PDA

View Full Version : DD hammock sleeve with Green Hornet...

docwells7
02-09-2012, 09:48
Hello all,
I have a TW Green Hornet which appears to be based on the DD hammock design. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the hammock sleeve DD makes will work with the Green Hornet hammock. I have a set of the Hennessy snake skins that would probably work, but had planned on using those for my Kelty Noah 12 tarp. Anyway, just thought I'd ask here first.
Thanks,
Erik

Cali
02-09-2012, 10:14
I can't answer your question, but I also have a Green Hornet, and it sure is a nice hammock. Good luck with an answer to your question. :)

Southpaw
02-09-2012, 18:36
Baja, you have one of everything I think

Passinthru
02-09-2012, 18:38
I don't know anything about the Green Hornet but the DD sleeve is right at 9ft. long and about 2 3/4 to 3 inch diameter with a drawstring and cordlock at each end. Hope that helps.

garethw
02-10-2012, 04:00
Hi there
I've got one of the DD sleeves, and its pretty big.. I'd imagine the hammock you have would fit.
Personally I gave up on the sleeve. While the hammock fits in very easily, once your untie it the whole affair is very bulky. I found it hard to fold it up, and even harder to put it into the stuff sack.
The solution I know use, and Ray Mears demonstrated this on a video... is to use a 5L waterproof dry sack. I stuff the hammock in just as fast as the sleeve and it folds down quickly to be stowed in my pack. I found a nifty camo drysack....
cheers
Gareth

bristolview
02-13-2012, 20:02
Yes, the standard double bottom Tenth Wonder hammock fits just fine in the DD Sleeves. Have both, works just fine. Tenth Wonder also makes a 3 layer bottom, with the third layer being a vapor barrier and windbreak. It is for a) use as a separate single layer hammock, b) Gear Hammock or c) Layer for misc insulation in the cold. The 3 layer will NOT fit into the DD Sleeve.

Nathan H
02-22-2012, 10:12
Hey there,

I manage to get my DD Travel hammock and the DD Tarp 3mtr x 3mtr tarp along with all the fixing into the DD Hammock sleeve,

docwells7
03-20-2012, 12:10
Thanks all,
I bought the DD Hammock Sleeve, and it works perfectly. I haven't tried it with the third layer (water proof), but I think it would probably work if a bit tight. It really makes putting it up a breeze. Great product!