PDA

View Full Version : packing WB Superfly in stuff sack w tarp flyz perm attached

pwr2al4
12-29-2011, 07:13
hey guys, Im a newb so I apologize, but I am not sure if I should be ok packing my superfly into its stuff sack after y hangs with the Tarp flyz still attached. Is there a chance of the edges of the metallic clips possibly tearing the tarp at all.

I tried to set last night in an absolute huricanne of wind gusts and I really need or would prefer to keep my G. lines permantly attached so I can just pull out the tarp and set.

Between the freezing temps and the wind im like a chicken witht no head trying to set up my lines and then hang my tarp..

so any danger to packing the flyz in with the tarp material after hanging?

thanks

turnerminator
12-29-2011, 07:20
I've never had any damage from hardwear on the tarp.

Although, for piece of mind I rounded the edges further with some 400-600 grit abrasive paper.

Dudorino
12-29-2011, 08:04
I leave my Tarpfly and Dutch Hook attached to my SF when stored and have had no problems.

bigbamaguy
12-29-2011, 09:48
No problems with me leaving the Figure 9's on my tarp as far as wear is concerned. They have been on it for two years now with no issues.

pellet gun
12-29-2011, 10:01
I also keep mine attached to my WB asym w/o any problems...

Black Wolf
12-29-2011, 10:51
I leave mine attached .. the hook is through a fixed eye .. the "Flyz" I make certain I wrap he line around it to keep it from snagging anything .. I have pockets on my skins..they're to small to not have them attached ..

Shewie
12-29-2011, 11:41
Taking a bit of emery paper to my Dutchware just helps it along, that's on my Buckles, Flyz and Hook, the Clips I never bothered.

I noticed some fraying with some cheaper cord when using the flyz, five minutes with the emery and they're good to go.

My Flyz get hanked up with the "long" end of my CRL, they usually get buried in there somewhere.

lymphocytosis
12-29-2011, 12:33
You might think about turning your stuff sack into a bishop bag. Just coil up your ridgeline ropes outside of the bag with the flyz. No chance of damage and it makes set up a snap.

GIHanger
12-29-2011, 12:51
You might think about turning your stuff sack into a bishop bag. Just coil up your ridgeline ropes outside of the bag with the flyz. No chance of damage and it makes set up a snap.

Plus one--

body942
12-29-2011, 23:37
+1 for storing hardware just outside the stuffsack.

pwr2al4
01-02-2012, 04:05
Thanks for the all the advice fellas, I polished down the edges a little and also went over to a bishop bag type setup, much much easier now

"...the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."
-LTC D. Grossman

Here is how the sheep and the sheepdog think differently. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. After the attacks in 2001, most of the sheep said,“Thank God I wasn’t on one of those planes.” The sheepdogs, the warriors, said, “Dear God, I wish I could have been on one of those planes.

"For if not me, then Who?":) LTC Grossman

body942
01-11-2012, 14:36
Amen brother.