PDA

View Full Version : Light hiker?.

spaceweaseal
12-16-2011, 22:45
I already miss my SB that I just sold ...
I want to get another one and was thinking about getting the SB lite hiker but can't find the difference or specs on the LH and the reg SB's.
Can someone post the specs on the LH?
Thank you

Bubba
12-17-2011, 01:18
Not much help but all I know is the SBLH is 8 inches shorter thant the regular SB. I think they are the same width.

rip waverly
12-17-2011, 01:36
I have one....

http://stores.tttrailgear.com/-strse-45/Switchback-1.1-DL-Light/Detail.bok

....that might need a new home

^shane^
12-17-2011, 08:18
Light Hiker is 8" shorter than a standard SB.

I have both a 1.1 SB LH and a 1.1 SB, and personally I prefer the LH.

spaceweaseal
12-17-2011, 20:55
Thanks guys..
I think a LH is in my very near future... :)

StumpJumper
12-19-2011, 00:25
I have one....

http://stores.tttrailgear.com/-strse-45/Switchback-1.1-DL-Light/Detail.bok

....that might need a new home

RW, you've sold just about every hammock under the sun over the past few weeks..... Inquiring minds want to know.... Have you finally settled on one? :cool:

rip waverly
12-19-2011, 01:00
RW, you've sold just about every hammock under the sun over the past few weeks..... Inquiring minds want to know.... Have you finally settled on one? :cool:

Haha... I'm losin it!

I really wanna try a bridge...holding out for the rumored warbonnet.

Otherwise, it's still up for debate:D

spaceweaseal
12-19-2011, 01:09
I really can't decide now..
I don't think I want a LH now but I am not sure if I want the colors that are offered on the 1.1dlb SB's. ( green or blue)

rip waverly
12-19-2011, 14:01
I really can't decide now..
I don't think I want a LH now but I am not sure if I want the colors that are offered on the 1.1dlb SB's. ( green or blue)

kermit green - or navy.. not your "traditional" hammock colors... but
still pretty cool i think.

sandykayak
12-19-2011, 14:37
I'm 5'0" and started out with the original SB...It was huge and I called it the Taj Mahal but felt that I had a lot of wasted fabric.

sold it and got the LH and.... I really prefer the internal comfort of the original SB. Somehow, I don't seem to be able to get as good a spacious diagonal lay in the LH.

As they say, "Be careful what you wish for."

SoCalBB
01-08-2012, 19:46
SW--- soooooo? Did you get the LH? What do you think?

IM sure you have figured this out by now but ill put it up just in case you havnt.. If you go to the tttg site-- and click on hammocks-- it will show you a list or the hammocks.. Then when you click on each hammock there is a spec button.. This can give you the info your looking for.. Also if you dont like the color-- Maybe darby can get you a custom color and or-- you can sent in the fabric you want and have them make up your hammock with your cloth..

JaxHiker
01-16-2012, 16:02
I'm 5'0" and started out with the original SB...It was huge and I called it the Taj Mahal but felt that I had a lot of wasted fabric.

sold it and got the LH and.... I really prefer the internal comfort of the original SB. Somehow, I don't seem to be able to get as good a spacious diagonal lay in the LH.

As they say, "Be careful what you wish for."

After this weekend's hang I guess you can say you've gone back to your roots. :D

sandykayak
01-17-2012, 17:03
heh heh...you beat me to it:

It looks as if the hammock gods were taking care of me...

I WON A GORGEOUS NAVY BLUE ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK AT THE FL HANG THIS PAST WEEKEND.

and thank goodness, cos I left my pack with all my hammock and related gear at home. spent the first night in the back of the SUV (had mattresses), second night in a DIY that was lent to me but was a bit on the narrow side and the 4 lb chihuahua fell out twice!

But the SB...AAAHHHHH, the three doggies (4 lbs, 6 lbs, and 26 lbs) had a great night's sleep. Was in there from 8 p.m. til 7:40 a.m. (was trying to aim for 12 hours with just a 2 a.m. pee break) and it was wonderful.

Opened the back door to let the doggies out for their pee...one at a time.. and then just "reeled" them back via the leash.

The LH will be going to Mexico to hang on the rooftop terrace.

Miguel
01-18-2012, 08:47
heh heh...you beat me to it:

It looks as if the hammock gods were taking care of me...

I WON A GORGEOUS NAVY BLUE ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK AT THE FL HANG THIS PAST WEEKEND.

and thank goodness, cos I left my pack with all my hammock and related gear at home. spent the first night in the back of the SUV (had mattresses), second night in a DIY that was lent to me but was a bit on the narrow side and the 4 lb chihuahua fell out twice!

But the SB...AAAHHHHH, the three doggies (4 lbs, 6 lbs, and 26 lbs) had a great night's sleep. Was in there from 8 p.m. til 7:40 a.m. (was trying to aim for 12 hours with just a 2 a.m. pee break) and it was wonderful.

Opened the back door to let the doggies out for their pee...one at a time.. and then just "reeled" them back via the leash.

The LH will be going to Mexico to hang on the rooftop terrace. YOU

I'll bet I'm not the only one who would like to see a pic of your beautiful blue Switchback. I predict we will begin seing some more unusual colors among the hammock crowd. In fact, I recently ordered a deep purple Dangerbird from PapaSmurf. Let's make a statement people!

Miguel

sandykayak
01-18-2012, 13:51
Forgot to add that I have a navy blue 10' x 11' 4-season rectangular tarp from BWDD, so it'll be a near match.

http://www.backwoodsdaydreamer.com/tarps.htm

Note: he has a new site for DIY gear.

Not sure when I can get pix.