:01
Enjoy your trip!

I am not familiar with Lake Junluska, but it looks like it is only 2 1/2 hours from me. Do you have a link to more info about hiking up there? I am looking for a nice ~30 mile loop trail not too far from home for an overnighter the weekend after next.

TDunc
03-26-2008, 06:18
Just realized that I had a brain fade.

The place I am going is water rock knob not white rock. Not really for the hike. It is a quick place to get to and I can hide prettly easily there. Great views.

I am taking some kids to Lake Junaluska for the weekend and I usually slip away for a night up there.

I have not done alot of trail hiking in that area yet to be able to recommend a good hike. You might be able to look at the Blue Ridge trail site and find one that is to your liking.

Blue Ridge (http://www.brptrails.com/)

BTW. What part of Columbia? Lived there for 20 years before moving back to CLT.

Schneiderlein
03-26-2008, 06:33
Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

I live in the Irmo area. When did you move? You might not recognize this place with all the construction they did in the last few years, both out here and downtown.

TDunc
03-26-2008, 20:15
Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

I live in the Irmo area. When did you move? You might not recognize this place with all the construction they did in the last few years, both out here and downtown.

Moved back to clt about 4 years ago. Still visit CAE some. Lived over in Spring Valley area. Miss CAE but not as much as home. CLT is home.:)

Two Notch road and and especially Clemson Agricultural area has changed.. Built a big shopping center on all that test land.:eek:

Hey, I did sing in the Dutch Fork Choral Society for a while on that side of town.

And on top of that... never hung a hammock near Lake Murray either... Go figure. :confused: