PDA

View Full Version : Eno sn weight saving upgrade

brdaaw
01-29-2012, 23:39
I have a single nest that I'd like to upgrade with 8'whoopie slings, toggles and 1" 6' webbing. The question is, does anyone know exactly how much weight this saves?
Also, are there any good alternatives to eno's heavy bug net?

tncamper
01-29-2012, 23:50
I've got a bug net, just because I ran across a heck of a deal. It's never been opened, but I bet you could do a DIY and save a ton. When I converted everything, it saved a ton. I can weigh it all at work tomorrow if you want. If I can find the crap straps. I mean slap straps.

Red Wing
01-29-2012, 23:52
Warbonnet has a fine bugnet that's half the weight of the ENO gaurdian for the around the same price.

Don't know how much weight that saved but if you cut the straps and buckles off too, it's considerable. Relatively.

Made those exact upgrades to my ENO

Bubba
01-29-2012, 23:54
Here are a couple of bugnets:
http://warbonnetoutdoors.com/travelers.php
http://wildernesslogics.com/NOSEEUM-BUG-NET-NOSEEUM-BUG-NET.htm

brdaaw
01-30-2012, 00:08
Wow. That net is half the weight (1/2 lbs). I would definitely appreciate you measuring the old ENO crap staps, line, and carabeener.

Gustav
01-30-2012, 00:08
I have a single nest that I'd like to upgrade with 8'whoopie slings, toggles and 1" 6' webbing. The question is, does anyone know exactly how much weight this saves?
Also, are there any good alternatives to eno's heavy bug net?

I can not give you a before weight. But, this is what my ENO SN came in at 1 lbs 1 oz. That is with 8' whoopies, 1"x6' Webbing & toggles plus ridge line. I did remove that buckle & Webbing on the bag. But, still have bag on hammock.
Do not have any bug nets.:D

tncamper
01-30-2012, 00:23
Wow. That net is half the weight (1/2 lbs). I would definitely appreciate you measuring the old ENO crap staps, line, and carabeener.

I should have everything together in the morning. If i can't find it before i leave, I'll def. have it for Tuesday.

brdaaw
02-13-2012, 22:31
Update: My ENO SN w/stock biners was 17.8oz + 10.2oz for the pro slapstraps + 3oz tree huggers (31oz total). after my whoopie sling upgrade, my total weight (hammock, slings, huggers) is 16.6oz. That's almost a pound saved :D

tncamper
02-13-2012, 22:34
I had forgot all about this thread. So sorry I didn't get back to you.