PDA

View Full Version : DD Scout

bob2guns
01-22-2012, 16:52
anybody using the DD Scout or DD Camping hammock...?

is it about the same as the claytor no-net ?

Cannibal
01-22-2012, 17:04
I have not used the Scout, but all my DD Hammocks are similar in hang as the Claytors. They are a little more rugged IMO, but same basic hammock construction.

bob2guns
01-22-2012, 17:20
the two outfits have about the same designs.....i been curious which one started first...? i think DD started in 05, not sure about MH ....

inspectorguy
01-22-2012, 17:30
I am using an early DD Traveler [before they went waterproof] and actually like it better than any other hammock I have tried [WBBB, Switchback Light Hiker, Hennessy, etc., etc.].

Have just gotten a new Green Hornet which is very similar, but a bit longer.

You can hang 'em tight and still get a good flat laying position with very little calf pressure [more like ankle pressure].

Price is pretty good too.

gorlotas
01-24-2012, 04:38
Hi there!
I'm using the camping hammock. It is a bit bigger than the scout, and more comfortable.

JPsax
01-24-2012, 08:47
I have the camping hammock and the scout is just a smaller version. The down side is that Its very narrow so your diagonal lay is not so great but its usable for a smaller person. Its similar to the no net.

For Some Reason my cousin LOVES his Traveler hammock but I cant lay in it for more than five minutes, its way to narrow.

bob2guns
01-26-2012, 21:49
hello Portugal ...welcome to HF

bob2guns
01-26-2012, 21:58
the camping hammock looks good on paper...not waterproof...a little wider than the no-net ( 7 in ) ....i wonder how the zipper on the 2 layer bottom works out...? something to rub against maybe ...

gorlotas
01-29-2012, 14:55
the camping hammock looks good on paper...not waterproof...a little wider than the no-net ( 7 in ) ....i wonder how the zipper on the 2 layer bottom works out...? something to rub against maybe ...

About that, if you lay in with the zipper on the outside it will be no problem at all.

Terr
02-04-2012, 06:22
The 'Scout' is just a smaller, zipless version of the 'Camper'. I just upgraded from the 'Scout'. I couldn't find fault with it, just wanted a bigger hammock with a zip. Got a bit sick of my mat sliding out of the side.

The zip should pose no problem. It runs flat so simply make sure it's on the bottom side of your hammock and it shouldn't give you any headaches. It's very well constructed, with a 'no-snag' nylon strip running alongside it.