PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried out the Wilderness Logics New Snipe Hammock?

Acer
10-27-2011, 17:58
Just curious if anybody had tried out Wilderness Logics' New Snipe, a single layer hammock with a total weight of 18.5 oz including whoopies, and tree slings for $100 bucks...with the Draw Strings on the head/foot areas of the hammock??? Sounds like a perfect setup and awesome deal for me and just curious if anybody knows or tried it out? :boggle::lol::cool:

Sidewinder
11-04-2011, 19:35
I'm curious too.

~S~

hurtinfeet
11-05-2011, 10:48
Just laid in one..very comfy. Now to rig it with a SRL.
And like others have said about the NO and LO..the snipe has zero calf ridge.

Knotty
11-05-2011, 12:06
Don't see it on their web site yet.

Their hammocks are pretty long, which probably accounts for the lack of calf pressure.

DemostiX
11-05-2011, 15:02
Don't see it on their web site yet.

Their hammocks are pretty long, which probably accounts for the lack of calf pressure.

The New Snipe is listed but not pictured by WL right now.

There was at least one previous WL Snipe, ten feet long and without fabric adjustment cords-in channels you independently devised and presented in DIY.

I had that Snipe sent directly to a friend, who found it light and comfortable. But he hasn't had it in the field .

joggerjohn
11-05-2011, 15:36
I ordered a New Snipe hammock and I found that it was more comfortable than any of my other hammocks. As a matter of fact I plan on sleeping in it tonight with a Speer Pea Pod wrapped around it.

Acer
11-05-2011, 19:46
Awesome report about the snipe,,,now saving to get one, just a matter of time. Thanks and post some pics if you can.