PDA

View Full Version : New treklight owner and HF member

Eric
05-27-2008, 22:33
Hi guys, I'm Eric. :D

I've been quietly reading for awhile now and tonight I decided to take the plunge and order a treklight double, for I am a big man in need of a big hammock.

Iafte
05-27-2008, 22:36
Welcome Eric. Hope you enjoy your new Treklight!

Preacha Man
05-27-2008, 22:37
Welcome Eric, its always good when a lurker finally joins up.

Enjoy,
Dwight

slowhike
05-27-2008, 22:41
Welcome to HF.
There are a few tricks to learn. Feel free to ask questions.

Narwhalin
05-27-2008, 23:04
Welcome! I think the double was a good idea. A couple more ounces of fabric is well worth carrying when you consider the extra comfort...

Have you hung it up yet?

Eric
05-28-2008, 04:32
Thanks for the welcome guys. I haven't hung it up yet because I ordered it just a few minutes prior to creating this thread. Figured I could study up a bit on some tips/tricks before it gets here.

I was thinking about ordering the bug net from ENO to compliment the purchase. Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

Mule
05-28-2008, 06:40
I have slept in a double and it is COMFY! Let us know what we can do to help you get all the bugs ironed out. BTW, the bugnet for that hammock is OK, but if you have a sewing machine, there are perhaps lighter and better ways of keeping the bugs out and they are shared here on this site. Their bugnet does work well though. Welcome! Mule

Lost
05-28-2008, 07:25
Welcome to HF, Eric. There are lots of folks here with a wealth of information that are always willing to help those of us not as familar with all the extra bells and whistles that go with hammocking!

Keep an eye out for some of the get togethers in this area. A great way to learn new tricks!

headchange4u
05-28-2008, 07:42
Welcome to HF, Eric.

You'll love your TL. It's a very comfortable hammock.

Eric
05-28-2008, 07:53
Thanks guys. Eventually I would like to get into making my own gear but until I buy a sewing machine, it will have to wait.

I opted instead for the Hammock bliss mosquito net from Dicks Sporting Goods. It was about $20 cheaper.

I am going to attempt to make my first piece of kit soon though. I'm thinking of a gear hammock to hang along side the treklight.

jlb2012
05-28-2008, 08:35
first piece of gear for a Trek Light should be a foot rest - run a slack line from one "hook" to the other and adjust lenght so as to support feet when sitting in the hammock - makes the hammock into a great place to sit without having the edge dig into your legs

FanaticFringer
05-28-2008, 15:29
I've got a Treklight double. Nice hammock. Welcome to the forum.

rigidpsycho
05-28-2008, 16:58
Welcome to the forums eric. You will love your hammock. I have one similar and it is very comfortable. Enjoy the site there is alot of useful info and ideas get you started.