PDA

View Full Version : The Mountains are calling!

AaronAlso
02-24-2012, 10:10
I suspect this will get moved to an off-topic, donating members only forum that I won't have access to. I have, however, tried to place it in the most appropriate public forum.

This morning I had a bit of an eruption of creativity. I just wanted to share it with my forum brothers & sisters.

The Mountains are calling!
If I left today with no intention to ever come home; would you still support me while you were alone?
Would you be there to rescue me in a time of need?
"This is where you belong!" the mountains they pleed.
I'm not sure how long I can resist their allure. They beckon for me to take on a grander tour.
This uncertain world of steel, rubber, and glass; only drives me closer to those mountain foot paths.
I need the assurance of someone else, that I'm not just doing this all by myself.
I must know that you will be there for me, when I am tired, hanging from a tree.
When I have walked all day until night, I need your guidance to keep up the fight.
Alone I will struggle and most certainly fail, but with all of your love I can surely prevail.
I am asking alot of you, I know, but if you do love me please let me go.
The mountains will not stop until I've given in, to continue resisting is clearly a sin.
None of God's children were ever meant, to live in this world with fear & regret.
To roam wild and free is the grand design, we all come to see this given some time.
So don't squander your life with worry & doubt, just pack up your bags and head on out...
The Mountains are calling!

Enjoy Life!
-A.A.

P.S. - I know it's not perfect and this is certainly a rough draft.

Home Run
02-24-2012, 10:22
AA, I love that. Thanks for sharing with us.

Home Run

Loneoak
02-24-2012, 10:46
Fantastic, thanks for sharing

medicmikep
02-26-2012, 00:19
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing

Shotgunred
02-26-2012, 00:37
Thats groovy man, I can dig it:cool:

bluejeans
02-26-2012, 10:13
Very well done and quite fitting for this site.