PDA

View Full Version : MAHAA Cookout

Redtail
04-04-2008, 09:58
This is to help Qpens get an accurate food count for the Saturday cookout.

Bug-Bait
04-04-2008, 10:08
Thanks, Redtail!! Should we double the amount of food that your son, Thunderfoot, will eat :^)

HappyCamper
04-04-2008, 10:57
Is there a way to find out how many people want veggie burgers for the vegetarians in the group? Count me as one carnivore.

GrizzlyAdams
04-04-2008, 11:15
count me in, plus two newbies in tow. Carnivores all.

Grizz

Redtail
04-04-2008, 11:47
Is there a way to find out how many people want veggie burgers for the vegetarians in the group?

Sorry, I thought about that, but couldn't figure a good way to incorporate into the poll. :confused: I guess adding a message with how many to this thread?

Bug-Bait
04-04-2008, 13:12
Sorry, I thought about that, but couldn't figure a good way to incorporate into the poll. :confused: I guess adding a message with how many to this thread?

If anyone wants veggie burgers, just post it on this thread and I'll check for it. Last year it was only me :^ )

Lost
04-04-2008, 13:44
I'll be there, and will be bring Cerberus from somewhere on the trail. Also, Cannibal and Shiloh are on the trail and are planning to be there. So add two more to the count!

JayS
04-04-2008, 14:12
The kids and I are looking forward to it.

Bug-Bait
04-04-2008, 15:20
I'll be there, and will be bring Cerberus from somewhere on the trail. Also, Cannibal and Shiloh are on the trail and are planning to be there. So add two more to the count!

Hi Lost...please fill in the survey (for a total of 4 people) which we will use to figure out how much food to bring. Thanks!! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Redtail
04-04-2008, 16:00
Awesome, looking forward to hearing some thru-hike stories. I was wondering if any thru-hiking hangers were going to be nearby about that time.

GrizzlyAdams
04-04-2008, 16:31
Lost has said elsewhere that she's bringing Cerberus to the Hot Springs hang and then hiking a section of the AT that includes Grayson Heights.

so I think she got lost...:D and thinks that MAHHA is the same as the Hot Spring deal.

Grizz

Dutch
04-04-2008, 17:41
I don't think there will be any Thrus that early in the year unless they left very early or are doing some freakish flip-flop.
I signed up for me and a guest but I reserve the right to increase that to 3 guests.

Dutch
04-04-2008, 17:47
If anyone hiking into the campout (Grizz, Pan, Smee, Don or anyone else) That needs something like fuel, sleeping bag, food, hammock, tarp or anything they didn't want to carry let me know. I will be glad to help if I can accomidate. I also may be able to shuttle but I probably will only have a 2 seater.

Lost
04-04-2008, 18:41
Lost has said elsewhere that she's bringing Cerberus to the Hot Springs hang and then hiking a section of the AT that includes Grayson Heights.

so I think she got lost...:D and thinks that MAHHA is the same as the Hot Spring deal.

Grizz

:o Gee Grizz - as usual, you're right!

But in my defence, I must state that:
1. I earned my name, and could end up in the wrong state on any given trip, and
2. I shouldn't be checking out the site while I'm at work!

So, I don't plan to be there, but you can never tell!

Iafte
04-04-2008, 19:07
Are you getting the same monster burgers like last time?

slowhike
04-04-2008, 19:17

you skeered me there fer a minute:eek:
thought we wern't going to get to see the guys at hot springs<g>.

i must say though... i'm a little jealous of all the demos & live view operations & stuff you guys got planned:rolleyes:
i don't think we'll have near that much going on in hot springs:mad:

Bug-Bait
04-04-2008, 19:33
Are you getting the same monster burgers like last time?

Yes I am. They were pretty big...weren't they :^)

Bug-Bait
04-04-2008, 19:35

Hi Lost...sorry we "probably" won't see you in a few weeks. If you'd prefer to get "lost" in the Fall, we'd love to have you at the Fall Hang. Have fun "down South"!!

GrizzlyAdams
04-04-2008, 22:23
found out that one of my guests can't make it after all. I'd change my poll entry if the system let me...maybe this is something that a moderator can fix....

Grizz

slowhike
04-04-2008, 22:45
found out that one of my guests can't make it after all. I'd change my poll entry if the system let me...maybe this is something that a moderator can fix....

Grizz

when i go to "edit poll", it seems that i can change the number of votes but i don't believe i can put a name in a different category.

JayS
04-07-2008, 15:30
Hey qpens, what can we bring for the cookout? Please don't say a gas grill....

Bug-Bait
04-07-2008, 16:50
Hey qpens, what can we bring for the cookout? Please don't say a gas grill....

Hi JayS,
Thanks for your kind offer!!
I'm going to bring burgers, a few veggie burgers, and hot dogs. I'll also bring hamburger and hot dog rolls, plus ketchup and mustard. If I remember, I'll bring napkins, paper plates and plastic forks and knives, also. Anything anyone else wants to bring that is suitable for a barbeque is more than welcome.
Perhaps if people posted what they intend to bring, we won't have 20 tubs of slaw or potato salad, etc lol
Please don't feel obligated to bring anything. This hang should be low pressure without too many "rules".

HappyCamper
04-07-2008, 18:08
Qpens, do you need charcoal? If so, put me down for that.

HC

Iafte
04-07-2008, 18:54
We used 2 bags, still unopened last time. I'll grab some kiln dried wood to use also.

Dutch
04-07-2008, 19:12
I'm bringing dessert and World Peace.

GrizzlyAdams
04-07-2008, 19:18
I'm good for chips, and a Bad Attitude :D

Grizz

HappyCamper
04-20-2008, 15:02
Bumping back. Just a reminder for people attending MAHHA hang to add your name and guests to the poll so Qpens can get a good food count for Sat. night.

neo
04-20-2008, 18:29

i hope you have better luck than we did this weekend,we expected 2 more boys and 2 more adults that said they were coming,because we were backpacking we had to burn some of our food.it hard to get an accurate head count,not many people here are really committed when they say they are coming,plus they are inconsiderate and dont let you know when they are not coming.:cool: neo

Bug-Bait
04-20-2008, 19:06
[QUOTE=neo;57561]i hope you have better luck than we did this weekend,we expected 2 more boys and 2 more adults that said they were coming,because we were backpacking we had to burn some of our food.it hard to get an accurate head count,not many people here are really committed when they say they are coming,plus they are inconsiderate and dont let you know when they are not coming.:cool: neo[/QUOTE

Last fall, most people who said that they were coming...did. We have about 24 hangers signed up for the Spring Hang but I always bring extra food in case some "stragglers" show up. The more the merrier. We will barbecue at the pavilion at Gathland State Park which is less than a mile from the hang site.. This is a low key event and there are really no expectations...so, we will have a great time no matter how many people actually show up.

neo
04-20-2008, 19:48
[QUOTE=neo;57561]i hope you have better luck than we did this weekend,we expected 2 more boys and 2 more adults that said they were coming,because we were backpacking we had to burn some of our food.it hard to get an accurate head count,not many people here are really committed when they say they are coming,plus they are inconsiderate and dont let you know when they are not coming.:cool: neo[/QUOTE

Last fall, most people who said that they were coming...did. We have about 24 hangers signed up for the Spring Hang but I always bring extra food in case some "stragglers" show up. The more the merrier. We will barbecue at the pavilion at Gathland State Park which is less than a mile from the hang site.. This is a low key event and there are really no expectations...so, we will have a great time no matter how many people actually show up.

my point is buying food and people not letting you know that they are not coming is a waste of money plus we had to backpack it in.:cool: neo

Bug-Bait
04-20-2008, 20:21
[QUOTE=qpens;57565]

my point is buying food and people not letting you know that they are not coming is a waste of money plus we had to backpack it in.:cool: neo

I try to see the glass half full....

wallace
04-21-2008, 07:13
Just got a commitment from my son that he wants to go. The 2 of us will show up Saturday AM

Dutch
04-21-2008, 07:25
I had previously marked dow that I was bringing a guest, but I will be alone.

GrizzlyAdams
04-21-2008, 07:54
I had previously marked dow that I was bringing a guest, but I will be alone.

that's too bad. I was looking forward to meeting World Peace. :)

I'm on the books for 2 guests, but my brother-in-law is on crutches and begged off. We offered to look for knobby trail crutch tips for him and carry his kit, but the condition that has robbed him of his mobility has also sucked all the sense of adventure from him. So it will be me and one guest.

Grizz

Dutch
04-21-2008, 11:58
Ok this just in. It turns out that I will be bringing "Loser" again this year. We will be there for Friday evening till at least Saturday after the cook out. Now we will have live music. Does anyone have plans for dayhiking Saturday or maybe a short trip to Gettysburg Battle field? I think their new panarama is open, but I'm not sure.
As far as the World Peace, I bring that where ever I go. I carry it in a small sil-nylon stuff sack and spread it around to everyone I meet. ;)

HappyCamper
04-21-2008, 14:01
That's great. Looking forward to it. I really enjoyed the music last year!