PDA

View Full Version : 2008 spring mid tn hang pictures

neo
05-04-2008, 18:24
all in all we had a good timed.friday nite was worst storm i have ever hanged in.saturday and sunday were beautiful:cool: neo

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=11

Lost
05-04-2008, 21:25
Glad you all had a good time in spite of (or because of:) )the weather. Putting the picture of the cobbler will surely increase attendance the next time! sorry I couldn't make it, but I was in Damascus and doing a little hiking and hanging with Nest!

neo
05-04-2008, 21:28
Glad you all had a good time in spite of (or because of:) )the weather. Putting the picture of the cobbler will surely increase attendance the next time! sorry I couldn't make it, but I was in Damascus and doing a little hiking and hanging with Nest!

we also had treemans awesome barbeque the best there is,tn hillbilly great camp cook.i am going to make a cobbler to at our fall hang in october,tn hillbilly will be co-hosting the hangouts:cool: neo

slowhike
05-04-2008, 22:34
looks like a good time! that cobbler sure does look good!
maybe i can make the drive out one of these times.

tnhillbilly
05-04-2008, 23:06
Hi all, I finally got a chance to get to the forum. Yes indeed we had a great time at the Mid Tn Hangout. Yea we had a little dab of rain and wind on Friday but nothing my HH couldn't handle( I did cheat I had an extra asm tarp reversed over my regular tarp). I think you can see it in the picture Neo posted. Without it I would have had more blow-in as it was I felt a lite mist blow in 1 time in about 7-8 hours of rain and wind. Since this was the first storm I've hung through, I was surprised that the wind did not blow me side to side. Instead as the winds moved the two different sized trees I was tied too, the hammock actually rose and fell slightly. My grandson did get a little wet but it was my fault. This was his first hanging and I hung the 9x9 gear guide tarp high to make it easier to get in and get squared away. I intended to lower the tarp and also change the angle to provide a tighter hang but I forgot and the rain was starting to come down pretty good and I still needed to get in mine and I just messed up. But he didn't get soaked just a little wet in places. Saturday night got a little chilly, maybe cold to a 10 yr. old but he said he stayed warm and slept good. I stayed warm and slept good also. We had good food, good fun, good campfire time, good fellowship time with all in the campground and good hanging. All and all a really good weekend. We did miss some of the gang that usually make these hangs but we had a good time anyway. Thanks Neo for your help and the pictures. Sorry I didn't have a camera with me this weekend. We'll be trying to get another hanging planned for late fall and of course your all invited. tnhillbilly

SuperTroll
05-05-2008, 08:40
"We'll be trying to get another hanging planned for late fall and of course your all invited. tnhillbilly"

Uh...who's the Judge and will it be a Jury trial?

j/k...Glad the weather didn't put you off....Neo is right, Larger tarps provide better coverage in a storm, and that is a direct trade off of the weight.

Shug
05-06-2008, 19:36
Goodness Gracious that peach cobbler looks gooooood! M-m-m-m-m-. Man, I love me some cobbler.
Glad ya'll had a fine time.
Shug