PDA

View Full Version : ViDEO: Snipe Hammock from Wilderness Logics

Shug
01-12-2012, 16:52
Take a gander at my new Snipe Hammock from Wilderness Logics located in Thomasville North Carolina. Whoooooo Buddy.
I love this hammock))))) Really flat lay on it.
It is a simple gathered end hammock but it has a draw cord at the head and foot to get an even flatter lay.
This is their most lightweight hammock and is rated to hold 225 pounds. But they have several designs and one will hold up to 350 pounds.

Whooooo Buddy and hope you enjoy seeing this hammock.
All secure in sector seven,
Shug

6WsBGnwTi00

Roadtorque
01-12-2012, 17:05
First one to post on a shug video!

Southernfan6885
01-12-2012, 17:07
I think Shug is about to cost me some more money! :laugh: great video Shug! I really want one now.

Hawk-eye
01-12-2012, 17:20
Whew Shug-row that rabid Gorge Rat skeered me a little bit! Most excellent review pal!

Shug
01-12-2012, 17:23
First one to post on a shug video!
No race when one is Sniping))))))

I think Shug is about to cost me some more money! :laugh: great video Shug! I really want one now.
I'm happily happy that I got me one. May nap in it soon....

Whew Shug-row that rabid Gorge Rat skeered me a little bit! Most excellent review pal!
Devils Hole Trail Rat fo' sure......raised on livermush!!!:scared::laugh:

Redoleary
01-12-2012, 17:35
Those hammocks are look'n mighty fine. I've been eyeball'n them pretty closely lately. Thanks for the review, answered some ?'s I've had about them.

TZBrown
01-12-2012, 17:51
Nice review Shug

More stuff to ponder over, decisions decisions

I never was able to get a boomerang to come even close to back to me ;)

Shug
01-12-2012, 17:52
Those hammocks are look'n mighty fine. I've been eyeball'n them pretty closely lately. Thanks for the review, answered some ?'s I've had about them.
I could feel ya' eyeballing that Snipe.
Truly though.....really good hammock.
Glad I answered those questions before being asked.

nateseviltwin
01-12-2012, 17:55
I love it! But then again, I don't think Wilderness Logics is capable of making a bad product. I love their gear.

-Nate

Shug
01-12-2012, 17:59
Nice review Shug

More stuff to ponder over, decisions decisions

I never was able to get a boomerang to come even close to back to me ;)
Does take some practice...tomahawk throw towards the horizon. Catching is tricky!

I love it! But then again, I don't think Wilderness Logics is capable of making a bad product. I love their gear.

-Nate
Oh yeah....NC made. If only they smelled like biscuits)))))

Acer
01-12-2012, 18:31
Shug,,,I been waiting on your video so I could scope out the hammock. You sold me on it,,going to get one end of this month for sure,, Thanks for the nice video,,take care of that rat! :lol:

Fronkey
01-12-2012, 19:02
I saw one of these up close and the Snipe is such an awesome hammock. Really great review dude!

Fronkey

ArcsandSparks
01-12-2012, 19:23
I might have to add some shockcord to one of my hammocks and give it a whirl...Well done....and now I want to play with a boomerang!

Shug
01-12-2012, 19:25
Shug,,,I been waiting on your video so I could scope out the hammock. You sold me on it,,going to get one end of this month for sure,, Thanks for the nice video,,take care of that rat! :lol:
I know ya' been a waiting.....cool that you are sold. Don't think you'll be sorry.
Fun with the snipe-rat....felt like I was 11 years old doing that.

I saw one of these up close and the Snipe is such an awesome hammock. Really great review dude!
Fronkey
I am loving the feel of this hammock. Thanks Fronkey...hope you get to meet my Snipe sometime in the piney cold woods.

Poppabear
01-12-2012, 19:26
I was eyeballing this hammock on the WL website wondering how good a hammock it was. With this great review that question is now answered. I see one of these in my gear closet in the not to distant future.

Shug
01-12-2012, 19:26
I might have to add some shockcord to one of my hammocks and give it a whirl...Well done....and now I want to play with a boomerang!
It is easy to do....someone on here just did it as an add on!

gunner76
01-12-2012, 19:42
Fun review. What did the rat think of the hammock ?

Knotty
01-12-2012, 19:56
It is easy to do....someone on here just did it as an add on!

If you're not the DIY type, order up a fine hammock from Wilderness Logics. If you already have a hammock you want mod, there are instructions here (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29560).

Great video, as usual, Shug.

SoundWitness
01-12-2012, 19:57
Nice review, Shug.... Looks like I'll be placing an order very soon! Thanks alot!!!

bigbamaguy
01-12-2012, 20:05
Great review of the hammock Shug. Not to detract from the review but what were the drawings/notes on the mirror while you were explaining the whoopie bury?????? Arre you prototyping something?????

Shug
01-12-2012, 20:12
Fun review. What did the rat think of the hammock ?
It is a rat-snipe))))) He thought less of it and attacked the Shug of the Third Person.

If you're not the DIY type, order up a fine hammock from Wilderness Logics. If you already have a hammock you want mod, there are instructions here (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29560).

Great video, as usual, Shug.
I remember your video on that. Someone just added the mod to an existing hammock.
Works really well.

Nice review, Shug.... Looks like I'll be placing an order very soon! Thanks alot!!!
Tell 'em Shuggedy sent you. Good to hear from ya'.....

Great review of the hammock Shug. Not to detract from the review but what were the drawings/notes on the mirror while you were explaining the whoopie bury?????? Arre you prototyping something?????
Those are my goals for my show. Mainly stuff I want to get by summer. I may get 1/3rd of it. Helps to see it everyday.
Thankee.....

Callahan
01-12-2012, 20:33
Great review Shug! That snipe looks mighty comfy! Like the idea of the shock cords, hate having my sleeping bag fall out, tried sleeping in a GT ultralight, had a hard time sleeping, kept thinking I was falling out! Dig the boomerang, haven't played with one of those in years. Good idea chucking it on the lake, something to do while icefishing!

Cheers :D

flatline
01-12-2012, 20:36
that was awesome! very cool!
Wilderness Logics Rocks!

babelfish5
01-12-2012, 21:09
Another great one Shug. I've been thinking about another hammock, I think I'm going to mosey on over to their website and give them a look.

Frost
01-12-2012, 22:01
Gosh darn it Shug. I had the numbers for my next DIY bridge hammock completely set. Was going to start sewing tomorrow. That Snipe looks so darn flat, I think I'm going to have to scrap it and see what sort of magic I can work with a gathered end now.

I've only test two or three gathered end hammocks, but I've never been in one that lays anywhere near that flat.

Can you see anything in particular in that design that makes it so bloody flat? Where's the magic?

BlazeAway
01-13-2012, 03:49
Snipe sniped at Traveler,
but weight and compactness,
saved the day,
for my wallet.

Maybe, just maybe.

Blaze

Syb
01-13-2012, 07:44
Thanks for a look at that purdy hammock Shug. You mentioned "tricking" out your Snipe so I can't wait for the "Pimp My Snipe" vid. :D

R00K
01-13-2012, 07:46
Finally - a gathered end that does something to justify costing over $100.

I still can't see any real difference between a $100 Traveler and a $20 GTUL - but the Snipe is really cool. Never even considered WL for a hammock because their site didn't do nearly as clear of job of explaining the features as this video does. Now I might. They need to put you on the payroll Shug.

He's a clown! He's the toughest man alive!

He's..... An Ad man?

raiffnuke
01-13-2012, 07:46
Great review! Just another thing to add to the list of gear to get. :)

BlazeAway
01-13-2012, 07:49

I still can't see any real difference between a $100 Traveler and a $20 GTUL - but the Snipe is really cool. Never even considered WL for a hammock because their site didn't do nearly as clear of job of explaining the features as this video does. Now I might. They need to put you on the payroll Shug.

He's..... An Ad man?

Here (http://warbonnetoutdoors.com/travelers.php) the Traveler can be had for 60$

Shug
01-13-2012, 10:13
Great review Shug! That snipe looks mighty comfy! Like the idea of the shock cords, hate having my sleeping bag fall out, tried sleeping in a GT ultralight, had a hard time sleeping, kept thinking I was falling out! Dig the boomerang, haven't played with one of those in years. Good idea chucking it on the lake, something to do while icefishing!
Cheers :D
Boomerang is perfect on an icy lake! Yes...the Snipe truly is.

that was awesome! very cool!
Wilderness Logics Rocks!
I know you are a big proponent)))))) I like it.

Another great one Shug. I've been thinking about another hammock, I think I'm going to mosey on over to their website and give them a look.
Worth a looky-see for sure.

Gosh darn it Shug. I had the numbers for my next DIY bridge hammock completely set. Was going to start sewing tomorrow. That Snipe looks so darn flat, I think I'm going to have to scrap it and see what sort of magic I can work with a gathered end now.

I've only test two or three gathered end hammocks, but I've never been in one that lays anywhere near that flat.

Can you see anything in particular in that design that makes it so bloody flat? Where's the magic?
I think the magic is in the length.

Snipe sniped at Traveler,
but weight and compactness,
saved the day,
for my wallet.

Maybe, just maybe.

Blaze
Travelers seek Snipes.
Wallet secure.

Thanks for a look at that purdy hammock Shug. You mentioned "tricking" out your Snipe so I can't wait for the "Pimp My Snipe" vid. :D
More than likely on a Trip Report video.......

He's..... An Ad man?
Ad Man for the Independent Small Biz.

Great review! Just another thing to add to the list of gear to get. :)
Worth a look for sure if looking for a simple open top hammy.....

Cranky Bear
01-13-2012, 10:25
Haha when I saw you two rollin around on the floor I couldn't help but think of the movie "The Princess Bride" and the battle with the Rodents of unusual size!!!

Great vid Shug, full of info thanks for posting!

BlazeAway
01-13-2012, 11:42
Thanks Shug.
On your and OutandBack’s (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=632166&postcount=24) recommendation I just tried to order one.
I can’t.
I live outside USA.
So I have written WildernessLogic a “please advice.”
Will see what happens.
Blaze

PS: And great video as usual.

OutandBack
01-13-2012, 12:04
Great review video Shug.
Getting the Shug seal of approval has to be a hammock vendors wildest dream.

I did a little playing around with my snipe today.
Just how small will this hammock pack without major elbow grease.

REI- Sea to Summit XXS stuff sack works great. Hammock and 2 tree straps fit nicely.
Large hammock in pict is a TtoT 1.9 single Switchback
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=1335&pictureid=12777

kobold
01-13-2012, 15:41
thank you shug, you always make me smile :)

SmokeBait
01-13-2012, 16:17
Very nice! Wilderness Logics has set a new benchmark for open hammocks. Me wants one!

Acer
01-13-2012, 16:19
I think your right Shug,,,the magic is in the length as I have just never found the perfect sweet spot in my Traveler Single 1.7 and occasionally get alittle calf pressure in left leg. I get a better lay in my wife's Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro but only when the sides are tied out and just not hung up on it and its weight factor. So going to get a snipe and when its summer and bugs are out, will drape a bug net over my RL when necessary. Have to try it as everybody has been giving it nothing but great reviews and have to find out myself. :lol:

Shug
01-13-2012, 16:29
Haha when I saw you two rollin around on the floor I couldn't help but think of the movie "The Princess Bride" and the battle with the Rodents of unusual size!!!

Great vid Shug, full of info thanks for posting!
Slid off the highway in North Dakota years ago with the soundtrack of that movie playing. Going 75MPH....hit black ice and started spinning. Completely quiet in the van with my wife and new baby and all I heard was that music and my mind thinking "I am about to kill my wife and child". Well....we did not die and slid into the only safe spot.
Then a Huge Rat attacked us)))))))

Thanks Shug.
On your and OutandBack’s (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=632166&postcount=24) recommendation I just tried to order one.
I can’t.
I live outside USA.
So I have written WildernessLogic a “please advice.”
Will see what happens.
Blaze

PS: And great video as usual.
Appreciate it Blaze.
Wonder what shipping is to Denmark.

Great review video Shug.
Getting the Shug seal of approval has to be a hammock vendors wildest dream.

I did a little playing around with my snipe today.
Just how small will this hammock pack without major elbow grease.

REI- Sea to Summit XXS stuff sack works great. Hammock and 2 tree straps fit nicely.
Large hammock in pict is a TtoT 1.9 single Switchback
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=1335&pictureid=12777
I like to plug gear I get and like as I think others would want to know.
Thanks feller.

thank you shug, you always make me smile :)
That is ....well....yes....awesome. Yep, I said awesome.

Very nice! Wilderness Logics has set a new benchmark for open hammocks. Me wants one!
I like simple hammocks and the Snipe is might fine.

I think your right Shug,,,the magic is in the length as I have just never found the perfect sweet spot in my Traveler Single 1.7 and occasionally get alittle calf pressure in left leg. I get a better lay in my wife's Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro but only when the sides are tied out and just not hung up on it and its weight factor. So going to get a snipe and when its summer and bugs are out, will drape a bug net over my RL when necessary. Have to try it as everybody has been giving it nothing but great reviews and have to find out myself. :lol:
I think so as well. On my other hammocks I get some calf pressure from my BB from time to time. And once in a blue moon on my DIY...but so far none from the Snipe.

beep
01-13-2012, 18:15
Nice video, Shug!

I bought the WL Night Owl last fall, and it is my "main" netless hammock now. The elastic draw cord feature (same as the Snipe) makes it a good choice...and the extra length (11' long) is helpful for my 6'5" body!

These folks are doing good things in Hammockland!

Law Dawg (ret)
01-13-2012, 18:30
Leave it to the Shug to have actually captured a for real Snipe! Can't believe my dad was so irresponsible as to send us kids after them with only a couple of sticks and a gunny sack. :eek:

born2roam
01-14-2012, 03:45
Loved the Vid, thanks

The boomerang remembered me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_prtbj4MtDU

Grtz Johan

Cranky Bear
01-14-2012, 10:13
Slid off the highway in North Dakota years ago with the soundtrack of that movie playing. Going 75MPH....hit black ice and started spinning. Completely quiet in the van with my wife and new baby and all I heard was that music and my mind thinking "I am about to kill my wife and child". Well....we did not die and slid into the only safe spot.
Then a Huge Rat attacked us)))))))

Wow sorry to bring up such a scary event for you bro!! Glad it ended only as a scare and not as you were thinking!!

SteelerNation
01-14-2012, 10:29
Shugster,

In the video, it appeared that you were laying for a while on your stomach. I have been unsuccessfully seeking this nirvana sleeping position ever since I began my adventure into hammock-land, but have been unsuccessful so far. Please tell me that you did!!! :)

SN

Shug
01-14-2012, 10:33
Loved the Vid, thanks

The boomerang remembered me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_prtbj4MtDU

Grtz Johan
Good one!

Wow sorry to bring up such a scary event for you bro!! Glad it ended only as a scare and not as you were thinking!!
It is a good memory.....we lived to laugh about it!

Shugster,

In the video, it appeared that you were laying for a while on your stomach. I have been unsuccessfully seeking this nirvana sleeping position ever since I began my adventure into hammock-land, but have been unsuccessful so far. Please tell me that you did!!! :)

SN
I did lay there on my stomach awhile and it was pretty comfortable. I am totally not a stomach sleeper but those that do would find this hammock comfortable.

Acer
01-14-2012, 11:05
Shug, how does your UQ's fit with such a diaginal lay? Just curious.

Shug
01-14-2012, 11:52
Shug, how does your UQ's fit with such a diaginal lay? Just curious.

I am really not that much more diagonal than my other hammocks....
Keep in mind I am a 2/3 UQ user....this is my Winter Yeti. Fits like a charm.
Shug

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7028/6695600189_e0216ec509_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/shugsbackpacktrips/6695600189/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7004/6695595307_38a91ce6f4_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/shugsbackpacktrips/6695595307/)

ferret
01-14-2012, 13:36
Did you have lengthen your quilt suspension at all?

Acer
01-14-2012, 14:06
Thanks for posting the pics and answering the questions Shug! Super Nice!

Hickery
01-14-2012, 16:20
That was fun you old berry milker!

BillyBob58
01-14-2012, 17:07
Are all of the WL hammocks No Net? I think they are all 11 ft hammocks, right? What would be the advantage of a Snipe vs one of the others? I guess weight, due to no pad pocket. Any thing else? Would comfort be about the same in all of them?

Shug
01-14-2012, 18:12
Did you have lengthen your quilt suspension at all?
I did a wee bit....maybe 12"

Thanks for posting the pics and answering the questions Shug! Super Nice!
Y'elcome

That was fun you old berry milker!
Strawberry Milk Berry....

Are all of the WL hammocks No Net? I think they are all 11 ft hammocks, right? What would be the advantage of a Snipe vs one of the others? I guess weight, due to no pad pocket. Any thing else? Would comfort be about the same in all of them?
I think so that I can see. They are all 11' per the website. The Snipe is the only single. The others are double...one 1.1 and one 1.5 and hold more weight. It is in the video. I suppose comfort would be comparable in all.

pizza
01-14-2012, 19:23
These vendors gotta love you Shug. I wonder how many sales you've drummed up for them with your reviews? You sold me. I ordered a Lite Owl. Looking forward to trying it out. What diameter Zing It are you using on the ridgeline, 1.75mm or 2.2mm?

RedBeardHanger
01-14-2012, 19:34
Once again nice video! I’m not really in the market for another ‘mock but I’m keeping my eye on this one! Maybe closer to summer…

Where would one go about getting a “Shug” hat…?

Shug
01-14-2012, 19:54
These vendors gotta love you Shug. I wonder how many sales you've drummed up for them with your reviews? You sold me. I ordered a Lite Owl. Looking forward to trying it out. What diameter Zing It are you using on the ridgeline, 1.75mm or 2.2mm?
Not sure but I hope Marty and them got a few put of it.
You gotta like this one! It is 1.75.....

Once again nice video! I’m not really in the market for another ‘mock but I’m keeping my eye on this one! Maybe closer to summer…

Where would one go about getting a “Shug” hat…?
I thankee.
I got that hat in Martha's Vineyard...sewed up the sides. Fin gave me the Shug patch.

G...Hawk
01-14-2012, 21:43
Leave it to the Shug to have actually captured a for real Snipe! Can't believe my dad was so irresponsible as to send us kids after them with only a couple of sticks and a gunny sack. :eek:

Between the Shug review, the design and the snipe hunt memories wildernesslogics.com has a compelling item.

Thinking it would be fun to have a snipe and send some unaware camper on a snipe hunt that ended at the hammock.

If only we needed another hammock.
Have bought a pair of tarpskins from wildernesslogics.com after a HF recommendation.

Shug
01-16-2012, 20:58
Between the Shug review, the design and the snipe hunt memories wildernesslogics.com has a compelling item.

Thinking it would be fun to have a snipe and send some unaware camper on a snipe hunt that ended at the hammock.

If only we needed another hammock.
Have bought a pair of tarpskins from wildernesslogics.com after a HF recommendation.

I am gonna snipe and not gripe and get my Snipe ripe!
Thanks G....Hawk

Black Wolf
01-16-2012, 21:13
This is the hammock I took on my 100+ mile hike into the 2nd Annual Florida Hang ... I attribute it's comfort to my success and can vouch for the quality in which it is made ...

Shug
01-18-2012, 00:48
This is the hammock I took on my 100+ mile hike into the 2nd Annual Florida Hang ... I attribute it's comfort to my success and can vouch for the quality in which it is made ...
Nice feller......a good sleep sure helps with the miles feeling refreshed.
Shug

kgbenson
01-18-2012, 08:27
I got that hat in Martha's Vineyard...sewed up the sides. Fin gave me the Shug patch.

You get around! I love Martha's Vinyard - especially if you get away from the towns the ferry's dock at.

dawinn992000
01-22-2012, 10:46
Enjoyed the review of the Snipe. I've been researching for a few months now and I pulled the trigger last night and ordered my first hammock, the Snipe. I can't wait to test it out in the backyard and get familiar with hammock hanging. Bug net , ridge line, and tarp will be purchased before I do my first overnight hang. The future is bright!

MacGruber
01-22-2012, 10:49
Enjoyed the review of the Snipe. I've been researching for a few months now and I pulled the trigger last night and ordered my first hammock, the Snipe. I can't wait to test it out in the backyard and get familiar with hammock hanging. Bug net , ridge line, and tarp will be purchased before I do my first overnight hang. The future is bright!

Great Choice! and Welcome to the Forum!:cool:

Shug
01-22-2012, 16:08
Snipe on and Whoooooo Buddy)))))
Shug

taylo
01-22-2012, 21:12
What length ridgeline you got on that snipe Shug? I'm using a 109" ridgeline on my Lite Owl. I love Wilderness Logics.

MedicineMan
01-22-2012, 23:31
another + for WL
I was roched into the purchase after BlackWolf showed me the features at the Florida hang last week. First lay was today and its true...this hammock has a very very flat lay...due to the length I suppose.
This is my second WL hammock, I'd forgotten a purchase from last year :( pre-adding the bungies along the sides. Those bungies do make a difference in the lay and as has been mentioned help prevent your stuff from falling out.
I chose the Owl to get the double bottom-as BillyBob pointed out for the second layer it is a very small weight price to pay.
One thing you will love is the feel of this hammock-the material is luxurious!
and a small thing but a big thing. the stuff sack fits-so many vendors expect you to have a press along to get the whatever back in the bag.
A comment on the price-well it comes with woopies so figure that in your calculation when you are comparing hammocks.

taylo
01-23-2012, 07:37
Yea I immediately ditched the stock stuff sack for my Lite Owl. I could barely fit my fist inside the opening. It was fairly tedious stuffing it in. I like to have it taken care of with two big crams.

But the hammock rocks. My new #1. Sorry blackbird.

Shug
01-23-2012, 10:06
What length ridgeline you got on that snipe Shug? I'm using a 109" ridgeline on my Lite Owl. I love Wilderness Logics.
It is 107" like aI say in the video. You sound in the comfort ballpark as it will vary a bit with everyone. No set number or length as it is personal preference.
I really like it to.

another + for WL
I was roched into the purchase after BlackWolf showed me the features at the Florida hang last week. First lay was today and its true...this hammock has a very very flat lay...due to the length I suppose.
This is my second WL hammock, I'd forgotten a purchase from last year :( pre-adding the bungies along the sides. Those bungies do make a difference in the lay and as has been mentioned help prevent your stuff from falling out.
I chose the Owl to get the double bottom-as BillyBob pointed out for the second layer it is a very small weight price to pay.
One thing you will love is the feel of this hammock-the material is luxurious!
and a small thing but a big thing. the stuff sack fits-so many vendors expect you to have a press along to get the whatever back in the bag.
A comment on the price-well it comes with woopies so figure that in your calculation when you are comparing hammocks.
Truth spoken.....or typed!

Yea I immediately ditched the stock stuff sack for my Lite Owl. I could barely fit my fist inside the opening. It was fairly tedious stuffing it in. I like to have it taken care of with two big crams.

But the hammock rocks. My new #1. Sorry blackbird.
I may add a BlackBishop Bag.

pizza
01-23-2012, 12:27
For those of you that have these how long did it take to receive them?

Shug
01-23-2012, 12:28
For those of you that have these how long did it take to receive them?
5 days or so for me.......

pizza
01-23-2012, 12:34
LOL, mine just came in the mail here at work. Can't wait to try it out.

SteelerNation
01-23-2012, 13:56
Hey everyone,

The site lists the snipe at 56" x 132". Is that the finished size of the hammock, or is it that size before they gather the end and hem the sides? Just trying to get an idea so that I can measure my Traveler and see what the actual size differences will be.

Thanks!

SN

Shug
01-23-2012, 14:07
Hey everyone,

The site lists the snipe at 56" x 132". Is that the finished size of the hammock, or is it that size before they gather the end and hem the sides? Just trying to get an idea so that I can measure my Traveler and see what the actual size differences will be.

Thanks!

SN
I am assuming finished size......I'll measure when I have it out again.

SteelerNation
01-23-2012, 14:30
I am assuming finished size......I'll measure when I have it out again.

Thanks, Shug. Appreciate it!

SN

Shug
01-23-2012, 14:44
Thanks, Shug. Appreciate it!

SN

I measured 123 laid out so it must be 132" before whipping and such.

SteelerNation
01-23-2012, 16:56
I measured 123 laid out so it must be 132" before whipping and such.

Thanks, after measuring my Traveler, that seems to make sense. Seems like they give the measurement before whipping.

Appreciate Ya!

SN

BlazeAway
01-24-2012, 11:09
Got my snipe to day.
Initial impression, super hammock with no leg ridge.
Blaze

russmay
01-24-2012, 11:47
I see a video coming soon!

Backtrack
01-24-2012, 12:01
Got my snipe to day.
Initial impression, super hammock with no leg ridge.
Blaze

Nice!!! Can't wait for the video......:D

BlazeAway
01-24-2012, 12:38
I see a video coming soon!

Nice!!! Can't wait for the video......:D

Yeah, yeah, you will get it and after that, one about hauling along a pack weighing 1,8 kg :rolleyes: and mind you with tarp, hammock, UQ, TQ, cook kit and room to spare.

flatline
01-24-2012, 16:23
- - - - -SWEET!

MedicineMan
01-24-2012, 16:31
Blaze-holding my breath for that vid--Vimeo please so I can watch easily in my cage.

Shug
01-24-2012, 19:16
Hey.....what about my video?????:laugh:
Hope you like it Blaze......bet you do. May have to extend your UQ suspension a bit....I did.

Backtrack
01-24-2012, 21:45
Shug we haven't forgot about you......I really like the snipe video you did! You really put alot of time and effort in everything you do. Heck, I enjoy every video you make. Keep um comming...

Shug
01-25-2012, 19:20
Shug we haven't forgot about you......I really like the snipe video you did! You really put alot of time and effort in everything you do. Heck, I enjoy every video you make. Keep um comming...

I thankee Backtrack. Slept in that Snipe awhile....very comfortable and supple.

ferret
01-25-2012, 20:41
Slept in my snipe at the Grayson Highlands hang. Had it strung up a little too tight I think, but now that I'm home I dialed in my ridgeline so I should be good to go for my next trip. Now considering getting a bugnet to use it year round.

flatline
01-25-2012, 20:51
I thankee Backtrack. Slept in that Snipe awhile....very comfortable a supple.

erotic hammock expletives?:eek: the Night Owl is a double layer....supple,er!

kgmm00
01-25-2012, 21:02
I love my WL Night Owl. However, what I was most impressed with was the Marty and their customer service. I don't know to many companies that would call you to help with questions about a product after you buy it. With his patient advise I was able to dial in the fit.

BlazeAway
01-26-2012, 11:24
Hey.....what about my video?????:laugh:
Hope you like it Blaze......bet you do. May have to extend your UQ suspension a bit....I did.

Truth be told, blindfolded, laying in either hammocks, I would not know the difference between a Snipe and a Traveler. And for your information I am 192 cm (75.6 inch) tall.

That said, they have differences, just like apples and oranges, and I will in due time make a little video about the two hammocks and how they compare.

Best,
Blaze

Shug
01-28-2012, 11:49
Slept in my snipe at the Grayson Highlands hang. Had it strung up a little too tight I think, but now that I'm home I dialed in my ridgeline so I should be good to go for my next trip. Now considering getting a bugnet to use it year round.
I love Grayson....been a while but have had some fun there.

erotic hammock expletives?:eek: the Night Owl is a double layer....supple,er!
:laugh:

I love my WL Night Owl. However, what I was most impressed with was the Marty and their customer service. I don't know to many companies that would call you to help with questions about a product after you buy it. With his patient advise I was able to dial in the fit.
They were very expedient!

Truth be told, blindfolded, laying in either hammocks, I would not know the difference between a Snipe and a Traveler. And for your information I am 192 cm (75.6 inch) tall.

That said, they have differences, just like apples and oranges, and I will in due time make a little video about the two hammocks and how they compare.

Best,
Blaze
I still have never laid myself in a Traveller))))))

Shug
01-30-2012, 19:34
Snipe Dreams while on the road)))))))))

Or.......just about any hammock!
Shug the Hammock Deprived

Acer
02-08-2012, 22:54
OK Shug,,,I have one on order and waiting for my Snipe patiently..:lol: :boggle: Can't wait to try it on for size !:D

Shug
02-08-2012, 23:02
OK Shug,,,I have one on order and waiting for my Snipe patiently..:lol: :boggle: Can't wait to try it on for size !:D
They are pretty quick on the ship.....
Hope you enjoy yours.
Shug

Mule
02-08-2012, 23:21
I just got mine and took it to the Hoosier National Forest last Sunday and Monday. I love this hammock! Very comfortable.

stevebo
02-09-2012, 08:44
Shug, great video---thanks! One question, is the snipe just a gathered end hammock with drawstrings on the sides, or do they do some thing different with the sides? (gather the ends so theres more slack etc) ? :confused:

Shug
02-09-2012, 08:48
I just got mine and took it to the Hoosier National Forest last Sunday and Monday. I love this hammock! Very comfortable.
Cool Mule!

Shug, great video---thanks! One question, is the snipe just a gathered end hammock with drawstrings on the sides, or do they do some thing different with the sides? (gather the ends so theres more slack etc) ? :confused:
It should be pretty obvious in the video.......just the drawstrings seem to be the difference.

Acer
02-15-2012, 21:41
I recieved my Snipe couple of nites ago, and have slept in it for the last 2 nites in the house hung in the living room. I set the ridge line at 109 inches that I had installed, hung a 40 degree down UQ from Underground Quilts, house had thermostate on furnace set at 68 degrees, threw a new 50 degree down TQ from Underground over me and slept like a baby both nites with no leg problems, no nothing,,it was total bliss..all I can say is WOW! What a difference in lay, comfort, and sleep over the WB Traveler 1.7 single. I am super impressed and love :boggle: this hammock. This is what I have been looking for. I really haven't had time to tweak or play with the RL or anything to find if there is any better sweet spot as where I set it is really the best lay I have ever had in any of the other 3 hammocks I have owned so far. I really think the length has everything to do with my perfect lay in this hammock. I won't get any time to play with this hammock until Sunday,,so will just keep sleeping in it with the way its setup as it rocks just the way it is. This is now my go-to hammock period and very happy with another great product from Wilderness Logics. ;)

Shug
02-16-2012, 00:09
I look forward to getting mine out on the trail for some real woods time.
Cool.
Shug

I recieved my Snipe couple of nites ago, and have slept in it for the last 2 nites in the house hung in the living room. I set the ridge line at 109 inches that I had installed, hung a 40 degree down UQ from Underground Quilts, house had thermostate on furnace set at 68 degrees, threw a new 50 degree down TQ from Underground over me and slept like a baby both nites with no leg problems, no nothing,,it was total bliss..all I can say is WOW! What a difference in lay, comfort, and sleep over the WB Traveler 1.7 single. I am super impressed and love :boggle: this hammock. This is what I have been looking for. I really haven't had time to tweak or play with the RL or anything to find if there is any better sweet spot as where I set it is really the best lay I have ever had in any of the other 3 hammocks I have owned so far. I really think the length has everything to do with my perfect lay in this hammock. I won't get any time to play with this hammock until Sunday,,so will just keep sleeping in it with the way its setup as it rocks just the way it is. This is now my go-to hammock period and very happy with another great product from Wilderness Logics. ;)

Acer
02-17-2012, 19:42
I look forward to getting mine out on the trail for some real woods time.
Cool.
Shug

Its going to be a bit before I can get time to hit a trail,,but last nite between 2 forklifts,,as we have a hole in the blade for trailer hitch balls to move exhibitors equipment in trade shows,,I hung it and slept the nite at the Sports show as we were setting it and laying aisle carpet half the nite..and once again,,perfect sleep,,perfect lay,,perfection at its finest..will post a couple of pics maybe tomorrow if I get time. I am super pleased with the Snipe and its more comfortable for me anyhow. Can't wait to hit the woods with it. :boggle:

Backtrack
02-17-2012, 19:54
Cool deal Acer! Thats being very creative in "tree" selection. Can't wait to see the pics....

RustyFurnace
02-17-2012, 20:25
I just got mine and took it to the Hoosier National Forest last Sunday and Monday.

I was at Hoosier National Forest for the first time Feb. 11 Backpacking 2 lakes trail in the snow. Nice place, I plan on going back when the fish are biting.

The Video of my trip. 2 Lakes Trail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nPmBKrd_a0&feature=youtu.be)

Hope to see you on the trail.
RustyFurnace
Romans 10:9

Acer
02-19-2012, 09:17
Here's the pics from Thursday nites late nite work setup at my Sports Show acct. Snipe hammock with 40 degree UQ and 50 degree TQ by Underground quilts. I left the UQ totally vented that nite and the building got down to about 40 degrees and was totally toasty warm as the our security police that nite was complaining how cold the building got. One of them was a friend of mine that said he considered stealing my TQ as I was snoring quite a bit as he drove by on his golf cart on his routes that nite..lol..I don't stay at a trade show that often,,but this particular show had me working 12 days straight to get it set as its a killer. Show is 350,000 sq ft in 7 buildings at the Indiana State Fairgrounds that runs 10 days straight. Very comfy setup and you could have set a bomb off when I finally crapped out in the hammock as was totally beat. The Snipe totally rocks for me as the most comfortable lay I have ever experienced. Awesome hammock in my opinion. :boggle:

flatline
02-19-2012, 12:55
Here's the pics from Thursday nites late nite work setup at my Sports Show acct. Snipe hammock with 40 degree UQ and 50 degree TQ by Underground quilts. I left the UQ totally vented that nite and the building got down to about 40 degrees and was totally toasty warm as the our security police that nite was complaining how cold the building got. One of them was a friend of mine that said he considered stealing my TQ as I was snoring quite a bit as he drove by on his golf cart on his routes that nite..lol..I don't stay at a trade show that often,,but this particular show had me working 12 days straight to get it set as its a killer. Show is 350,000 sq ft in 7 buildings at the Indiana State Fairgrounds that runs 10 days straight. Very comfy setup and you could have set a bomb off when I finally crapped out in the hammock as was totally beat. The Snipe totally rocks for me as the most comfortable lay I have ever experienced. Awesome hammock in my opinion. :boggle:

that is the ultimate in adjust-ability!

Acer
02-19-2012, 13:12
Its amazing that I can scarf a set of forklift keys among other things,,lol,,,they just don't like acct execs. doing everything that everybody else can do for them..call me old school.. but I like to pitch in with the crews when and where I can to get the jobs done.

Backtrack
02-19-2012, 20:51
That is one cool setup!

Shug
02-19-2012, 22:45
That makes my heart happy.......
Shug

mbnow
02-20-2012, 16:34
I read Acers Review,

I watch Shug's video,

I order the Snipe.

I think i am going to have to self ban myself from watching any more reviews on gear that i don't have.
You guys are killing me.....

Acer
02-20-2012, 20:24
My hat is off to Shug on his video as he was the swing vote in my gettting a Snipe..keep the videos rolling as they are so informative and entertaining as well..:)

Hanging
02-23-2012, 09:05
I am new and was trying to decide between a WB Travler DL and a Light Owl DL. After reading this thread, it looks like the way to go is the light owl, from a comfort stand point and rigging lines that come with it..

Same with the WB Superfly and WL Old Man Winter Tarp. I'll guess I also go with OMW.

Noseeum bug net, what would be the better choice. WB or WL

flatline
02-23-2012, 09:40
I am new and was trying to decide between a WB Travler DL and a Light Owl DL. After reading this thread, it looks like the way to go is the light owl, from a comfort stand point and rigging lines that come with it..

Same with the WB Superfly and WL Old Man Winter Tarp. I'll guess I also go with OMW.

you will be happy with the WL net too. i hang an all WL rig and i am very happy and satisfied that i have the best rig for me!
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/sixstringsofblue/Tadpoleporch.jpg

Backtrack
02-23-2012, 09:44

Send Marty @WL an email or call him and he might cut you a package deal on 3 items. It's worth a try......:D

Hanging
02-23-2012, 16:09
Thanks Flatline and Backtracks.

Looking forward to hang with you guys up in the NC Mts. I am sure I can learn a thing or two from you guys.

I seen and I read about ridgeline, lines to attach hammock to trees, lines for tarp, but have no idea what would be the correct route to take on that..Recommendations please.

Now quilts, many nice ones to choose from. I think a 20* top and bottom should cover 3 season camping. Recommendations please.

Spoke with Marty this morning !!!

Your gear is sure looking puuurty Flatline.

flatline
02-23-2012, 16:28
here is a link (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43724)to a tread from back in early December.
it kinda spells out my setup.

TomsBackwoods
02-23-2012, 16:31
dang it Shug Stop Spending my money! The next thing ya know I'll need a new tarp... wait I do need a new tarp! and the hammock!!! it never ends! Joy! :)

Acer
02-29-2012, 17:21
thought I would give everybody a update on my sleeping in my Snipe. Not one bad nite so far since I bought this thing,,no leg pressure period. Best flat lay ever, Best sleeping ever as I have slept it in now almost every nite since I got this thing,,as I hang in the house. This is the best hammock I have ever had for sleeping in,,eventually I am going to get another one just for backup. :lol::boggle:

Shug
12-06-2012, 10:44
thought I would give everybody a update on my sleeping in my Snipe. Not one bad nite so far since I bought this thing,,no leg pressure period. Best flat lay ever, Best sleeping ever as I have slept it in now almost every nite since I got this thing,,as I hang in the house. This is the best hammock I have ever had for sleeping in,,eventually I am going to get another one just for backup. :lol::boggle:
I have been enjoying mine too.....