PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys do this or am i just dumb...newbie here

heescha
04-17-2008, 16:48
ok, i've had my HH expedition asym for a week now and i've experimented ways of setting it up.

in my back yard i only have two trees, so i've been usuing stakes for the rain tarp and such. Am i supposed to have two more for the elastic cords for the hammock? i've just been keeping them under medium tention by tieing them to the o rings on the rain tie fly out cords. this keeps the hammock spread nice and wide but am i dont this all wrong? can someone help?

Hector
04-17-2008, 17:20
If it ain't broke don't fix it. You can do it the way you did it, take them to their own stakes or take them to the tarp stakes, whatever you like best.

heescha
04-18-2008, 00:28
great! i think it works so well just having two stakes when there is not enough trees!

cgul1
04-18-2008, 06:38
I just use the same stakes on mine, no longer using the OEM tarp, but I never thought of tying the sides like that, good idea:cool:

Dale
04-18-2008, 07:26
Heescha,

If you want a little more ventilation in the field you may want a couple more stakes to separate the hammock tie-outs and the fly tie-outs. You can also use 2 pegs for the hammock tie-outs and tie the fly tie-outs to nearby bushes, or a rock or stick.

Dale

headchange4u
04-18-2008, 07:57
When I used the stock HH asym tarp I did the same thing. Now that I don't use the stock tarp, I just use a rock for the side tie outs on the hammock. I don't carry stakes for the hammock.

Take-a-knee
04-18-2008, 09:03
I only use the left pullout on my hennessy, if you lay on a diagonal there is no reason to stake out the right one.

heescha
04-18-2008, 11:20
so basically i'm not going to "hurt" it in any style of set up then?

ryaex
04-23-2008, 23:39
Only problem I could possibly see with tying to the tarp O'Rings is possible water intrusion if the lines are running uphill from your hammock to the tarp. Water running off the tarp and then around the o'ring and down the guyout to the hammock.

IDK
YMMV