PDA

View Full Version : Nest Has It Rough

Hooch
05-14-2008, 07:21
Poor Nest (aka cerberus, aka Zak). It seems like he's having a pretty rough time on the trail. I'm sure that a thru hike can be a very trying experience, so let's all lend some encouragement to this poor soul. :rolleyes:

headchange4u
05-14-2008, 07:30
I wish I had it that rough.

Hooch
05-14-2008, 07:44
Motivational poster anyone? :rolleyes:

angrysparrow
05-14-2008, 07:46
I wish I had it that rough.

LOL

Good for Nest to be enjoying himself.

Hooch
05-14-2008, 07:52
I saw Nest, his new convert friends Train Wreck and Pearl along with Cannibal and his girlfriend, Genuine Draft at Hot Springs. All were having the time of their lives. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Nest say before he left that the photo theme in his TJ would be "girls in my hammock"? Looks like he's starting to get on track. :)

Doctari
05-14-2008, 08:06
I saw Nest, his new convert friends Train Wreck and Pearl along with Cannibal and his girlfriend, Genuine Draft at Hot Springs. All were having the time of their lives. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Nest say before he left that the photo theme in his TJ would be "girls in my hammock"? Looks like he's starting to get on track. :)

UM, Doctari & Nest's converts :p
Total conversion occured at the Moreland Gap shelter, it took 3 minutes each in a hammock to go to the "dark side". By end of the hangout at HotSprings, they both had new ENOs. We are so bad :D

I miss those 3 sooooo bad!! :rolleyes:

Sigh!

Hooch
05-14-2008, 08:10
UM, Doctari & Nest's converts :p
Well 'scuse the crap outta me! :p I gave them an ENO DryFly tarp in Hot Springs to start out with until they could get something better ordered/shipped in. Hope they're still comfy and hanging high. :D

BillyBob58
05-14-2008, 08:47
I'm not sure how the poor lad is enduring such hardship. LOL

RAW
05-14-2008, 09:25
Dynamic load testing? :confused:

Hooch
05-14-2008, 09:58
Dynamic load testing? :confused:With a chick that cute, I'd call it dynamic. :eek::D

RAW
05-14-2008, 09:59
With a chick that cute, I'd call it dynamic. :eek::D

Is the first pic of Pearl?
I can't quite tell.

She is cute. But you didn't hear me say that. ;)

Hooch
05-14-2008, 10:03
Is the first pic of Pearl?
I can't quite tell.

She is cute. But you didn't hear me say that. ;)The first pic does look like Pearl, who I agree, is a very pretty young woman. Dunno who the second is, but a cutie nonetheless.

Shadowmoss
05-14-2008, 11:05
He has OTHER women in his hammock!!! NOOOOOO!!!

well... ok.

I'm still brokenhearted that he's on the trail now, though (and that I'm not).

negrone
05-14-2008, 11:40
sex in a hammock? tafetta supports the dynamics?

Iafte
05-14-2008, 11:49
Sure looks like he is having a rough time. Hope this doesn't slow him down.

negrone
05-14-2008, 11:56
10 minutes is enough, then sleep. verifying and luck

Shadowmoss
05-14-2008, 12:57
Wonder if those females know to verify the location of his Mom (Lost, for those who don't know) BEFORE getting into the hammock. Still remember how my heart stopped when he pointed to the woman who walked up while he and I were in my hammock and said 'that's my Mom'...

GrizzlyAdams
05-14-2008, 13:35
seen recently in the Dear Abby column of Hammocking World News

Dear Abby,
I wrote to you (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/general-hammock-talk/3209-cannibal-cerberus-shiloh.html#post50948) before about hellbound and him leaving me for his dog. I took your advice and tried to forget him. It was easier to accept his behavior when I understood his problem as a sort of developmental blockage that happened when he was young, fixating on his puppy. But now I'm starting to see on the Internet disturbing photos and news that he has changed his name to (get this) "Nest"! He is making his "Nest" with females (yes! given his dog fixation you know what to call them!) who don't use their real names, having pictures taken in you-know-what kinds of positions, IN FRONT OF HIS MOTHER! If it ever comes out that I snuggled with him, my reputation is ruined. This is sick sick sick. The only good news is that with hair on his head and face he looks different than when he was mine.

What should I do??

Hammock Princess

Dear Hammock Princess,

this is indeed serious. Some people are good with photoshop, and could easily paint your face on some hussy's figure in one of these photographs.
The best advice I can give is to change your appearance radically and move to a new place where people don't know the old you. If you're a flower child of the 60's then it's time to get a perm, load up on the makeup, buy a dress, lose the Birkenstocks. If you're a slave to fashion, then it's time to start looking like you work on a farm. You might also try changing your name.

I would like to offer hope to you that hellbound/Nest might be treatable, but problems that run to this kind of behavior in front of his mother are essentially incurable. This, coupled with the dog fixation...let him go dear, let him go.

I am so sorry the news could not be cheerier. Do feel free to write anytime to share.

Abby

Shadowmoss
05-14-2008, 14:51
A perm!?! Make-up!?! NO BIRKENSTOCKS!!!! Oh, the horror! I think that would be worse than being known as one of the bitc... ummm, females in hellhound's hammock!

Guess I'll have to find me a more mature Hammock Prince to hang out with. Alas, while I have already done so I won't see him again till sometime in October. Guess I'll just have to concentrate on my own gear/hiking.

Hooch
05-14-2008, 17:00
Guess I'll have to find me a more mature Hammock Prince to hang out with.Neo may be a good choice for that. He seems hot to trot these days. :p:eek::D

Lost
05-14-2008, 17:03
Okay guys - I'm gonna make this even better. The first one is Pearl, the second one (posted earlier) is Genuine Draft - Cannibals girl!

He met her in Erwin while she was waiting on Cannibal, he told her about the girls in hammock bet and the rest is history.

But Shadowmoss - I'm sure his heart still belongs to you!

rigidpsycho
05-14-2008, 17:05
Okay guys - I'm gonna make this even better. The first one is Pearl, the second one (posted earlier) is Genuine Draft - Cannibals girl!

He met her in Erwin while she was waiting on Cannibal, he told her about the girls in hammock bet and the rest is history.

But Shadowmoss - I'm sure his heart still belongs to you!

NOW THAT'S JUST FUNNY I DON"T CARE WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!!

Hooch
05-14-2008, 17:09
With a chick that cute, I'd call it dynamic. :eek::D

The first pic does look like Pearl, who I agree, is a very pretty young woman. Dunno who the second is, but a cutie nonetheless.

Ooops, sorry, Cannibal & Geniune Draft. :o:D

traviso71
05-14-2008, 18:30
What a jerk. hehe

Lost
05-14-2008, 19:13
Ooops, sorry, Cannibal & Geniune Draft. :o:D

What are you apologizing for? Nest didn't!

Preacha Man
05-14-2008, 20:57
Neo may be a good choice for that. He seems hot to trot these days. :p:eek::D

They do both live in the same city ;) :eek: :cool:

Hooch
05-14-2008, 21:03

They do both live in the same city ;) :eek: :cool:Conincidence? I think not. It's just fate's way of saying....."Well, what the heck. Why not?"
:D

GrizzlyAdams
05-14-2008, 21:17
(AP) An Appalachian Trail through-hiker was
treated and released from the Unicoi County
Memorial hospital in Erwin, TN, following a
bizarre incident on the trail, May 10.
Witnesses report hearing a loud dispute between
the victim, Zak Lawrence, 24, of Nashville, and
an as-yet unidentified assailant, over beer. Lawerence
was later found unconcious, pinned to a tree with
a spear through his hand. "It were a regular
spear with a stone head", said Unicoi County
Deputy Sheriff Barn E. Fife. "I seen guys get
run through with a hiking pole before up there,
but this here were what you'd spect a cannibal
to be carrying."

The county Sheriff's office is investigating.
No beer was found at the scene. Erwin city
councilman Elias T. Totaler renewed his call
to prohibit the sale and consumption of alcohol
in Unicoi County.

slowhike
05-14-2008, 21:31
(AP) An Appalachian Trail through-hiker was
treated and released from the Unicoi County
Memorial hospital in Erwin, TN, following a
bizarre incident on the trail, May 10.
Witnesses report hearing a loud dispute between
the victim, Zak Lawrence, 24, of Nashville, and
an as-yet unidentified assailant, over beer. Lawerence
was later found unconcious, pinned to a tree with
a spear through his hand. "It were a regular
spear with a stone head", said Unicoi County
Deputy Sheriff Barn E. Fife. "I seen guys get
run through with a hiking pole before up there,
but this here were what you'd spect a cannibal
to be carrying."

The county Sheriff's office is investigating.
No beer was found at the scene. Erwin city
councilman Elias T. Totaler renewed his call
to prohibit the sale and consumption of alcohol
in Unicoi County.

dang em boys... i told em to play pertty:mad::D:rolleyes:

Coffee
05-14-2008, 21:36
Man the trail is way different than I remember. I never had it that rough out there.

Shadowmoss
05-15-2008, 09:12

<cough> No Comment. <cough>

I do have my own personal Hammock Prince. He's just busy hiking the AT right now. sigh. Really.

Hooch
05-15-2008, 09:23
<cough> No Comment. <cough>

I do have my own personal Hammock Prince. He's just busy hiking the AT right now. sigh. Really.Oh come on now. The man's in your hometown for goodness sake. You can't tell me you don't want summa this:

fin
05-15-2008, 10:24
Oh come on now. The man's in your hometown for goodness sake. You can't tell me you don't want summa this:

Hey, if you look in the Members Threads, you'll see he has a girl!

Hooch
05-15-2008, 10:36
Hey, if you look in the Members Threads, you'll see he has a girl!Sick fantasies about shemales married to former presidents don't count. :eek::p

fin
05-15-2008, 11:24
Sick fantasies about shemales married to former presidents don't count. :eek::p

Oh, I don't know. They have the same haircut. Maybe she's one of those "Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads". She must be storing some kind of power pack in those pant suits - the bottoms are wide enough to hide an H1.

FanaticFringer
05-15-2008, 15:18
Oh, I don't know. They have the same haircut. Maybe she's one of those "Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads". She must be storing some kind of power pack in those pant suits - the bottoms are wide enough to hide an H1.

Or hide alot of cottage cheese.:p