PDA

View Full Version : Just a small suggestion

QChan
06-08-2008, 00:07
It's just a thought, but in the 4 sale and Gear your looking for sections, when the deal, issue, sale, purchase has been resolved, why not have a mod lock the thread?

It would help people stay on topic if they can't post off topic stuff once the deal is done.

headchange4u
06-09-2008, 07:56
It's just a thought, but in the 4 sale and Gear your looking for sections, when the deal, issue, sale, purchase has been resolved, why not have a mod lock the thread?

It would help people stay on topic if they can't post off topic stuff once the deal is done.

You read my mind. :)

If you have a For Sale thread or a Wanted To Buy thread, and you item has sold or you have found what you are looking for, please make sure the thread is marked that the item is sold. I will be going through the FS and WTB forums over the next couple of days and closing threads on items that have been sold.

HappyCamper
06-09-2008, 08:09
I moderate on another forum and that's what we do. Lock the thread when people have sold their items or have found the item they wanted to buy.

Others don't have to waste time reading through a FS thread where the item has been sold. Any threads that haven't had updates after 2 or 3 months are locked as well. If the person selling item wants it re-opended they just PM the moderator.

angrysparrow
06-09-2008, 08:30
Any threads that haven't had updates after 2 or 3 months are locked as well. If the person selling item wants it re-opended they just PM the moderator.

Locking finished 4sale threads is fine, but auto-closing threads wouldn't work here. There are too many older threads that get revisited with new information after time passes. I think that instead contacting a mod to open up an old thread, many users would just not bother at all. Then you lose out on the information they would have added.

QChan
06-09-2008, 14:49
Yeah that's what I used to do on the forums I admin-ed, We appointed one person just to do that. Then people who don't mod that area don't have worry about it.