PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: Dream-Hammock.com

PapaSmurf
02-16-2012, 13:32
Ok, it's finally live with a limited amount of information & photos, but the new site is fully functional (i hope). Please feel free to poke around and let me know what you think.

I will continue to add products, information and photos as soon as I am able.

The goal with this site is to allow both new and experienced hangers to purchase a simple gathered end hammock that is built with the hammock camper in mind. I also wanted to offer the ability to cusomize the hammock (within controlled limits) with things like double layers, ridgelines, whoopie slings.

The longer range goal is to introduce new variations of this hammock and re-introduce the RoamingGnome and DangerBird style hammocks as add-on options to the base Dream Hammock.

Let me know what you think, but be nice. It's still a work in progress.

Thanks
Randy Smith "PapaSmurf"

R00K
02-16-2012, 13:33
On my way there to check it out!

WW8Ball
02-16-2012, 13:36
Site looks great, can't wait to see all the options up and running... Great looking product!

Bubba
02-16-2012, 13:37
Site looks good so far!

raiffnuke
02-16-2012, 13:42
Looks great!

Southpaw
02-16-2012, 13:44
Looks great!

bigbamaguy
02-16-2012, 13:49
Really like th pack instead of the shopping cart. Will keep an eye on this as the site developes.

dukedante
02-16-2012, 13:52
This is great. I love the options to choose different colors for each layer. A 90" wide hammock seems like a party waiting to happen. Congrats on what looks like a successful new venture!

Alan
02-16-2012, 14:01
Great job, Randy! Best of luck to you.

SGT Rock
02-16-2012, 14:02
I just played with it Papa Smurf. Looks good.

Edit...

Quick comment. For the Gram interest impaired you might want to list approx weight.

Corncob
02-16-2012, 14:08
I like how you have it set up to add each of the different options to cart....errr, pack. Nice site!

dallas
02-16-2012, 14:10
I like it.
Would you consider posting weights in the specifications?

PapaSmurf
02-16-2012, 14:20
Would you consider posting weights in the specifications?

For the Gram interest impaired you might want to list approx weight.

Yes. Good call. I'll add weights.

I like how you have it set up to add each of the different options to cart....errr, pack.

I love the options to choose different colors for each layer.
The goal is to allow as much customization possible without making me crazy.

What about the brand new hanger? Too hard to figure out?

Really like th pack instead of the shopping cart.
If you drag an item over to the pack, it opens up!
I'm easily amused. :laugh:

FireInMyBones
02-16-2012, 14:22
At first look, and second I really like the site. Will you be considering offering ultralight options? Maybe Denyma whoopies and the like? Will custom lengths be available?

Best of luck on the venture. I know you will succeed.

Fronkey
02-16-2012, 14:36
The "build a hammock" is pretty cool. I really like the pack(Shopping cart) too. Good luck dude and awesome job.

Fronkey

sr1355
02-16-2012, 14:51
Nice Job Randy, great looking site and gear.... The 12'X72" hammock looks huge....:)

TFC Rick
02-16-2012, 14:55
I would make sure the brand new person knows you have to drag both layers to get a double layer hammock. I think it's relatively self-explanetory, but I was half surfing your site and half "working" so I almost missed it.

Awesome site though!

SilvrSurfr
02-16-2012, 15:04
Looks really nice. For noobs - it might be worthwhile to explain what one gains from an inside layer, or what one gains when going from 60" to 90" wide, in terms of lay, ability to insert pad, or the ability to invite a friend or a small wildebeest to join you in your hammock. Maybe a separate page with just a Hammocks 101 explanation.

You could give the customer the option to personalize the name of the hammock (especially the Dream 90 DL) by embroidering the name of their favorite "large-boned" celebrity on it, kind of like naming a boat:

Marlon Brando
Oprah Winfrey
Orson Welles
Rosie O'Donnell
Dom DeLuise
John Goodman
Kirstie Alley
William Howard Taft
Roseanne Barr
John Candy

I think The Marlon Brando Dream 90 DL Hammock would be a hot seller, but you wouldn't get a lot of requests for The Rosie O'Donnell Dream 90 DL Hammock!

All joking aside, looks like a great site! My first thought when I heard about the 90" wide hammock was "We're gonna need a bigger bugnet!"

SilvrSurfr
02-16-2012, 15:09
I am intrigued by the 90" wide hammock but I was wondering: do you think using the standard size underquilts that our cottage vendors provide would be a problem?

Cali
02-16-2012, 15:22
Great job PapaSmurf, the site looks great, and it is tempting me for that DangerBird. I will wait a bit longer, and hopefully sell some more of my hammocks so I can get one. LOL...

russmay
02-16-2012, 15:28
Can't wit to see some pictures of these new colors and widths of theses hammock in the field. I'd like to see some wights and weight limits.

Corncob
02-16-2012, 15:35
I too think that a further explanation of the double layer might be required. Either being able to pick both layers on the same page when choosing the inner layer, or stating that the main layer is required with the inner layer would be good.

PapaSmurf
02-16-2012, 15:41
Thanks for the insights. I started adding some text to maybe help explain the steps along the way. I like the idea of a "buyer's guide" kinda thing for new hangers. Appreciate the fresh eyes.

"Just me & Smurfette, swinging in my Rosie O'Donnell" - Naw, that ain't right?

HappyCamper
02-16-2012, 15:46
Congrats on new site. I know you are going to make a lot of people very happy and comfy!

Downhill Trucker
02-16-2012, 15:46
I've been wanting to order a dangerbird for a while, and even emailed you a few weeks ago about one. The wait time isn't an issue, as I have several hammocks and just want the DB for my trip to Glacier this summer.

Are you opening orders for the Dangerbird anytime soon?

tbctx
02-16-2012, 15:47
Since I'm out camping where my net is my phone, I can say the way it was loading was extremely annoying and hard to navigate, may be my phone though, so need more mobile data. Does look nice though.

Edit: forgot to mention the inner later page is missing it's fabric type.

Redoleary
02-16-2012, 15:54
Great site, cool stuff. Congratulations, thats quite the service you're offering, well done.

PapaSmurf
02-16-2012, 15:57
Since I'm out camping where my net is my phone, I can say the way it was loading was extremely annoying and hard to navigate, may be my phone though, so need more mobile data. Does look nice though.

Edit: forgot to mention the inner later page is missing it's fabric type.

Link to mobile version added under "shop".
Fabric added to inside layers.

Thanks

flatline
02-16-2012, 15:58
really cool !
90 wide sounds "far out"! i like it!

Corncob
02-16-2012, 16:01
Not sure how it's all configured, but dragging and dropping to the pack doesn't work very well with the hammock layers b/c it autoselects black. I'm not sure if you can disallow that for certain products though. Not a huge deal, but I figured if you were asking for feedback I'd get nit-picky :) :)

edit: all that said, superb looking site and great looking hammock!

SinisterMinister
02-16-2012, 16:06
Really like the site, PapaSmurf...I giggled when I noticed the pack opened as I dragged a hammock to it. Great concept. Now to save my pennies.

J.Andersons
02-16-2012, 16:11
Seems nice start in hammock business, and i'm positively surprised that if I look in pack, I see shipping rate to Latvia automatically:cool:no more need to calculate manually and enter country.
Also pictures are more than 1000 words.

mangus7175
02-16-2012, 16:16
I like the simple layout and it's easy to navigate. Congratulations on the launch!

Had this toy on my desk and seemed fitting :D
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h223/mangus7175/IMG_20111005_110614.jpg

PapaSmurf
02-16-2012, 16:18
Not sure how it's all configured, but dragging and dropping to the pack doesn't work very well with the hammock layers b/c it autoselects black. I'm not sure if you can disallow that for certain products though. Not a huge deal, but I figured if you were asking for feedback I'd get nit-picky :) :)

No problem. Dragging configurable items into the pack automatiacally selects the default options. You can always open the pack and tweak each item. I chose Black as a default, because I'd hate to build anyone but DivaB a Fushia hammock by mistake.

Corncob
02-16-2012, 17:37
No problem. Dragging configurable items into the pack automatiacally selects the default options. You can always open the pack and tweak each item. I chose Black as a default, because I'd hate to build anyone but DivaB a Fushia hammock by mistake.

Ah, I didn't look in my pack and try to configure from there! Makes complete sense then, and a nice feature at that.

Captain Smiley
02-16-2012, 18:02
I just built myself a 90 wide black/silver model with wkoopies and straps in like 5 seconds. Didn't order it, I'm waiting to see what other options show up. Where I live, I need no see um netting for 2/3 of the year, will that be an option in the future? PapaSmurf, you rock! I can honestly say, I will without a doubt be making numerous purchases in the future.

mbnow
02-16-2012, 19:24
Brilliant concept. A fully customizable hammock. Even the color !!

Obviously there will be tweaks, as mentioned earlier, weights are important.
Maybe not just weights of fabric, but a running tally of the hammock weight as you build it with each add-on would be good.

Also maybe explaining what each size (60 vs 90) in relation to a persons size and comfort.

Keep up the good work!

Sorry, Brilliant concept? i should have said brilliant. Period.

Hawk-eye
02-16-2012, 19:32
CONGRATULATIONS PS!!!! Much success in your launch. Like the site too!

Triggerhpy
02-16-2012, 20:09
Happy Birthday to me....:thumbup:

SilvrSurfr
02-16-2012, 20:51
Still playing around with the site, trying different configs.

So let's say I buy a Dream 60" double layer, and I don't want to buy a suspension, tree straps or ridgeline. Would I expect to get a hammock with Amsteel 7/64" chain links through the channels, to which I could hook my own suspension, ridgeline, etc.?

It's not readily apparent to me, but maybe I'm thick.

I'm also noob enough not to know what an Amsteel chain link is - is that a continuous loop?

jnelson871
02-16-2012, 20:52
Great website PapaSmurf. Like everyone lese said really easy to use.

PapaSmurf
02-16-2012, 20:52
Still playing around with the site, trying different configs.

So let's say I buy a Dream 60" double layer, and I don't want to buy a suspension, tree straps or ridgeline. Would I expect to get a hammock with Amsteel 7/64" chain links through the channels, to which I could hook my own suspension, ridgeline, etc.?

It's not readily apparent to me, but maybe I'm thick.

Yes, that's correct and I need to spell that out clearer.

tbctx
02-16-2012, 21:09
The menu needs to be static mobile wise, as is you have to go back through everything to the start. Do for example if I add a 60"body to add a suspension I have to back out of the bag, out of 60" and then out of the bodies, if you click continue shopping it goes to the bodies page and takes an extra back button.

The color part so people can see them and maybe labels on them to would be good. Some of us can't tell what the difference in say apple green and sage green are.

O sorry if I sound criticy, figured it's easiest to try and fix/improve stuff early.

I also couldn't use the mobile option until the main shop loaded but I think that is my phone not you.

MAD777
02-16-2012, 21:18
Excellent layout of the site! Pleasing to the eye, uncluttered and simple to navigate. :thumbup1:

Tacky Hiker
02-16-2012, 21:36
Im going to order a 90 soon. Can't wait to try it out.

RedBeardHanger
02-16-2012, 21:58
Love your site! Especially the drag and drop! Way to go! ! ! I will soon be ordering!

Tacky Hiker
02-16-2012, 22:03
So has anyone ordered anything yet?

SilvrSurfr
02-16-2012, 22:29
I am intrigued by the 90" wide hammock but I was wondering: do you think using the standard size underquilts that our cottage vendors provide would be a problem?

I think you might have missed this question in all the positive feedback, PapaSmurf. Do you anticipate any problems using standard underquilts with the 90" wide hammock?

MedicineMan
02-16-2012, 22:29
Sweet site!
The ability to dial in exactly what you want will appeal to many.
Did I read one will be able to have their name/trail name on the hammock?
I would def. put it on the overcover and when we have the Dangerbird group hang
it will be easy to know which one is yours in case you end up choosing a color scheme someone else has chosen.
Keep up the great work PS!

mattyg
02-17-2012, 01:43
looks good

PapaSmurf
02-17-2012, 09:32
I think you might have missed this question in all the positive feedback, PapaSmurf. Do you anticipate any problems using standard underquilts with the 90" wide hammock?

It's on my list to tinker with this weekend.
It might require extending the quilt suspension and adding quilt hooks to keep the UQ at the right angle. If that's the case, I'll add Dutch Quilt Hooks as an option.

DivaB
02-17-2012, 09:37
I love your site, I love the features your adding in, I love the customizing, I just think it is all wonderful. After I get our under quilt situation settled so that we can hang warmer, this is something I will be saving for big time....may not happen till next Christmas, but it is on my definite wish list. You are doing a great job and I look forward to seeing the other things you'll be adding to the site.

Plom
02-17-2012, 09:50
Nice hammocks but tax and duty makes that price too high if ordering to Europe.

PapaSmurf
02-17-2012, 10:14
Nice hammocks but tax and duty makes that price too high if ordering to Europe.

Perhaps there's a better solution nearer your home?

Stormstaff
02-17-2012, 10:21
I have to check out the site yet but I wanted to make sure I remembered to tell you that I wish you all the best in you business ventures PS.

Take care!

Corncob
02-17-2012, 14:33
I think it would be helpful to add suggested load limits or ranges to the single/double layer so folks that aren't well-versed in fabric weights and load limits would be able to pick between single and double. From your initial teaser post it seems like maybe a single layer would hold 500 lbs and the fabric is about 2.5oz, but I'm not 100% sure if that was in reference to a single or double layer version.

PapaSmurf
02-17-2012, 15:39
I think it would be helpful to add suggested load limits or ranges to the single/double layer so folks that aren't well-versed in fabric weights and load limits would be able to pick between single and double. From your initial teaser post it seems like maybe a single layer would hold 500 lbs and the fabric is about 2.5oz, but I'm not 100% sure if that was in reference to a single or double layer version.

That was a single layer. I decided that I was gonna test one to failure so I strung it up in the workshop and started loading it with 40lb bags of wood pellets. I started shooting pictures after 280lbs. I was looking for some sign of stretch or fatigue after each 40lb bag, but I didn't see the hammock getting lower. I should've stopped and measured the height each time, I guess. I got to 520lbs and was really worried about my floor joists, so I stopped and unloaded it. I inspected the hammock afterward and found no effects at all. The 3 rows of Guttermann Ultra in the channel had no popped stitches and there were no signs of stress in the hammock fabric. Hammock layed nice afterward and this is the same hammock PIF'd to one of our new hangers BubbaSmubba.

Would I recommend a single layer to a 520lb guy? No way!
Would I recommend it for anyone under 300lbs? Yea, probably.
What would be the safe rating for a double layer of this fabric? I couldn't even guess.
Since this fabric is a 100% Polyester Crinkle Taffeta, it doesn't begin to stretch and lose support (and comfort) the way a nylon fabric does.

I guess the best test would be for me to get it outside on some strong trees and load it til it fails. Guess I need to go buy another ton of wood pellets and do the test before warm weather.

I agree that I should try to offer some guidance for weight ratings. Just not sure how to properly determine these.

Corncob
02-17-2012, 16:32
Thanks for the info, and that's a pretty awesome load test :)

JalapeñoBen
02-17-2012, 16:34
I like the layout of the site, really easy to explore.

The idea of custom building a hammock is awesome, from colors to suspension to adding double layers of different colors, really cool.

Of course I like the "pack" instead of a shopping cart!

Overall really good design, simple, clean, straight forward.

My feedback was going to be listing approx weights of items, but I think you already got that feedback.

Another piece of feedback (and maybe this is for the future) is material options. (ripstop, etc)

Maybe explicit "showing off" of payment options? I always love seeing that little PayPal icon somewhere.

Good luck!

Southpaw
02-18-2012, 14:37
Hey Papa, I don't know if I missed it, but I didn't see the weight limits on the fabric. If I were to order one, I'm not sure if I would need to get a single or double layer.

PapaSmurf
02-18-2012, 15:04
Hey Papa, I don't know if I missed it, but I didn't see the weight limits on the fabric. If I were to order one, I'm not sure if I would need to get a single or double layer.

Specific weight limits have not been established yet, but please see this post (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=661590&postcount=57) for infomation on initial testing.

Boomer
02-18-2012, 15:37
I guess the best test would be for me to get it outside on some strong trees and load it til it fails. Guess I need to go buy another ton of wood pellets and do the test before warm weather.

Wow, now that's some thought provoking testing. Congratulations on the site, Randy. I didn't even know you'd gone this route. I thought that you were still at myDIYGear.

Maybe you could talk with the HF Moderators and have your own thread page started for people to compare notes? :D

mbcruzin
02-18-2012, 21:29
Cool the pack opens when you drag and drop. Sorry easily amused.

DivaB
02-18-2012, 23:37

I am perfectly happy with such a "mistake" :laugh: Feel free to send me any of those accidentals ;)

woodhunter
02-19-2012, 00:34
Gonna have to check this out. My two boys need hammocks to.

Meriadoc
02-21-2012, 19:21
PapaSmurf, you are prescient. First you developed the DangerBird which I tried to get (and still want :boggle:). Now the Crinkle 60: it's what I was looking for in size and material and is offered in colors to boot. I was only planning on getting one more hammock, but now I think I need two!

Very nice site. It's easy to navigate and pleasant to use. I like the pack system for the cart.

I am definitely going to contact you.

Good luck with your new venture!

old4hats
02-21-2012, 19:38
When I saw the photos of that first Dangerbird, my first impression was "this IS the man", and what I have seen of your work since then has only impressed me more. When I finally have the opportunity to order a custom hammock, no question who I will ask to make it. Best wishes with the new direction and may the road always be smooth. Happy hanging.

PapaSmurf
02-21-2012, 20:11
PapaSmurf, you are prescient.
I had to look that word up. Thought maybe you were being mean to me. :lol:

Thanks to everybody for the nice thoughts.

bigfoot2
02-21-2012, 20:40
One word.....CAMO:D We need it bad.

BF:cool:

djminnesota
02-21-2012, 22:31
lookin good :)

Corncob
02-21-2012, 23:47
I like the updated interface for building the double layer, and the initial choice between the 60" and the 90".

What is on the right of the Whoopie Hook Suspension picture? Are those two tree hugger extensions with loops in the end?
http://www.dream-hammock.com/#ecwid:category=2254172&mode=product&product=9526942

PapaSmurf
02-22-2012, 08:54
I like the updated interface for building the double layer, and the initial choice between the 60" and the 90".

What is on the right of the Whoopie Hook Suspension picture? Are those two tree hugger extensions with loops in the end?
http://www.dream-hammock.com/#ecwid:category=2254172&mode=product&product=9526942

I renamed the Dream 60 & 90 to Crinkle 60 & 90 and changed the way the 2nd layer works because down the road I may offer this same hammock in different fabrics. Don't want to paint myself into a corner with the names.

Those are the stock loops that Dutch provides in the Whoopie Hook suspension kit. They are not included on the Dream Hammock upgrade as the hammock is already equipped with 7/64" Chain Links. I guess I need to shoot my own photo without those in the kit. Here's a photo of the ones actually provided on the hammock.

RedBeardHanger
02-22-2012, 09:45
I am still very much looking forward to buying a DangerBird. I see them on “Projects” page but not in the “Shop”. Are you still making/selling them?

PapaSmurf
02-22-2012, 16:14
I am still very much looking forward to buying a DangerBird. I see them on “Projects” page but not in the “Shop”. Are you still making/selling them?

It'll happen, but in a deliberate controlled way.

The goal is to add all the individual components that make up the DangerBird & RoamingGnome (net, net/cover combo, zipper hoods, peak bags, ridgeline organizer, etc)

This will essentially allow one to start with a base Dream Hammock and build their own DangerBird or RoamingGnome without the 20-25 emails that are required now.

The tradeoff will be the limiting of fabrics & sizes available.

Corncob
02-22-2012, 16:20
Those are the stock loops that Dutch provides in the Whoopie Hook suspension kit. They are not included on the Dream Hammock upgrade as the hammock is already equipped with 7/64" Chain Links. I guess I need to shoot my own photo without those in the kit. Here's a photo of the ones actually provided on the hammock.

Are the chain links required/needed for a Whoopie Hook suspension? Does the fixed end of the whoopie not larkshead directly onto the whipped end of the hammock? Maybe I'm missing something. And this is probably not the appropriate place for that question :scared:

PapaSmurf
02-22-2012, 16:27
Are the chain links required/needed for a Whoopie Hook suspension? Does the fixed end of the whoopie not larkshead directly onto the whipped end of the hammock? Maybe I'm missing something. And this is probably not the appropriate place for that question :scared:

Yes, the whoopie slings are installed backwards from what we're used to and the whoopie hooks does indeed hook onto the chain link.

See this illustration that Dutch has on his site.
http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/whoopie-hooks.pdf

When purchasing a regular set of whoopie slings with the Dream Hammock, they are installed on the hammock instead of the chain links by threading the fixed end through the channel.

CrankyOldGuy
02-22-2012, 18:32
The site raises more questions to me than it gives answers. Not bad questions, just, "I'd like to know more so I can dream how to spend money with you" questions. The Dangerbird looks really interesting, but how much does it weigh and how does the bug net close and is it detachable and is a second layer available and can the overcover be used as an undercover to protect my underquilt kind of questions.

Anyway, your site is on my "favorites" list and I'll check back much more often than you'll be adding updates. ;)

Corncob
02-22-2012, 18:39
Thanks for the explanation on the Whoopie Hook suspension. That makes complete sense and I'm not quite sure how I hadn't noticed that before when looking at that setup :)

kreecher
02-28-2012, 17:30
papasmurf, I was wondering if perhaps you could make a dangerbird notify list? Everyone that wants to order one, can put themselves on that list (google docs has some very easy and cool ways to do something like this). So that when the hammock becomes available in the deliberate and controlled way, you have a nice list of potential customers that will be very happy receiving an email telling them about the good news. :)

I know that I'd immediately sign up to such a list and have already put funding aside to get one. I do hope you can offer a not-too-expensive delivery option to Europe though. :)

Anyway, I've been looking at a LOT of hammocks, never really deciding on one because there was always something I didn't like and they didn't seem to add "enough" to the ones I already have to warranty a buy. The dangerbird is exactly what I've been looking for. I've read all the compliments you've received on this design already in other posts/threads and I agree wholeheartedly with each and everyone of them. This thing looks genius. The only way to find out if it really is genius for me, is to try one, which I hope I'll be able to do at some point. ;)

Edit: Forgot to add my questions. :)
1. I've seen some pretty color modifications on the dangerbird. I was wondering if something like this would be possible too: bordeaux red colored hammock and a bright green overcover, but the triangles where you stuff the overcover and bugnet are in the color of the overcover so that there's always two different colors showing, even if the overcover is not deployed. :) The other way around is cool too. :) I do like pretty colors. :)
2. Is there also a possibility to make the hammock a little wider ?
3. And as many people, I wish I'd found this hammock sooner so I could've ordered one when you were still taking orders. Ah well... the slight disadvantage of having this abundance of information at ones fingertips called "hammockforums". Sometimes it just takes a while and a whole lot of reading to find a true gem. :)

Plom
02-29-2012, 10:46
Perhaps there's a better solution nearer your home?

maybe, but I ordered hammock with mozi net from Thailand, 35 € incl.posting.

PapaSmurf
02-29-2012, 11:40
papasmurf, I was wondering if perhaps you could make a dangerbird notify list? Everyone that wants to order one, can put themselves on that list (google docs has some very easy and cool ways to do something like this). So that when the hammock becomes available in the deliberate and controlled way, you have a nice list of potential customers that will be very happy receiving an email telling them about the good news. :)

The biggest problem is the slow "one at a time" way these are spec'd and built.
Exchanging 20-30 emails to get a DangerBird figured out and then spending several days on each build is fine if one is only doing 1 or 2 at a time. When dozens of orders arrive within a few days, it's darn near impossible to figure out what's going on.

That's the reason I'm working on a better ordering system. I want to offer a "semi-custom" DangerBird from a set of specific choices. Then, I want to add the ability for the user to request certain options that aren't on the list. I'm hoping this will work better than configuring each one from the ground up.

Colors - Yes, I want to offer every choice in every color, so a person can choose.
Burgundy Body, Evergreen overcover, Black zipper hoods, etc.

Width - Maybe, maybe not. The net, overcover and hammock body must all be in-sync together. Otherwise, the thing won't zip up correctly.
Example - you want a flat laying, extra wide hammock that measures 10ft x 72" with a 104" ridgeline? You've only got 114" of zipper length on the hammock to fit a net and overcover that's almost 100" long. The net and cover will be very narrow and rob you of almost all that extra width we built in. Does that make sense?

R00K
02-29-2012, 14:50
When dozens of orders arrive within a few days, it's darn near impossible to figure out what's going on.

That's the reason I'm working on a better ordering system. I want to offer a "semi-custom" DangerBird from a set of specific choices. Then, I want to add the ability for the user to request certain options that aren't on the list. I'm hoping this will work better than configuring each one from the ground up.

I'm on the growing list of folks looking forward to this. Glad to hear it's being thought about.

kreecher
02-29-2012, 16:59
Burgundy and evergreen sounds very good. I'd want the zipperhood to be in evergreen too then though, so that even with a not-deployed overcover, I still have the pretty color combo. :)

And yeah, the explanation of the "maybe not a wider one" makes perfect sense. I only asked because I'm used to the width of my Eno DN. But then again, the whole reason I've been looking for a different gathered end is because I seem to be one of the few people that can't get an adequate level of comfort in an Eno DN to get a good nights sleep. Since I've already decided to go with the dangerbird, I might as well show some trust in the hammock and try it the way you've designed it in the first place. :)

When it's my time to order, I'll be more than happy to pick from the options available. I fully understand wanting to streamline the ordering process. Don't get me wrong, customer service and creat communication is a good thing, but that many mails for a single hammock is enough to drive anybody crazy. :D

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on your website and hope I'll be one of the first ordering from the new and improved ordering system. I know that "good things come to those who wait", but I'm impatient in nature, guess it's a good lesson in patience then. :)