PDA

View Full Version : ENO underbelly gear sling?

patrickbdunlap
02-16-2012, 11:38
Has anyone bought/reviewed the new ENO underbelly gear sling? Was thinking of getting something just like this to fulfill this need and bamb, they have it on their site.

eflat7
02-16-2012, 11:56
I haven't seen any reviews. Not even on youtube. Lot's of people make gear hammocks though, and love them. Molly Mac Gear sells a nice one.

ccathcart72
02-16-2012, 12:15
I made one myself using some paracord and a $5 pack cover from Walmart. The pack cover has cord locks on the top and bottom so I just tie cord to each end of the pack cover and then attach it to the hammock suspension with a tautline hitch. This was very inexpensive and works great. It also packs up very small.

wizardofhaws
02-16-2012, 16:21
Any pics of this conversion of your Walmart pack cover? I saw that Just Jeff has plans for his DIY pack cover/gear sling at http://tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearPackCoverGearHammock.html. If I could do this with some simple mods to the Walmart pack cover that would be great since my Wife's thread injector needs to visit the shop.

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread from the ENO gear sling. Can move this to a new thread if preferred.

lamarieves
04-21-2012, 09:48
I used one on my last outing--hung it inside the bug net instead of under--worked great and was inside where I needed it--stretch it tight and it does not get in the way if you move it toward your feet--

Also easier to work out of when outside as it is up higher--

BigPapi
05-05-2015, 11:47
This product looks cool and will look good with your eno hammock but it is a waste of $30. For less price you could get another hammock to use as a gear sling. I recommend the equipp travel hammock ($25) and a yes4all hammock ($15-$22). If you have money to waste then this is your product.