PDA

View Full Version : Costco Hammocks

speyguy
05-07-2008, 09:51
Someone shared these on another forum and I thought I would pass along the info. Costco has 2 lightweight hammocks on their website. Don't know if all stores stock them. Here are the links....#1 (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11204724&hierPath=111*22101*293*&whse=BC&topnav=&Browse=&lang=en-US)...#2 (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?ec=BC-EC12951-ProdID11208043&pos=1&whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11208096&lang=en-US) . At 20 and 16 ounces respectively they look like they might be worth a try, especially the fully netted jungle type at $38.

angrysparrow
05-07-2008, 10:01
Both of those seem to be from The Travel Hammock (http://www.thetravelhammock.com/products/hammocks.htm) site. Interesting that Costco is reselling them now, though.

Ramblinrev
05-07-2008, 10:47
Neither one of those has a tarp. I was considering getting the Skeeter-beater for my daughter but add the tarp and the price goes up. anybody got an older tarp they would be willing to donate to the cause.. hehehe :?)

Narwhalin
05-07-2008, 10:55
Look at the Hilleburg rip in the Product reccomendations.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11203900&search=tent&Mo=7&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=tent&Ntt=tent&No=5&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

:confused: Costco?

angrysparrow
05-07-2008, 11:00
Look at the Hilleburg

Yeah that rip (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?ec=BC-EC12950-ProdID11208096&pos=2&whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11203900&lang=en-US) is obviously a copy of a Hilleberg (http://estore.websitepros.com/1764795/-strse-52/Nammatj-2-GT/Detail.bok).

I used a Hilleberg Akto (http://estore.websitepros.com/1764795/-strse-64/Akto/Detail.bok) before I started hammocking.

Ramblinrev
05-07-2008, 11:01
9 pounder..... That's like a good sized infant on your back. I don't care if you do split it up between three people... it is stinkin heavy.

Narwhalin
05-07-2008, 11:22
9 pounder..... That's like a good sized infant on your back. I don't care if you do split it up between three people... it is stinkin heavy.

Yeah, but at a savings of $350? http://http://www.backpacking.net/geartent-chart.html

Believe me, I am not advocating the 9 pound tent! :) Far from it...

Added: I guess the prices have gone up...make that a savings of $400+

Ramblinrev
05-07-2008, 11:26
no price savings after you figure in the back surgery and rehab.

Chief Hammock Officer
05-07-2008, 11:37
Speaking of The Travel Hammock, has anybody tried the All Terrain Hybrid Hammock?? It's a really innovative hammock that also works as a footprint, rain fly, A-frame tent, lean-2 and emergency waterproof shelter. It's also got a nice rip-stop pattern. Weighs in at 20 ounces and holds 400lbs. Nice way to lose some gear and weight out of the pack and replace it with an all-in-one solution.

Check out the link--

http://www.thetravelhammock.com/products/at_hybrid.htm#

NCPatrick
05-07-2008, 11:53
Speaking of The Travel Hammock, has anybody tried the All Terrain Hybrid Hammock?? It's a really innovative hammock that also works as a footprint, rain fly, A-frame tent, lean-2 and emergency waterproof shelter. It's also got a nice rip-stop pattern. Weighs in at 20 ounces and holds 400lbs. Nice way to lose some gear and weight out of the pack and replace it with an all-in-one solution.

Check out the link--

http://www.thetravelhammock.com/products/at_hybrid.htm#

It would be great if it could be a hammock and rain fly at the same time... btw, what's an "air bivy"? I didn't see a picture of that config.

Incacamper
05-07-2008, 12:20
Yup, that is the Travel hammock. I have the Ultra light weight version and it is confy, and very light. I chose not to get the mosquito net covered camo version because it is covered in a white mosquito net, which makes it much harder to see out of the hammock then a black color. Also make it easier to see inside the hammock, for whatever thats worth.

Narwhalin
05-07-2008, 12:21

Insert drums here: Ba-dump-bum! Good one! :D

Narwhalin
05-07-2008, 12:25
In all seriousness, though, this is a freakin' amazing deal on a lightweight and compact hammock. I have no experience with travel hammocks, but I may suggest some of my friends check into them so I don't have to go through the labor of making them one! ;)

Incacamper
05-07-2008, 12:56
In all seriousness, though, this is a freakin' amazing deal on a lightweight and compact hammock. I have no experience with travel hammocks, but I may suggest some of my friends check into them so I don't have to go through the labor of making them one! ;)

You can get the ultralight version for $15. It holds up to 250 lbs. and packs down to the size of a sofball. Great for when you go backpacking and want a tent and a hammock. Weighs less then a pound.

Redtail
05-07-2008, 13:18
Well, you gave me an reason to go to Costco for lunch. I was going to pick one up if they had them but they didn't. Still fun to look around anyway.

te-wa
05-07-2008, 13:19
so what genious decided to put a white net on a camo hammock? geez...
I have the ultralight model, and looking at the construction and stitching I can honestly say it looks as good as the HH ULB I used to have, BTW the ultralight weighs 14.8 oz.
Replace the cornball ropes and hooks with some flat webbing and youve got a decent product. $20 at Campmor.

Chief Hammock Officer
05-07-2008, 13:56
ok wait a second, the net is not white! it's tan and is a super high quality no-see-um mesh netting. also recently added shock cord style take-off's to reduce the chances of the netting being destroyed when hung to tight.

the air-bivy is now the "Air Bivy Extreme Shelter" and is a new product set to release within a month or two that is a UL rip stop (whombic nylon) hammock with sewn on no-see-um, like the skeeter beeter, except better hammock material, and smaller. It also includes an 8.5 X 8.5 rain fly, basically a bundled offering for $99.99 and will be sold at REI-Outlet and other sites.....KILLER DEAL!

Redtail
05-07-2008, 13:59
Do you work for Travel Hammock?

Chief Hammock Officer
05-07-2008, 14:08
I do, name is Jon, in fact i am one of the owners. I recently found the forum and haven't been active in many forums, when i found this site i realized we weren't even listed as a mfg and thought i'd drop in to say hello.

Here is a question for you....We did our first version of the All Terrain Hybrid Hammock a year ago and my factory made some minor mistakes. They put the PU coated side of our stuff sack on the inside of the stuff sack, which needless to say makes it hard to stuff, unless you turn in inside out. Also, on the ends where the "S" hook slides through the width of the hammock they did the same thing! People with tech and outdoors skills would be able to work around this. Extremely frustrating and not able to sell it in good faith to my customers.....I can't stomach sending a product that isn't 100%...Anyway, I have quite a few left and would be willing to donate them to the first 20 people that would be willing to try them and provide feedback, based on the information i have given, but i need the testers to pay for shipping, i've already lost quite a bit of money not being able to sell them...You in??

Chief Hammock Officer
05-07-2008, 14:09
By the way, the new ATHH is a great piece of gear and we will have a rep at the upcoming Trail Days....

Ramblinrev
05-07-2008, 14:14
I'm in if you want... In fact I'd test any thing you want tested.

I think it is great to have the manufacture's reps on the forum.

NCPatrick
05-07-2008, 14:18
Welcome to the forums Chief! Good to have you here.

te-wa
05-07-2008, 14:22
absolutely! see without guys like you setting us straight we can sound like a bunch of ninnying hair salon clients. Id be willing to test out the Skeeter Beeter for sure.. in fact Ive had my eye on it for a while now. I already own the Ultralight, and if it matters to you I decided to keep it OVER the Claytor Mosquito model. I find your Travel Hammock products to be just as nice in construction as the other 2 brands that Ive used. Here's a pic of the Ultralight coupled with a MacCat micro, in central Arizona. I did replace the "S" hooks and the stock ropes. The only way to hang a tarp on a structural ridgeline is to add webbing straps. Please PM me for testing guidelines.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/0/7/4/101_0628_thumb.jpg (http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=3280&c=2)

NCPatrick
05-07-2008, 14:27
I'd be up for testing an Air Bivy Extreme Shelter, should you need any testers for that one...

Chief Hammock Officer
05-07-2008, 14:33
Thanks for your replies, it's good to be on the forum. I've been wondering where all the hammock lovers have been hiding out!

Redtail
05-07-2008, 14:36
If you weren't already a salesman I was going to recommend they hire you :D. I think it's great to have manufacturers on the site to answer questions, usually they disclose that first though.

I'm sure you won't have any problem finding testers here for your new hammock. I still plan on picking up a skeeter-beater at some point.

Welcome to the site!

angrysparrow
05-07-2008, 14:37
...when i found this site i realized we weren't even listed as a mfg

Welcome to the forum. I'll see about getting you added to the manufacturer's list.

Chief Hammock Officer
05-07-2008, 15:06
If you weren't already a salesman I was going to recommend they hire you :D. I think it's great to have manufacturers on the site to answer questions, usually they disclose that first though.

I'm sure you won't have any problem finding testers here for your new hammock. I still plan on picking up a skeeter-beater at some point.

Welcome to the site!

Sorry to all of you for not disclosing my position, I wasn't exactly sure how this worked, wasn't trying to be sneaky! Hope to chat with many of you and learn from your experiences with my products as well as others.

TiredFeet
05-07-2008, 15:13
Is that a window in the side of the netting??

Looks like two small squares in the netting.

Redtail
05-07-2008, 15:15
Sorry to all of you for not disclosing my position, I wasn't exactly sure how this worked, wasn't trying to be sneaky! Hope to chat with many of you and learn from your experiences with my products as well as others.

Didn't mean to imply anything other than you gave yourself away! :D

I was perusing your site and noticed you have both nylon and polyester hammocks, I was wondering if you had any info on the differences or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks,
-Redtail

speyguy
05-07-2008, 15:16
Hehehe! I busted a gutt on that one.

CH Officer, welcome! Put me down as well. I'd be happy to test one! Just let me know where to send the shipping.

Iafte
05-07-2008, 15:24
I'd test one out, I have 2 boys who will put it through loads of rough-house tests. Where do I sign up?

BTW- I own a travel hammock already, just not that model.

rigidpsycho
05-07-2008, 15:41
put me down just let me know where to send shipping

hacktorious
05-07-2008, 16:09
Put me down for one too and let me know how much shipping is.

Thrasher
05-07-2008, 16:25
Hey Chief Hammock Officer, I'd love to test one of the All Terrain Hybrid Hammocks out. Let me know the cost of shipping and how to pay. I thought you were with the company with your description you gave in your first post. I think it shows a lot about a company who publicly gets involved with their customers.

Narwhalin
05-07-2008, 16:31
I am also interested in testing. Let us know what to do...

Chief Hammock Officer
05-07-2008, 16:44
Thanks to all of you for your interest! I've got to run now, but will respond tomorrow. To send you the samples I will need your shipping address and a phone number. Once i get this I will call you and discuss payment details.

Have a great day!
Jon

speyguy
05-07-2008, 16:47
You can get the ultralight version for $15. It holds up to 250 lbs. and packs down to the size of a sofball. Great for when you go backpacking and want a tent and a hammock. Weighs less then a pound.

Where is it available for $15? I did verify the campmor price of $20.

Narwhalin
05-07-2008, 16:53
To send you the samples I will need your shipping address and a phone number.

PM sent. :)

dufus934
05-07-2008, 17:08
count me in on the testing!!! where do I send the shipping? PM me or something, just let me know what needs to be done to make this happen!

sam4msu
05-07-2008, 17:34
PM sent, I look forward to testing this product

jeffjenn
05-07-2008, 17:53
Where is it available for $15? I did verify the campmor price of $20.

Best $ I found:
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=99239827

Greg Dunlap
05-07-2008, 18:09
Put me down for testing, where and how do I get you the funds for postage?

jeffjenn
05-08-2008, 14:53
Testing PM sent...

Chief Hammock Officer
05-08-2008, 14:56
Thanks again to everyones kind words and replies to my post! I had no idea what i was getting myself into:) Anyway, will be contacting each of you soon and look forward to hearing what you think. Happy Hanging....

headchange4u
05-08-2008, 15:45
I'm looking forward to (hopefully) being one of the testers. :D

I sent a PM.

Incacamper
05-09-2008, 09:09
ok wait a second, the net is not white! it's tan and is a super high quality no-see-um mesh netting. also recently added shock cord style take-off's to reduce the chances of the netting being destroyed when hung to tight.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. Its just that on your company's website, they have a picture of the hammock, and the netting most definitely looks white. I do agree that the hammock itself is tan. Thats the whole reason I didn't purchase it. White mosquito netting is harder to see through, thats the reason you never see white netting on tents. Perhaps my screen color needs adjustment :confused:, if not I would get a newer picture on there to show the tan color netting, which still would be hard to see out of. I am just giving you my opinion as a consumer, so please do not take this as me putting down your hammock. I am just giving you the reason why I personally didn't purchase it.

http://www.thetravelhammock.com/image/product_large/skeeter_pro.jpg
http://www.thetravelhammock.com/image/product_large/skeeter_beeter2.jpg

Narwhalin
05-09-2008, 11:06
Just spoke with Cheif Hammock Officer. He explained the issues regarding the product defects well, and I think I will be able to work around it. I am excited to test this product and will try my best to give as thorough of a review as possible.

Perhaps we should figure out a way to put all of our reviews of this product in the reviews section under one heading. If there are truely going to be 20 reviews on the same project, it would look much better and be easier to navigate that way.

dufus934
05-09-2008, 11:19
I think that is an awesome idea. I too will have one to put somewhere, but I was a little worried about where to put it.

Ramblinrev
05-09-2008, 12:08
But then we would be able to read each others reviews before we write our own. The last person to post gets an unfair advantage. That's un-American, un-democratic. It woul go to the very core of all that this country holds dear. It would.... excuse me.... what.... shut up? why that's not very nice. oh ok....

NCPatrick
05-09-2008, 12:09
But then we would be able to read each others reviews before we write our own. The last person to post gets an unfair advantage. That's un-American, un-democratic. It woul go to the very core of all that this country holds dear. It would.... excuse me.... what.... shut up? why that's not very nice. oh ok....

Seems like the last one would just be saying "Ditto". <shrug>

fin
05-09-2008, 12:31
If you want people to test your hammocks, you came to the right place! Not many people here would turn down a chance to test out a new piece of gear! Count me in! I'll test anything you have.

dufus934
05-09-2008, 12:40
well we could just work on the honor system (flash back to 6th grade) and people just get them done by a certain date, and post them on a thread. Then maybe a mod could move them to a review section or whatever. I know this sounds a little childish, but it might work....right?

fin
05-09-2008, 12:47
Could we email our reviews to a mod by a certain date, then have the mod post them all at once? Extra work for the mods, but it would ensure independent reviews wouldn't be seen prior to all reviews being submitted.

neo
05-09-2008, 13:32
:
Someone shared these on another forum and I thought I would pass along the info. Costco has 2 lightweight hammocks on their website. Don't know if all stores stock them. Here are the links....#1 (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11204724&hierPath=111*22101*293*&whse=BC&topnav=&Browse=&lang=en-US)...#2 (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?ec=BC-EC12951-ProdID11208043&pos=1&whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11208096&lang=en-US) . At 20 and 16 ounces respectively they look like they might be worth a try, especially the fully netted jungle type at $38.

yep the skeeterbeater hammock by travel hammock not a bad hammock.i have one in my collection:cool:neo

Narwhalin
05-09-2008, 14:13
Could we email our reviews to a mod by a certain date, then have the mod post them all at once? Extra work for the mods, but it would ensure independent reviews wouldn't be seen prior to all reviews being submitted.

This sounds like a good idea to me...

headchange4u
05-09-2008, 14:25

If that's what you guys want to do, I will compile the reviews into one thread.

Ramblinrev
05-09-2008, 14:25
ummm... I was mostly being really silly. I don't imagine it would really upset any apple carts if we read each other reviews. We are all independent minded adults here, chronologically anyway. I mean there is a certain childish nature to playing in trees but that's part of the charm. Perhaps Chief Hammock Officer should be the one who gets bent out of shape over double blind reviews. But he didn't strike me as someone who was going to be that anal.

dufus934
05-09-2008, 14:52
well ramblinrev, it seems like your damage has already been done. haha!:p

fin
05-14-2008, 12:59
Has anyone heard from Chief Hammock Officer about testing, or getting the ATTH for shipping cost? :confused:

Ramblinrev
05-14-2008, 13:07
I have received a phone call.... but no ATTH... although I was assured one would arrive.

dufus934
05-14-2008, 13:38
I was contacted a couple of days ago. He said that he would be sending the hammock in the next couple of days.

rigidpsycho
05-14-2008, 13:59
I'm still waiting on a call

jeffjenn
05-14-2008, 14:05
I'm still waiting on a call

Same here...

fin
05-14-2008, 15:51
I'm sure Chief Hammock Officer is just busy, especially being one of the owners - I hope he contacts all of us who PM'ed him. I hadn't heard anything yet from anyone, so I was wondering if he hadn't received my PM. I also haven't heard of anyone receiving anything in the mail yet, so I was hoping this wasn't another of our "Too good to be true" offers that occasionally waft through the site, like the person with the "Sil" last year. Maybe he ran out of the ATHH with defects. I'm sure we'll hear from him soon.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen any good group buy offers rolling around lately - nobody finding any great deals out there for bulk buys?

Thrasher
05-14-2008, 15:58
I received a phone call a few days ago and he told me he would send an email with an address to mail a check to. No email yet, but I'm patiently waiting.

dufus934
05-14-2008, 16:06
he told me he'd be sending me the hammock with an address to send six dollars for the shipping.

Thrasher
05-14-2008, 16:25
he told me he'd be sending me the hammock with an address to send six dollars for the shipping.

I was under the impression that he was going to send it first, but I wasn't sure.

Iafte
05-14-2008, 16:50
Just so you know, when I talked to him he said that even though he said the first twenty would get one; he got over fifty responses and would try to get everyone taken care of.

Be patient, he will contact you if you PM'd him.

I am planning on sending more than $6 when I send the check. It's a great thing he is doing.

fin
05-14-2008, 17:13
Just so you know, when I talked to him he said that even though he said the first twenty would get one; he got over fifty responses and would try to get everyone taken care of.

Be patient, he will contact you if you PM'd him.

I am planning on sending more than $6 when I send the check. It's a great thing he is doing.

I agree wholeheartedly! He is doing a great thing, and I will also send more than $6 if and when he contacts me. :) :cool:

I figured a lot of people PM'ed him without posting, so who knows how many responses he actually got. I wasn't trying to rip anyone, just concerned that I hadn't heard anything yet - from him or anyone else receiving an ATHH.

Dutch
05-14-2008, 17:27
I got a call yesterday and he confirmed my address to send me a bill for $10 for shipping. He said $6 wasn't covering the shipping. I also ran into someone hiking that he previously shipped one to. The said there is a lamination defect and this prototype is narrower than the real production run will be. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Doctari
05-14-2008, 17:32
I have the "skeeter beeter" & love it!!!! I use it nearly daily (nightly) & it took me over a year of that kind of use to finally wear out the (YKK) zipper, making the heavily modified bug netting useless. The netting is in the dumpster at partnership shelter now :rolleyes:
SO, at nearly the same price I paid last year, I may order me a replacement hammock. WELL worth the price IMHO! I think I'll not modify the netting: I made it smaller so that when the zipper finally failed, probably aided by the stress of the netting being so tight, it would no longer cover me.

I just can't seem to let gear be, I MUST modify it :rolleyes:

slowhike
05-14-2008, 20:29
i got the call too. he asked that i just send $10.00 for shipping after i got the hammock.
looking forward to giving it a snooze.

BillyBob58
05-15-2008, 08:23
Both of those seem to be from The Travel Hammock (http://www.thetravelhammock.com/products/hammocks.htm) site. Interesting that Costco is reselling them now, though.

I am wondering if these are indeed the exact same hammocks? The SB at Costco specifies 9 ft x 4.5 ft, the one at the Travel hammock site is 9 ft 6 inches by 4.5 ft. ( $54 )

So, what do you think? An error on the specified length on one or the other, or not actually the exact same hammocks?

For the other Costco single no net hammock. the specs appear identical.

angrysparrow
05-15-2008, 08:42
I am wondering if these are indeed the exact same hammocks? The SB at Costco specifies 9 ft x 4.5 ft, the one at the Travel hammock site is 9 ft 6 inches by 4.5 ft. ( $54 )

So, what do you think? An error on the specified length on one or the other, or not actually the exact same hammocks?

I think they are indeed made by The Travel Hammock and that there is a simple measurement discrepancy on the Costco site.

Maybe Chief Hammock Officer will chime in and confirm?

fin
05-15-2008, 12:15
Well, I got a PM from Chief HO today, so I'm looking forward to the gear test when the ATHH comes in.

dufus934
05-15-2008, 12:58
Hammock is in! I had my hammock mailed to my parents house (because I live in the ghetto), and my dad just called and told me it was there! I know what I'm doing tonight. By the way. Did we ever decide for sure what the deadline for the reviews was going to be, and who do send them to?

Narwhalin
05-15-2008, 13:06
Awesome! I am glad to hear it... :cool: I also had the pacage sent elsewhere! :D

Perhaps there will be information regarding reviews enclosed with the hammocks. I wonder what the mods will be doing with the reviews for the forum?

angrysparrow
05-15-2008, 13:14
Hammock is in! I had my hammock mailed to my parents house (because I live in the ghetto), and my dad just called and told me it was there! I know what I'm doing tonight. By the way. Did we ever decide for sure what the deadline for the reviews was going to be, and who do send them to?

Perhaps there will be information regarding reviews enclosed with the hammocks. I wonder what the mods will be doing with the reviews for the forum?

See this thread (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/general-hammock-talk/4404-attention-travel-hammock-reviewers-please-read.html) for info about where to submit your reviews.

Dutch
05-15-2008, 16:32
I also got my hammock. It is basically a travel hammock with PU coating and grossgrain loops for tie outs when you use as a tarp or footprint. I didn't measure it yet or weigh it yet. They put those steel hooks on the ends as if you can find trees that are spaced perfectly apart and have eye bolts driven into them. I think it would work well if you didn't know if you were going to have trees or not. I didn't lay in it yet, but I think I would put the PU coating on the outside. I will probably use it as my work hammock (I have a great job) because it won't show or attract dirt and I can hook it to the steel racking. It also looks more durable than a parachute hammock because it is PU coated and made from ripstop. More to follow after trail days.

te-wa
05-15-2008, 16:53
I got mine too. The ropes (hanging kit) were not included so I used the ropes that came with my original UL to give it a quick hang and look over the construction. Quality seems to be fine. My review may be unfair because Im definately going to add straps and tri-glides with a structural ridgeline. First impression is that the zipper is a bit stiff so I'll go over it with some house-wax to loosen it up and add to its life. Im also not sure how the netting should be hung (in stock mode)but I'll go to the website and see if there is any info.

Dutch
05-15-2008, 17:15
I got mine too. The ropes (hanging kit) were not included so I used the ropes that came with my original UL to give it a quick hang and look over the construction. Quality seems to be fine. My review may be unfair because Im definately going to add straps and tri-glides with a structural ridgeline. First impression is that the zipper is a bit stiff so I'll go over it with some house-wax to loosen it up and add to its life. Im also not sure how the netting should be hung (in stock mode)but I'll go to the website and see if there is any info.

Yours has a zipper and bugnet?

Thrasher
05-15-2008, 17:31
So I just got my travel hammock AT Hybrid Hammock in the mail and opened it up! I can't wait to use it some. I'll have to take some pictures soon.

Ramblinrev
05-15-2008, 17:33
maybe tomorrow will be package day for me. The ATHH is just one thing I am expecting.

te-wa
05-15-2008, 17:34
yeah, it seems that we all got different hammocks... that oughtta make the reviews a little hard to lump together right!?
He asked what model I wanted so I went with the Skeeter Beeter. I was wondering where the heck the grosgrain tie-outs were, SB doesnt have 'em.

Doctari
05-15-2008, 18:09

My HAMMOCK is 9', add on the rope loops at each end, & it goes to about 9' 8" or so. Possibly, & this is just a guess, the seams (which also are what the rope loops thread thru) are 3" each, sooooo, perhaps the manufacturer states the length of the fabric, & Costco the actual length of the hammock.

Thrasher
05-15-2008, 18:13
I've got two pics up in my gallery of the ATHH next to a 1 liter camelbak bottle.

Chief Hammock Officer
05-16-2008, 13:54
Hi Everyone!

Yes, some of you received different hammocks. Since I was feeling generous and digging the feedback and talking with all of you, a couple people made requests to try different products and I thought why not?? Anyway, thanks again for all of your comments and feedback, this has been really fun for me!

I've had a couple last minute requests and will take care of them, but I am now officially done with the test hammocks. I do have more V1 All Terrain Hybrid Hammocks available if anybody would like to purchase one. I think $30.00 including shipping is a fair deal. Let me know.

I also have to apologize for not setting up the Pay Pal portion of this prior to posting the test. For those of you that I have spoken with and are involved in the test, if you prefer to pay via Pay Pal please do so. The Pay Pal account to use is...

[email protected]

Thanks again!

headchange4u
05-16-2008, 20:56
Anyone reviewing a hammock should READ THIS THREAD (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/general-hammock-talk/4404-attention-travel-hammock-reviewers-please-read.html)

Ramblinrev
05-16-2008, 21:16
Chief Hammock Officer:

I have made a payment for shipping to the paypal account you listed. Please confirm it's receipt when the transfer is complete.

angrysparrow
05-16-2008, 21:26
Chief Hammock Officer:

I have made a payment for shipping to the paypal account you listed. Please confirm it's receipt when the transfer is complete.

Please take this sort of message to PM. There's no need to post it publicly.

Ramblinrev
05-16-2008, 21:28
my apologies

alex30808
05-28-2008, 17:49
I got one today...seems I got on the boat a little late...anyway...I look forward to giving it a try...