PDA

View Full Version : Calendar function for campouts

Just Jeff
01-11-2007, 19:06
While we chew on the idea for a campouts forum, you can also use the Calendar function. It's on the top menu bar...just click on your day and "add event" - then enter your pertinent info.

You can even start a separate thread about it and put a link in the event write-up. In this case, the calendar event would be like the campout board I put up for the January campout, and you could link to your thread just like I did for the "firming up campout plans" thread.

Coffee
01-11-2007, 19:20
Jeff good idea.

Can you or Troll make it so that this month's or upcoming claender events appear on the main page. I think WB does this. This way everyone could see what is coming up without clicking on the calender each time.

Just Jeff
01-11-2007, 19:21
Something Troll would have to do - I don't have any control over functions like that. Great idea, though.

headchange4u
01-11-2007, 19:37
I think this is a great idea. If the calander could be put on the home page then we would not really need a seperate forum.

Linking to a seperate thread in the "General" with all the info is the way to go, IMHO. You could just follow the link from the calander event and wouldn't have to worry about threads getting lost in the shuffle.