PDA

View Full Version : question about tri loops

ernesthemmingway
02-24-2012, 18:16
What are the "tri-loops" offered as an option when buying a tarp on the wilderness logics website?

2Tall
02-24-2012, 18:27
Might be something like this. Grosgrain is looped through this tie out on the flat side and sewn to the tarp. Leaving a point to attach your guy line to. Similar to.Warbonnet as well. Forgive me if Im way off base.

ernesthemmingway
02-25-2012, 09:15
that makes sense, thanks

DemostiX
02-27-2012, 02:46
Confused about this option. WL sells them for just $.25 each, which is both cheap and also not indicative of quality. But, the up- charge for 6 of them sewn into the loops is $15, so I wonder if the hardware included in the option is more substantial. Detail pics, anyone?

What is the standard hardware at the ridgeline for WL tarps? Webbing or gros-grain loops?

Also, there's no chance that these are "tri" the way the webbing straps on Warbonnet hammocks are tri, is there, with a pair of them rigged to cinch the lines?

ernesthemmingway
02-27-2012, 18:20
ok now I have even more questions about these tri-loops. Demostix, you raise some interesting points. Are there any WL experts out there that can help us out?

Backtrack
02-28-2012, 12:50
Not sure about the tri loops. I have a OMW with gros-grain loops and RL ties. Being in the plastic business, I perfer not using plastic because it will fail quicker than the alternative.

Demostix does raise a good question about the add on option....I would give Marty a call to get the best answer...

WildernessLogics
02-28-2012, 15:12
Ok , the tri-loops are a pyramid shape pcs of nylon plastic that we can sew in with our web loops for tie outs on the ridge line, side panel, and regular tie outs . Example the oldman winter has 16 tie points we can put the tri-loops at all 16 points . And the options come with the tir-loops..
they are some pics on the diy page of the tri-loops .. and the pic that 2tallwv has is right..
Hope this helped

marty@ wilderness logics

Alanvalentinus
03-24-2012, 22:21
why are the triloops better? besides being very pretty?