PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found under the Xmas tree

RUDDS63
12-27-2011, 10:10
My wife surprised me with a new Treklight Hammock for Christmas. Can't wait to try it on the next Scout Campout

Racer05
12-28-2011, 14:35
RUDDS63, Do you have any restrictions using hammocks with the Scouts? Privacy issues, buddy system, etc.

Looking to get my son's Troop started but want to avoid potential problems with BSA.

Hiline
12-30-2011, 15:27
RUDDS63, Do you have any restrictions using hammocks with the Scouts? Privacy issues, buddy system, etc.

Looking to get my son's Troop started but want to avoid potential problems with BSA.

There is no poilcy with the BSA for hammocks, and are used quite frequently. Myself and two other leaders plus three boys all used hammocks last summer at camp and it was great. Boy's just remember to change clothes in the shower area or the KYBO (out house). I believe Henessey's website has some great photo's of Scouts using them at the National Jamboree.

The RidgeRunner
12-30-2011, 16:23
As long as there is a designated "spot" to change, both youth and adult, there should be no issues. I change on the backside of my tarp when with scouts. Backside being the side away from everyone else.

4 season tarps with doors accomplish the same thing.

tyguy85
01-03-2012, 19:06
Looks like you have been a good boy this year!