PDA

View Full Version : guardian bug net with a snipe

ernesthemmingway
02-21-2012, 22:05
question: Would an ENO guardian bug net be compatible with a snipe hammock. The guardian is only 10'6" long, but I wonder if the snipe at 11 ' would shorten up enough when hanging to be compatible. If anyone has some insight on this, it would be appreciated.

Acer
02-22-2012, 07:45
I wouldn't see why not. Figure length of your overall hammock hanging, then the length of the bug net,,and it either fits or doesn't..most bug nets will stretch alittle, however,,with the stretch,,you cause the holes in it to open a bit and that might let the itty bitty critters in. Then again, spray the bug net with bug spray and you have 2 ways to keep em away from ya.

ernesthemmingway
02-22-2012, 13:01
I dont own a snipe yet, so I wasnt sure what the overall hanging length would be. I guess thats the question I should have asked. I'm looking to get a new hammock, somehting bigger and more comfortable than my ENO singlenest, and the WL snipe caught my eye.

Cannibal
02-22-2012, 13:04
That 11' is just fabric length, not a functional measurement. It should fit, no problem since you only need a whopping 4" of sag. :cool:

ernesthemmingway
02-22-2012, 13:38
Thats what I'd hoped and figured, thank you cannibal for the confirmation. I think I might have to go with the snipe then for my new hammock..

Happycamaper
02-24-2012, 06:05
I would go with the one WL has. Lighter and better quality. I have both.