PDA

View Full Version : ENO Talon Ridgeline

patentdoc
09-20-2011, 06:16
Anyone have experience with the Talon Ridgeline? Looks like it has several "hooks" that can be placed along the ridgeline and has a storage sack that can be hung from strategically placed hooks....

TehNoff
09-20-2011, 07:39
It looks like a piece of nylon cord with some (I think this is what they are called) soft shackle prussik knots and a clip on the end (which I would find totally unnecessary. I'm not sure, but I don't think it would be worth the cost unless you got it on sale (like I did here (http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11206486)). The plastic clips seem overkill. anything you were going to clip to the built in plastic clips you could hang directly from the RL, IMO.

wyleone
09-20-2011, 21:26
I don't like the clips on the the ridge line like that. Plus it has no use but to hang their bag, (in your face). Plus if it is nylon, you will find it in your face in the middle of the night anyway.
I have a structural ridgeline made of amsteel and have s-biners on my ditty bag. I drop whatever I want into it and and slide the bag out of my way/face. When I need it again, I can just reach over my head without even looking and pull it back where I can dig through it. The cost of the Amsteel, s-biner and ditty bag cost less that that ENO version on sale.

EricFromPortland
09-20-2011, 23:20
I have a ENO ridge line organizer and it has the same plastic hooks. I also have the ENO bug net and it has a similar (if not 100% same) ridge line.
- So, the loop in the ridge line came apart. The line looks like amsteel but it is not and mine came apart at one fixed end.
- As for the hooks, these are kind of handy. But, the gear organizer (quite nice) falls off the hooks when stuffing the hammock. There are other uses for the hooks and they are kind of cool little accessories. But, I have found making my own closed pussics and using biners or other clips keeps items in place better for me.

muddog15
09-21-2011, 04:51
I make my own Prusick knots and biners to hang stuff from if I need it.