PDA

View Full Version : clark jungle hammock video

cavediver2
06-14-2008, 14:39
Okay Dont beat me up to bad about this video I have had allot of people PM me about makeing a video so I did. It is a poor video that I did today I didn't have a lot of time to put into it or edit it so this was pretty much off the cuff as you will see when and if you watch it there are two parts because YouTube will only allow 10min so it's in 2 parts.

For those who watch it do not hammer me to hard.
maybe when I have more time to use my other machine and edit deck I will put something togeater.

part 1
JD2pPSXdHTg

Part2
qOJDPTc5gXs

headchange4u
08-25-2008, 11:09
I edited the thread to embed the videos.

y8jn0UsTFMY

ucIjJeMex5c

TuO6CYxb9q4

s4398dPTy7w

cavediver2
08-25-2008, 11:29
wow thanks for that I had read the stuff about that but was not sure I knew how too do it and on top of that I didn't think it needed to be put on there but if you think it did I am glad you think so thanks for the help.

HC4U you do fine work

thanks for the help with the forum

canalvoyageur
09-15-2008, 05:23
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to demonstrate, I found it most informative and useful, Happy Hammocking Bill

slowhike
09-15-2008, 05:26
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to demonstrate, I found it most informative and useful, Happy Hammocking Bill

Welcome to HF. Yes, cavediver did a great job. I hope we'll have more instructional videos for other hammocks & gear soon.

BumpJumper
10-17-2008, 19:38
I have a dumb question. How do you hang a hammock up high enough if you are only 5'2?:scared:

slowhike
10-17-2008, 22:52
I have a dumb question. How do you hang a hammock up high enough if you are only 5'2?:scared:

You may just have to hang it a little tighter (less sag). What kind of hammock will you be using?
And welcome to HF... or welcome to posting. I see you've been here a while<G>.

Just Jeff
10-18-2008, 07:13
Or just pick trees that are closer together when possible. That'll reduce the amount your hammock drops when you get in.

warbonnetguy
10-18-2008, 08:56
yes, the closer the trees, the lower you can attach your straps and vice versa.

warbonnetguy
10-18-2008, 09:10
good job with the video, i have not seen a clark in action, it was interesting to watch.

BumpJumper
10-19-2008, 16:41
Thanks yall. Sounds logical doesnt it?
I dont own one yet. I have been using my friends Hennessey. I like it but watching this video almost makes me want to buy one instead.
I slowly check out different tricks to learn what and what not to "waste" my money on:lol:

cavediver2
10-27-2008, 23:35
That is good doing you homework and research before you buy. I have bought things before and wish I had done my homework before I bought it.

To answer you question I think that if you can tie it just above shoulder height you should be on a good start you may have to lower it down a bit but you will find that spot were you like it. And as others have said you might just tie it a bit tighter.

Welcome to HF good people in here and allot of good advice.

Thanks yall. Sounds logical doesnt it?
I dont own one yet. I have been using my friends Hennessey. I like it but watching this video almost makes me want to buy one instead.
I slowly check out different tricks to learn what and what not to "waste" my money on:lol:

fjl307
11-17-2008, 01:42
Are you wearing a dive watch cave diver?

cavediver2
11-17-2008, 10:37
Are you wearing a dive watch cave diver?

yes it is a dive watch a citizen aqualand

bernc3
04-16-2009, 20:50
Hey my Clark NA just arrived at the beginning this week and thanks to the videos posted here I was able to hang it a few times today to get the hang of it. I just wanted to post to say thanks cavediver for putting this video together. It really helps fill in the gaps where Clark's vague manuals don't go too in depth.

My favorite excerpt from the Clark manual w/ no picture included:
Do not tie the hammock so taut that it stretches between the teres. Do not tie the hammock so loosely that it sags.

Gotta love it haha. Thanks again cavediver.

cavediver2
04-16-2009, 23:06
Hey my Clark NA just arrived at the beginning this week and thanks to the videos posted here I was able to hang it a few times today to get the hang of it. I just wanted to post to say thanks cavediver for putting this video together. It really helps fill in the gaps where Clark's vague manuals don't go too in depth.

My favorite excerpt from the Clark manual w/ no picture included:

Gotta love it haha. Thanks again cavediver.

Thanks for the kind words
Your very welcome I am glad it helped I hope you have continued
long and peace full hangs

Regards

Glen
05-20-2009, 20:04
Cavediver,

I purchased the poles and set up my Clark NA the way shown in the video. It was simple and worked great. I was curious though, there are tent poles with ends available on that site that are much lighter than the .625 size. Did you pick the larger diameter for structural reasons?

Thanks.

Glen (forum newbie)

cavediver2
05-20-2009, 20:29
Cavediver,

I purchased the poles and set up my Clark NA the way shown in the video. It was simple and worked great. I was curious though, there are tent poles with ends available on that site that are much lighter than the .625 size. Did you pick the larger diameter for structural reasons?

Thanks.

Glen (forum newbie)

Well Glen let me first welcome you to Hammock Forum then I must have to ask you about the tent poles? I don't use tent poles for my hammock I use hiking poles if you are talking about how I make the tarp stand up and out. If not I must be real confused at this point so if you would please help me understand you question a bit more then I will try to answer accordingly.

again welcome to the group.

Glen
05-21-2009, 15:14
Cavediver,

Sorry for the confusion. There were several videos posted, and one was of setting up the Clark XL rain fly to stay spread using aluminum tent poles. I guess it was from a different user.

Thanks.

Glen

Lulu
07-23-2009, 07:43
Great videos Cavediver! Just got my new Clark North American, would have spent days trying to tinker my hammock to perfection without your videos.

Are you familiar with setting up the NA on the ground? I'd love to see an instructional video for this as well if you'd be interested in making one.

-Lulu

Kankujoe
08-01-2009, 00:11
Cavediver,

Thanks for recording & posting your two Clark setup videos!!! They have been very helpful answering some of my questions and showing me some features of the Clark rigs. I'm still learning and deciding which system to go with but I'm 98% sold on ordering the North American w/ an XL tarp...

I was real close to ordering a Clark NA w/ the RX200 tarp but after watching your videos I've decided that the XL is large enough for the standard NA hammock...

Thanks also for pointing out the tabs, pockets & velcro points... and for showing the rope (I thought it was much thicker), I'm happy that it is not as bulky as I thought it would be. I'm also glad that I can install an inside ridgeline to hang a few things inside...

Clark should put you on the payroll...

JJMurphy
08-14-2009, 19:53
This video was really instructive. Thanks for making the set-up so clear.

sir_n0thing
08-16-2009, 20:17
Good info in this post! Those vids are very helpful.

Here's a video I found of "how to stuff" the Clark into it's pocket/stuff sack.

Ph50ib9JSds

pellet gun
06-20-2011, 16:46
is a canvass hammock a bit to hot?? I also wondered if it sleeps like a bridge hammock??

Manchego
06-07-2012, 15:07
Good info in this post! Those vids are very helpful.

Here's a video I found of "how to stuff" the Clark into it's pocket/stuff sack.

Ph50ib9JSds

Says removed by poster ?

Dudorino
01-03-2016, 18:33
Here's my video on the Clark TX-250. I love this kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNbsAFcBfUE

outdoorsguy
01-05-2016, 22:13
Here's my video on the Clark TX-250. I love this kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNbsAFcBfUE

Informative and funny video, thanks.