PDA

View Full Version : minnesota hereI come

tiredhiker
08-18-2011, 13:49
One more night then its off to the S.H.T Shug watch out. My son and myself are flying from portland maine to minneapolis,minnesota then we are renting a car to drive to the trail. We are going to do a bunch of bounce hikes a night or two in a spot then drive up further and do a couple more nights. We are going up to drive over to the Manitou state park and head to a few of shugs favorite spots.....
Then the lats day or so we might head to the Minnesota state fair and catch shug's show. It is going to be a great time we are leaving the 19th and leaving the 27th. Its going to be a great time for sure....... As long as we dont break an ankle....:scared:

AScott
08-18-2011, 13:56
Maybe I'll see you out there. My son (8) and I are doing a 2 nighter Sat and Sun night in the Finland/Manitou area.

Amand
08-18-2011, 13:57
Have a great trip and I just might see you up there. I am headed up Sat morning and will be hiking from probably Silver Bay to Gooseberry Falls for a couple of days.

tiredhiker
08-18-2011, 13:58
Maybe I'll see you out there. My son (8) and I are doing a 2 nighter Sat and Sun night in the Finland/Manitou area.

well,we might just head right out that way. That park looks like a good time

RootCause
08-18-2011, 14:02
Ala Fronkey: watch out for those dead birch trees on the SHT! :scared:

Welcome to the great state of Minnesota! I hope you and your son have a faaaaannntastic trip, and you will love Shug's show! If you introduce yourself afterwards (which I'm guessing he would welcome) be warned: he is normally a bit perspiration-soaked..... :)