PDA

View Full Version : Video: Snipe vs. Traveler

BlazeAway
01-28-2012, 08:17
Made two outings to test the Snipe and Traveler.
Thought I could find a difference in the lay in the hammocks, but I have come to the conclusion that both are truly comfortable hammocks.
Hope you enjoy it.
Best,
Blaze

Video on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/35775452

Same video on YouTube:

jrMw8V1KSuo&feature=youtu.be

Turtle Creek
01-28-2012, 09:05
Excellent comparison and great video. I am in the market for a new set up and have been eying the 'longer' Wilderness Logics set ups. Your comparing/contrasting them answered a lot of questions that I have been thinking about. Thank you for taking the time to address covering each hammock set up with two different styles of tarps. That is a very important component that should go hand in hand when choosing the hammock. It opened my eyes a bit.

My visual perception was that you laid a little flatter in the longer set up.
It is good to know comfort was equal between the two.

Acer
01-28-2012, 09:12
great review and video and very informative description of both hammocks. Keep on hanging and videoing as its great information your giving everybody. :)

Bannerstone
01-28-2012, 09:20
Thanks Blazeaway, great topic. This really helps with understanding what makes for a comfortable hammock.

Still I'm intreagued with the snipe, I can imagine myself enjoying it for indoors when the dogs are curled up with me and I'm reading.

Keep up with the videos!

David

MedicineMan
01-28-2012, 10:41
are those your leather pants Blaze?!?!
A LOT of set up time to do this vid--very much appreciated! Time is money right.
Longer hammock (snipe)=longer tarp required=more grams...I see your point.
So good to see snow Blaze....send some our way.
Always love seeing the environ....would love to see it in person--group hang in your backyard?
'The last Traveler' dammmmmm how many do you have!
OK another excellent vid Blaze.

L.D. Cakes
01-28-2012, 11:05
Great comparison! Always love your videos Blaze.
I am studying the Lite Owl because a double hammock works best for me as I sometimes add a pad.(Saved my butt in Florida!)
Now if someone could do a comparison on the Lite Owl & a Double Traveler..Hint Hint MM. ;)

Wander'nFool
01-28-2012, 11:13
Thanks, Blaze. I have been going back and forth in choosing between these two hammocks and your video was "very" helpful.

Much Appreciated.

FireInMyBones
01-28-2012, 11:46
I'm rather short @ 5'7" and I couldn't tell much difference in lay between my DIY Nano7 or my DIY Traveler (a similar equivalent to your two lengths). I'm also short on money, so I had to DIY them, maybe that makes a difference.

Shug
01-28-2012, 12:09
You are a Traveller man at heart it seems.
I still like my DIY GreenBean hammock......it has my heart.
But I am looking forward to more Sniping.
Never have I ever even laid in a Traveller so I know not what I may be missing.
All secure in sector seven,
Shug

Gustav
01-28-2012, 13:42
Blaze, Great Video ! So, I guess you like the "Traveler" I too have one. And it's super.

pizza
01-28-2012, 13:44
Great review. Here are some of my personal comparisons. I recently sold my Traveler double 1.7 and got the WL Lite Owl double 1.1 to replace it. I got a chance to lay in my Lite Owl for the first time this morning and it's definitely a keeper. Very comfortable. The extra length offsets the narrower width compared to the Traveler for getting a comfortable diagonal lay. I didn't feel confined at all. If the hammock were shorter I probably would not care for the Lite Owl as it would likely restrict how diagonal you could get which is why the SB Light Hiker hammock I had last year didn't work out for me (similar width but shorter restricting diagonal lay).

I personally really liked the shock cord side tensioners on the Lite Owl. I didn't find it necessary to draw it in at the head end but it did seem to help at the foot end to form a foot box to secure my feet. As mentioned in the video if using an under quilt it can help to keep the top quilt in the Traveler when getting out however for me that was only the case when I used a full length under quilt. I generally use a partial length under quilt and for me the foot end of the quilt still fell out of the Traveler onto the ground virtually every time I got out. I also had a difficult time keeping my feet in the Traveler when sleeping in the hammock due to the floppy sides that always wanted to lay flat. I could somewhat alleviate that issue switching my head to the right / feet to the left. No idea why that worked better for me with the Traveler. This however was not an issue at all for me with the Lite Owl even with the shock cord loosened at the foot end but I still liked it best with it tightened up just a bit. Kinda reminded me of the Blackbird foot box.

All in all I really like the Wilderness Logics hammock. I intend to use it for cold weather when bugs aren't an issue but I may even consider getting the bug net for it and trying it out for really hot muggy weather in the summer. I'd guess it would have a bit more airflow than the Blackbird since it has less ripstop fabric on the sides.

Loneoak
01-28-2012, 14:01
Nice comparison, watch all your video's and you do a great job.....keep it up and thanks

Bruciehi5
01-28-2012, 16:18
Your remote control works good. I’ve got one for my Kodak and it’s not much chop. I’ve had my eye on a Traveller hammock and will probably get one some day – already got four hammocks, one more can’t hurt. SNOW! Finally, I got to see snow in one of your videos! You and snow look good together! I’ve always thought your area of the world should have snow, now I thought right. Looks like the Snip is made for long people.

2Tall
01-28-2012, 17:17
Great personal review. Gives a good comparisson of each. Thanks!

BEAS
01-28-2012, 19:08
Blaze you have become one of my favorite video makers on this site. You know who would be #1. However you have a great warm feel to your videos.

Thanks and keep banging out those videos and trips

BEAS

OutandBack
01-28-2012, 21:20
Hi Blaze,
Excellent review of these two hammocks.

I hope my review and post on the snipe did not mislead you in your
purchase of a snipe.

For me all the advantages I listed are well worth 3.5 oz.

Thanks again for a great video.
You are a very knowledgeable hammock guy and outdoorsman
and I trust your unbiased honest reviews.

bigfoot2
01-29-2012, 00:21
Blazeaway,
Very nice video:thumbup1:
I had to laugh, though :
"..why would i bring 100 grams extra?" Why worry about the 100 grams when you're wearing leather pants, man? :scared:

BF:cool:

BlazeAway
01-29-2012, 08:49
Excellent comparison and great video. I am in the market for a new set up and have been eying the 'longer' Wilderness Logics set ups. Your comparing/contrasting them answered a lot of questions that I have been thinking about. Thank you for taking the time to address covering each hammock set up with two different styles of tarps. That is a very important component that should go hand in hand when choosing the hammock. It opened my eyes a bit.

My visual perception was that you laid a little flatter in the longer set up.
It is good to know comfort was equal between the two.

As I see it both are great hammocks, though for the reasons stated in the video, I will bring the Traveler when hiking.
Blaze

great review and video and very informative description of both hammocks. Keep on hanging and videoing as its great information your giving everybody. :)

Thanks Acer. Will do.
Blaze

Thanks Blazeaway, great topic. This really helps with understanding what makes for a comfortable hammock.

Still I'm intreagued with the snipe, I can imagine myself enjoying it for indoors when the dogs are curled up with me and I'm reading.

Keep up with the videos!

David

David, the Snipe is a great hammock with features like the drawcords at foot and head ends, which the Traveler lacks. Furthermore, the color black is very beautiful for a hammock. But as you know by now, I am a Traveler man.
Blaze

are those your leather pants Blaze?!?!
A LOT of set up time to do this vid--very much appreciated! Time is money right.
Longer hammock (snipe)=longer tarp required=more grams...I see your point.
So good to see snow Blaze....send some our way.
Always love seeing the environ....would love to see it in person--group hang in your backyard?
'The last Traveler' dammmmmm how many do you have!
OK another excellent vid Blaze.

I haven’t had them off for at least 12 years, so to speak. Don’t know why, but I seem to like them.
And on time you are wrong. In my line of business, that is enjoying my otium, time is free.
And for the upcoming backyard hang I will hang in one of my three Traveler hammocks.
Blaze

Great comparison! Always love your videos Blaze.
I am studying the Lite Owl because a double hammock works best for me as I sometimes add a pad.(Saved my butt in Florida!)
Now if someone could do a comparison on the Lite Owl & a Double Traveler..Hint Hint MM. ;)

Glad you liked it, Cakes. I enjoyed making it, though I have not been pleased with the video. It bears the mark of an amateur, but then again that is what I am.
Blaze

Thanks, Blaze. I have been going back and forth in choosing between these two hammocks and your video was "very" helpful.

Much Appreciated.

Good one, Wander’nFool.
Blaze

I'm rather short @ 5'7" and I couldn't tell much difference in lay between my DIY Nano7 or my DIY Traveler (a similar equivalent to your two lengths). I'm also short on money, so I had to DIY them, maybe that makes a difference.

Shug is always hanging in his DIY GreenBean hammock. Well done, DIY should be superior to money. And it is full of creative joy.
Blaze

You are a Traveller man at heart it seems.
I still like my DIY GreenBean hammock......it has my heart.
But I am looking forward to more Sniping.
Shug

You are missing nothing Shug. An open gathered end hammock, when well made, makes for the best possible hang IMHO.
Blaze

BlazeAway
01-29-2012, 09:33
Blaze, Great Video ! So, I guess you like the "Traveler" I too have one. And it's super.

Yes, I am a Traveler man as Shug put it. And all considered the Traveler is my favorite Hammock.
Blaze

Great review. Here are some of my personal comparisons. I recently sold my Traveler double 1.7 and got the WL Lite Owl double 1.1 to replace it. I got a chance to lay in my Lite Owl for the first time this morning and it's definitely a keeper. Very comfortable. The extra length offsets the narrower width compared to the Traveler for getting a comfortable diagonal lay. I didn't feel confined at all. If the hammock were shorter I probably would not care for the Lite Owl as it would likely restrict how diagonal you could get which is why the SB Light Hiker hammock I had last year didn't work out for me (similar width but shorter restricting diagonal lay).

I personally really liked the shock cord side tensioners on the Lite Owl. I didn't find it necessary to draw it in at the head end but it did seem to help at the foot end to form a foot box to secure my feet. As mentioned in the video if using an under quilt it can help to keep the top quilt in the Traveler when getting out however for me that was only the case when I used a full length under quilt. I generally use a partial length under quilt and for me the foot end of the quilt still fell out of the Traveler onto the ground virtually every time I got out. I also had a difficult time keeping my feet in the Traveler when sleeping in the hammock due to the floppy sides that always wanted to lay flat. I could somewhat alleviate that issue switching my head to the right / feet to the left. No idea why that worked better for me with the Traveler. This however was not an issue at all for me with the Lite Owl even with the shock cord loosened at the foot end but I still liked it best with it tightened up just a bit. Kinda reminded me of the Blackbird foot box.

All in all I really like the Wilderness Logics hammock. I intend to use it for cold weather when bugs aren't an issue but I may even consider getting the bug net for it and trying it out for really hot muggy weather in the summer. I'd guess it would have a bit more airflow than the Blackbird since it has less ripstop fabric on the sides.

I fully concur with you Pizza. And you are right, using a 3/4 length UQ on the Traveler will get your TQ on the ground.
Blaze

Nice comparison, watch all your video's and you do a great job.....keep it up and thanks

Thanks Loneoak.
Will do.
Blaze

Your remote control works good. I’ve got one for my Kodak and it’s not much chop. I’ve had my eye on a Traveller hammock and will probably get one some day – already got four hammocks, one more can’t hurt. SNOW! Finally, I got to see snow in one of your videos! You and snow look good together! I’ve always thought your area of the world should have snow, now I thought right. Looks like the Snip is made for long people.

Bruciehi5, you have a long way to go.
I have 10 hammocks.
Blaze

Great personal review. Gives a good comparisson of each. Thanks!

You are welcome, 2TallWv
Blaze

Blaze you have become one of my favorite video makers on this site. You know who would be #1. However you have a great warm feel to your videos.

Thanks and keep banging out those videos and trips

BEAS

Thanks a lot, BEAS.
Yeah, Shug’s the man.
Blaze

Hi Blaze,
Excellent review of these two hammocks.

I hope my review and post on the snipe did not mislead you in your
purchase of a snipe.

For me all the advantages I listed is well worth 3.5 oz.

Thanks again for a great video.
You are a very knowledgeable hammock guy and outdoorsman
and I trust your unbiased honest reviews.

Thanks OutandBack.
No, you and Shug just helped me get the Snipe and for that I am grateful. When I started hanging I decided that since it was such a limited playing field, I would gather as much knowledge about the different gear as possible.
I am still working at it.
Blaze

Blazeaway,
Very nice video:thumbup1:
I had to laugh, though :
"..why would i bring 100 grams extra?" Why worry about the 100 grams when you're wearing leather pants, man? :scared:

BF:cool:

You got a big point there, Bigfoot2
Even worse, I tend to bring a cook kit that weighs 542 grams, when I have them as light as they come.
Blaze

kobold
01-29-2012, 09:41
thanks for the vid blaze - you have an accurate, but not dry style - it made me look at my existing gear from a new angle.

Raul Perez
01-29-2012, 10:46
Nice video. I too wondered if the extra weight and bulk would be worth the comfort. Seems like the change in comfort is minimal.

Really doesn't matter to me since I'm a midget compared to you and can hang in the lightest hammock lol

Callahan
01-29-2012, 12:22
Great video Blaze! Looking to put together a lightweight setup...going back and forth between a Traveller, a Snipe, or a light DIY gathered end with a drawcord footbox.

Really appreciate the side by side detailed review, both look like great hammocks. As I am trying to downsize my tarp and weight, I will probably lean towards the Traveller or DIY setup, but that snipe would look might fine between the spruce trees in my backyard.

Cheers :)

BlazeAway
01-30-2012, 04:48
thanks for the vid blaze - you have an accurate, but not dry style - it made me look at my existing gear from a new angle.

Glad you liked it and could use the info.
Blaze

Nice video. I too wondered if the extra weight and bulk would be worth the comfort. Seems like the change in comfort is minimal.

Really doesn't matter to me since I'm a midget compared to you and can hang in the lightest hammock lol

I think it is like the beauty of a woman. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Choosing a hammock is a personal issue.
Blaze

Great video Blaze! Looking to put together a lightweight setup...going back and forth between a Traveller, a Snipe, or a light DIY gathered end with a drawcord footbox.

Really appreciate the side by side detailed review, both look like great hammocks. As I am trying to downsize my tarp and weight, I will probably lean towards the Traveller or DIY setup, but that snipe would look might fine between the spruce trees in my backyard.

Cheers :)

The Snipe is a mighty fine looking hammock. But so is the Traveler.
It ain’t easy.
Blaze

Acer
01-30-2012, 06:03
Blaze,,,which Travelers do you have that you like the most>? Single or Double layers? Just curious.

BlazeAway
01-30-2012, 07:42
Blaze,,,which Travelers do you have that you like the most>? Single or Double layers? Just curious.

I only have single layers.

Fronkey
01-30-2012, 09:24
Awesome review and great detail you put into this video.

Fronkey

dukedante
01-30-2012, 09:57
"but I'm not an expert"
Could have fooled me. Who is then?

BlazeAway
01-30-2012, 11:21
Awesome review and great detail you put into this video.

Fronkey

Really glad you liked it. I was close to not putting it on the net.
Blaze

"but I'm not an expert"
Could have fooled me. Who is then?

I am a newbie, though getting old.
Blaze

pizza
01-30-2012, 12:47
I was going to do a video on my Lite Owl but there was no reason to after seeing your review because you covered everything.

BlazeAway
01-30-2012, 13:08
I was going to do a video on my Lite Owl but there was no reason to after seeing your review because you covered everything.

No :rolleyes: I forgot to mention that the adjustable ridge line on the Snipe was added by me. The Snibe comes without a ridge line, as opposed to the Traveler.
Blaze

OutandBack
01-30-2012, 14:16
No :rolleyes: I forgot to mention that the adjustable ridge line on the Snipe was added by me. The Snibe comes without a ridge line, as opposed to the Traveler.
Blaze

Hi Blaze,
I know you started with a 108 inch RL that shug put in his video on the snipe.
Did you experiment with any other lengths?
I ask because I usually hang my snipe at a 20-25 degree angle vs the 30 degrees required by
the WB hammocks for best lay.
I find the snipe and my TtoT Switchback lay better with less angle on the tree straps.

I'm not saying this will make the snipe more comfortable than the traveler.

O&B

BlazeAway
01-30-2012, 14:57
Hi Blaze,
I know you started with a 108 inch RL that shug put in his video on the snipe.
Did you experiment with any other lengths?
I ask because I usually hang my snipe at a 20-25 degree angle vs the 30 degrees required by
the WB hammocks for best lay.
I find the snipe and my TtoT Switchback lay better with less angle on the tree straps.

I'm not saying this will make the snipe more comfortable than the traveler.

O&B

To be honest, I have not tried that. Will do.
That said, the tree stress will increase with a tauter suspension.
Blaze

OutandBack
01-30-2012, 15:59
To be honest, I have not tried that. Will do.
That said, the tree stress will increase with a tauter suspension.
Blaze

Although I avoid hanging from soft skinned trees like Aspens
I have not noticed any bark damage to the pine tree I try to select.

I thought Tinny from MBD did some good real world testing of just how much more
pressure is applied to the tree straps when the angle is increased. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNt-C8m5Nc&feature=plcp&context=C341ac24UDOEgsToPDskJpY1z4KTINBlb5MRrphtuX

Acer
01-30-2012, 16:05
I only have single layers.

What is your better lay,,,the 1.1 single or the 1.7 single? Which one do you favor? The reason I ask,,I have used the 1.7 single extensively and there is just no perfect sweet spot,,and I was considering trying the 1.1 and wanted to hear what you liked and if so why.

taylo
01-30-2012, 19:31
Mr. Blaze,
If you are concerned with the wieght of the Snipe, but like its lay, just remove the shock cord and cord locks from the two cinch areas. You mentioned at the start of the video that you didn't like the cinch feature anyway. Just untie the knots in the shock cord, remove the cord locks, and pull the shock cord out. I imagine this is a significant weight savings.

ShadowAlpha
01-30-2012, 20:32
Blaze - very informative! Enjoy watching your videos :)

I been enjoying my traveler and being I'm 5' 3" extra length in a hammock is a waste for me.

thank you!

BlazeAway
01-31-2012, 05:33
Although I avoid hanging from soft skinned trees like Aspens
I have not noticed any bark damage to the pine tree I try to select.

I thought Tinny from MBD did some good real world testing of just how much more
pressure is applied to the tree straps when the angle is increased. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNt-C8m5Nc&feature=plcp&context=C341ac24UDOEgsToPDskJpY1z4KTINBlb5MRrphtuX

Yeah, now you mention it, I recall seeing the video from Tinny. I will have a go at it, though I doubt that it will change anything, since I am super comfortable in the Snibe when set up with the 30* angle.
Blaze

What is your better lay,,,the 1.1 single or the 1.7 single? Which one do you favor? The reason I ask,,I have used the 1.7 single extensively and there is just no perfect sweet spot,,and I was considering trying the 1.1 and wanted to hear what you liked and if so why.

I only have the 1.7 single and it is mighty comfortable.
Blaze

Mr. Blaze,
If you are concerned with the wieght of the Snipe, but like its lay, just remove the shock cord and cord locks from the two cinch areas. You mentioned at the start of the video that you didn't like the cinch feature anyway. Just untie the knots in the shock cord, remove the cord locks, and pull the shock cord out. I imagine this is a significant weight savings.

The Snipe is perfect as it is. It is a super hammock. I just prefer the Traveler for the reasons stated.
Blaze

Blaze - very informative! Enjoy watching your videos :)

I been enjoying my traveler and being I'm 5' 3" extra length in a hammock is a waste for me.

thank you!

Good one ShadowAlpha.
Blaze

Shewie
01-31-2012, 16:50
Useful vid thanks Blaze, I'm toying with getting one of them myself.

I can make you a black bag for your Traveller no bother, send me your address and I'll get one done for you.

BlazeAway
02-01-2012, 04:01
Useful vid thanks Blaze, I'm toying with getting one of them myself.

I can make you a black bag for your Traveller no bother, send me your address and I'll get one done for you.

No, no :) Shewie :). A bag is a bag, no matter what color it has.
But that is very kind of you.
Best of wishes,
Blaze

mbnow
02-05-2012, 12:03
Blaze,

Great review, its great you get down to the details of what you like/ dislike.
Very honest. it is ALL in the details.

Did you add a ridge line to make setup quicker? or do you use it to hang mosquito netting? or both?
If so what kind on netting?

I picked up a Grand trunk UL for $9 at REI and i am thinking of trying out a fast and light approach this summer, so will need some netting i think. But i dont know if i will need a ridge line.

thanks.

Matt B.

BlazeAway
02-06-2012, 08:50
Blaze,

Great review, its great you get down to the details of what you like/ dislike.
Very honest. it is ALL in the details.

Did you add a ridge line to make setup quicker? or do you use it to hang mosquito netting? or both?
If so what kind on netting?

I picked up a Grand trunk UL for $9 at REI and i am thinking of trying out a fast and light approach this summer, so will need some netting i think. But i dont know if i will need a ridge line.

thanks.

Matt B.

The ridge line is added, to get the same sag in the hammock at every hang.
Blaze

grouch
02-10-2012, 15:33
Shug

What? No Traveler in sector seven???

Nice video Blaze. I am a Traveler guy myself but then again, I know nothing else.

BLUEFIN 774
02-10-2012, 16:48
Hey Blaze,

Thanks for sharing another great video of you and your hammock gear with us. It is nice to see how other people setup their gear and what they like or don't like about it.
Your videos are always entertaining and informative. Love the scenery of your part of the world.

Mule
02-10-2012, 17:29
I really appreciate this review. Thanks for doing it, and doing it so well.

BlazeAway
02-12-2012, 13:14
Nice video Blaze. I am a Traveler guy myself but then again, I know nothing else.

Hey Blaze,

Thanks for sharing another great video of you and your hammock gear with us. It is nice to see how other people setup their gear and what they like or don't like about it.
Your videos are always entertaining and informative. Love the scenery of your part of the world.

I really appreciate this review. Thanks for doing it, and doing it so well.

Thanks guys. Glad you liked it.
Blaze

Delboy
03-01-2012, 15:44
Nicely Done!

What camera did you use...looks like a Kodak remote

Country Roads
03-02-2012, 09:41
I sleep in my Traveler every night and love it. The snipe looks awesome, but I only have a limited amount of room for indoor hanging, so the length is a problem indoors. I might consider it though for outdoor hangs. Nice video!

BlazeAway
03-03-2012, 02:20
Nicely Done!

What camera did you use...looks like a Kodak remote

I am using Kodak Playsport ZX5. It is a great little camera.
Blaze

I sleep in my Traveler every night and love it. The snipe looks awesome, but I only have a limited amount of room for indoor hanging, so the length is a problem indoors. I might consider it though for outdoor hangs. Nice video!

Both is great hammocks. I use the Snipe at home and the Traveler when hiking.
Blaze

PackBacker
10-25-2012, 20:41
I have been looking at both of these hammocks...thanks for the review

BlazeAway
11-06-2012, 09:57
I have been looking at both of these hammocks...thanks for the review

Both are great hammocks, though for hiking I prefer the Traveler.

backroad
03-18-2013, 10:47
While searching out information on the Traveler I found this.
Just wanted to say thank you for doing the review. Beside being informative it was enjoyable to watch.

As always, Will

BlazeAway
03-20-2013, 04:07
You are welcome Will. As you probably know by now I am totally sold on the Warbonnett Traveler, amongst other reasons because it fits perfectly with the PolarPod.
Thanks for watching and commenting.
Best of wishes,
Blaze

dragon360
03-20-2013, 08:13
Nice to see you back for a bit Blaze - been missing your vids!

BlazeAway
03-21-2013, 03:39
Nice to see you back for a bit Blaze - been missing your vids!

A bit longer, and I will have my own Internet connection once again.
Then I will run through my gear and share my experiences with hammocks thus far.
Best of wishes,
Blaze

fuhgawee
03-25-2013, 08:18
+1

If you think of it include part of the area. Whether town or landscape. Love seeing that part of the world. Nice touch in your videos.

BlazeAway
03-26-2013, 04:04
Will do.
Best,
Blaze

MedicineMan
03-26-2013, 04:49
You guys notice a trend toward 'smaller' hammocks, of which the Traveler is and has been and will always be :)
I was in a Neutron, slightly longer by 8-9 inches than the Traveler, but since going full time with w/b hammock socks I'm back in the Traveler full time since the socks are made for the Traveler size.
The only complaint historically about the Traveler was stuff falling out, now it just falls into the sock so no worries .
All the best, sector universal :)

BlazeAway
03-26-2013, 05:22
You guys notice a trend toward 'smaller' hammocks, of which the Traveler is and has been and will always be :)
I was in a Neutron, slightly longer by 8-9 inches than the Traveler, but since going full time with w/b hammock socks I'm back in the Traveler full time since the socks are made for the Traveler size.
The only complaint historically about the Traveler was stuff falling out, now it just falls into the sock so no worries .
All the best, sector universal :)

Could not have said it better, though I want to add that the Speer PolarPod is a perfect fit to the Traveler and that the Traveler has a very comfortable lay with no ridge at the legs once you know how to lay diagonal in the hammock, so all in all I see it as a superior hammock IMHO.
And as to not loosing you top quilt on the ground when getting in and out of the hammock, I have always used either a weather shield or the WB mosquito net, so loosing my top quilt has never been an issue.
And since getting the WB Sock, the Traveler has perfected it self.
Best of wishes,
Blaze