PDA

View Full Version : SB 1.9 DL near NYC?

JollyGreen
03-01-2012, 14:11
In NJ/NYC area working for a while and would love to see a SB 1.9DL set up and check it out. I'm ready to purchase one of these bad boys and this would no doubt finalize the deal.

JollyGreen
03-01-2012, 21:33
No one? Ok, if I buy it is there someone who could do a meet? Basically to help me set it up once?

lilricky
03-02-2012, 02:04
I don't know if you know this or not, but we have a sub-forum for Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44&order=desc&page=2) and just perusing the first 2 pages, I found 2 NY hangs in the planning stages. Take a look and find one nearby.

JollyGreen
03-03-2012, 20:53
Ordered it, should be here next week. No takers on setup help?

JollyGreen
03-10-2012, 18:57
oh well, looks like the wrong place for help

lilricky
03-10-2012, 22:47
You didn't contact any of the people who are going to be at the hangs in your area? I'm sure if you ask them, someone can help, but it will require a bit of effort to private message them.

TFC Rick
03-11-2012, 08:06
Syb lives in NJ and Water Monkey lives on LI. They may not have realized you were looking for help by the thread title. Drop them a PM and you might get the help you are looking for. Both of them are class A guys.

Raul Perez
03-11-2012, 09:00
I saw this thread a while ago but I don't own what the op was looking for. However if he/she wants to join us on bear mtn on the 24th bring it

Festus Hagen
03-11-2012, 09:18
I've been to a fair number of hangs and TBH I don't think I've ever seen one of these in person. Looks like a nice rig tho.

Per the writeup here (http://stores.tttrailgear.com/-strse-1/switchback-hammock-hiking-gear/Detail.bok) they do not include suspension, what suspension type did you order (or did you order one?)

What about a tarp?

I'm in the Albany area, if you're ever passing thru I might be able to be of assistance but I'm far from a 'guru"...

KayakCarl
03-11-2012, 09:35
I have a SB light hiker. I'm working in Prospect PK. Brooklyn this up coming week. 7am-2:30pm.

JollyGreen
03-11-2012, 09:56
I've been to a fair number of hangs and TBH I don't think I've ever seen one of these in person. Looks like a nice rig tho.

Per the writeup here (http://stores.tttrailgear.com/-strse-1/switchback-hammock-hiking-gear/Detail.bok) they do not include suspension, what suspension type did you order (or did you order one?)

What about a tarp?

I'm in the Albany area, if you're ever passing thru I might be able to be of assistance but I'm far from a 'guru"...

I received the ring buckle suspension and 12' polyester straps, and also ordered dutch clips. Anything else I might need? I'll eventually get the cat cut tarp and insulation of some sort.

Festus Hagen
03-11-2012, 10:07
I received the ring buckle suspension and 12' polyester straps, and also ordered dutch clips. Anything else I might need? I'll eventually get the cat cut tarp and insulation of some sort.

Suspension-wise I'd think that would do the trick, should be real simple to set up :)