PDA

View Full Version : guidance/opinions for ENO dbl nest bug net

fildogg
02-16-2012, 10:47
Greetings All,

Even though it is the middle of February I have been thinking about bug/mosquito nets for my Eno dbl nest.
Most of my hanging, actually all so far has been in my back yard.
I can wonder about 75 feet from the back porch & be in a nice secluded wooded area (12 acres).
The question is what is the preferred way/highly recommended way to use a bug net with my eno?
Should I consider a DIY?

Thanks
Fildoog

Tendertoe
02-16-2012, 10:53
I cannot say enough about the Fronkey-inspired bugnet.

_2rTbWZ8cHE&context=C39b6209ADOEgsToPDskId9ownq3NWnfoTk5I4Kxm9

Easiest thing I have made to date.

patrickbdunlap
02-16-2012, 11:33
I have the ENO bug net for both my wife and I. If I were to buy all over again I think I would go for something else that I could use other then just on the hammock. I would like something that would be useful for, say, eating lunch on the trail that I could throw up. I like to have more then one use for an item and the ENO bug net really is only good for the hammock.

HammockMan
02-16-2012, 12:32
I have the ENO bug net for both my wife and I. If I were to buy all over again I think I would go for something else that I could use other then just on the hammock. I would like something that would be useful for, say, eating lunch on the trail that I could throw up. I like to have more then one use for an item and the ENO bug net really is only good for the hammock.

If weight isn't an issue maybe, but weight is a big deal with this if I remember correctly. I would go the Fronkey bug net too. I'm making mine soon!

mtbikernate
02-16-2012, 13:24
I use a Warbonnet Traveler bugnet on my doublenest.

looks like Fronkey's design uses the bottom cinch instead of a side zipper like the Warbonnet. I like the size zip, personally. Otherwise they look very similar. Fronkey's design, I'm sure is TONS cheaper, though.

fildogg
02-16-2012, 14:23
I cannot say enough about the Fronkey-inspired bugnet.

_2rTbWZ8cHE&context=C39b6209ADOEgsToPDskId9ownq3NWnfoTk5I4Kxm9

Easiest thing I have made to date.

Great Video Tendertoe. Could be my first DIY project

fildogg
02-16-2012, 14:25

Thanks for the input.
Any pics of what you were thinking of to throw up for a bug net?

fildogg
02-16-2012, 14:27
If weight isn't an issue maybe, but weight is a big deal with this if I remember correctly. I would go the Fronkey bug net too. I'm making mine soon!

Thank You for the input.
Just hanging in the woods behind the house. weight is not an issue. But still thinking of going with the Fronkey Bug net.

fildogg
02-16-2012, 14:29
I use a Warbonnet Traveler bugnet on my doublenest.

looks like Fronkey's design uses the bottom cinch instead of a side zipper like the Warbonnet. I like the size zip, personally. Otherwise they look very similar. Fronkey's design, I'm sure is TONS cheaper, though.

Thanks for the reply
I'm a fairly large hanger. the side zipper sounds intriguing.
The price will definitely be a factor.

patrickbdunlap
02-17-2012, 10:49
Thanks for the input.
Any pics of what you were thinking of to throw up for a bug net?

I think the Fronkey's design is about what I was thinking. The idea being that it closes on the bottom so that i you were to stop for lunch and it was buggy (which just drives me so crazy that I either camp during cold months or I don't stop for lunch) and you just pitch a line over a tree limb and hang it over you in about a minute.

I HATE BUGS!!!!

muddog15
02-17-2012, 10:58
The ENO bug net can be set up on the ground if you have something to tye to or even just thrown over you for temporary protection.

fildogg
02-21-2012, 12:20
Muddog15 do you have an ENO bug net or did you see someone use it in that fashion?

DemostiX
02-21-2012, 16:14
Greetings All,

<snip>
Should I consider a DIY?

Thanks
Fildoog

Maybe; the instructions, illustrations, and discussions for DIY designs in the DIY have been interesting. Sewing required? Yes. Zippers? Not necessarily, and with clever design, maybe with almost no loss of ease of use.

muddog15
02-22-2012, 04:00
Muddog15 do you have an ENO bug net or did you see someone use it in that fashion?

I have 2 ENO bug nets, and 3 of there hammocks. There a little on the heavy side I have since found lighter weight bug net but there a general use net not specifically for hammocks. I bought a box shaped net but I haven't used it with my hammock yet, I don't know that I will either I'm not using my hammock anymore for anything but a lazy afternoon.

fildogg
02-25-2012, 06:39
Maybe; the instructions, illustrations, and discussions for DIY designs in the DIY have been interesting. Sewing required? Yes. Zippers? Not necessarily, and with clever design, maybe with almost no loss of ease of use.

DemostiX, I am really considering the DIY route.
There seems to be plenty of ideas for bug nets & the cost of purchasing material is not very expensive.

fildogg
02-25-2012, 06:42
I have 2 ENO bug nets, and 3 of there hammocks. There a little on the heavy side I have since found lighter weight bug net but there a general use net not specifically for hammocks. I bought a box shaped net but I haven't used it with my hammock yet, I don't know that I will either I'm not using my hammock anymore for anything but a lazy afternoon.

Lazy afternoons/ evenings hanging out by the river bug free would be great.
I went to the ENO website & checked out the bug nets. I think I may try a DIY first.
Thanks for the input.