PDA

View Full Version : Don't Have Permission

txulrich
04-27-2008, 09:04
I tried to read the storys on the front page, but was denied access. What's up?

headchange4u
04-27-2008, 11:41
Which stories? Some of the forums, like the Non-Hammock Gear Discussion and humor must be subscribed to before they can be viewed. To do so , got you your user control panel and look for "group memberships" in the lower left-hand corner of the page. Click on that and it should enable you to view those groups.

If you are still having problems with the regular areas of the forum, let me know and I will try and correct the error.

Shadowmoss
04-27-2008, 14:04
I can't get to the 'links' at the top of the page. It shows I don't have permissions...

slowhike
04-27-2008, 14:14
I can't get to the 'links' at the top of the page. It shows I don't have permissions...

it opened up to another page for me but it showed part of the thread forums & then some or all of the things that were in the articles box.
i don't think that's exactly how attrol intended to leave it, but i believe he was working on it in the wee hours of the morn... so please be patient:)
i'll ask him to take another look at it as soon as he can. thanks. ..tim

txulrich
04-27-2008, 15:35
Which stories? Some of the forums, like the Non-Hammock Gear Discussion and humor must be subscribed to before they can be viewed. To do so , got you your user control panel and look for "group memberships" in the lower left-hand corner of the page. Click on that and it should enable you to view those groups.

If you are still having problems with the regular areas of the forum, let me know and I will try and correct the error.

I tried to open the item about the hammock forums gift shop on the front page and the one displayed right below it. They both gave the same response.

attroll
04-27-2008, 16:45
This was my fault. When I created the donating members usergroup I forgot to set up the access for donating members. I just got done correcting this. Everyone should be able to access it now. Sorry about this.

slowhike
04-27-2008, 18:35
no prob. thanks greatly for your help attroll.

txulrich
04-28-2008, 07:32
I still can't get to the news items on the front page. I click on the "Read More" link and it says that I don't have permission.

slowhike
04-28-2008, 16:40
I still can't get to the news items on the front page. I click on the "Read More" link and it says that I don't have permission.

Joe... when you say "news items", are you referring to "new posts"?
i don't see "news items" or "read more".

jlb2012
04-29-2008, 04:14
Joe... when you say "news items", are you referring to "new posts"?
i don't see "news items" or "read more".

for example on the home page there is a news item about cafe' press - when expanded out it reads:
"Ok, got the ok to share this with the masses.

Come one, come all to the grand opening of the Hammock Forums Gift Shop.

Want a HF T-shirt? Got it.
Need a gift for that niece? Buy a bear wearing a HF T-shirt.
Want to decorate your office? Buy the HF Clock.
Have that friend that you want to make laugh at the next gathering? Buy them a HF Thong! (No pictures... [Read More]"

where the "Read More" is a link.

slowhike
04-29-2008, 05:21
duhh... sorry, i looked everywhere but there<G>.

it worked for me... took me to the thread, but i'll ask attroll to take a look at it.
it probably needs another adjustment.

txulrich
04-29-2008, 07:24
Yes, Yes! And the one below it gives me the same message.

attroll
04-29-2008, 11:08
Sorry I missed that one. It should be fixed now. Please if you find anything else let me or Slowhike know.

txulrich
04-29-2008, 11:42
Thanks. It's all good now.