PDA

View Full Version : guardian bug net problems

ernesthemmingway
03-04-2012, 00:11
A while back I bought a guardian bug net from a gander mountain store and discovered that the zipper was missing the sliders. I couldnt unzip the net. I called ENO, and they sent me a replacement with no problems. However, My replacement bug net is also defective. The zipper isnt stitched to the net at the ends, so the slider just falls off the zipper. I think I'm going to give up on the ENO bug net. I hope I can get my money back. What really bothers me is I havent known ENO to be a company with problems like this. I wonder whats going on with them. Thanks for entertaining this post. Its really just so I can complain.

cashkeith
03-04-2012, 00:23
A while back I bought a guardian bug net from a gander mountain store and discovered that the zipper was missing the sliders. I couldnt unzip the net. I called ENO, and they sent me a replacement with no problems. However, My replacement bug net is also defective. The zipper isnt stitched to the net at the ends, so the slider just falls off the zipper. I think I'm going to give up on the ENO bug net. I hope I can get my money back. What really bothers me is I havent known ENO to be a company with problems like this. I wonder whats going on with them. Thanks for entertaining this post. Its really just so I can complain.

Just got my ENO BugNet in the mail this week. Only set it up once so far. Didn't notice any zipper issues, but didn't like the bag. It's too small. Think the could've gone a bit larger so it stuffs easier. Think I'm just going to leave it on the hammock and pack the whole thing; net and all in a larger dry bag for the summer skeeter season. Curious to hear what you replace it with in case I get frustrated with mine and move to something else.

DivaB
03-04-2012, 00:30
During buggy seasons, I do leave all mine together and use a DIY Bishop bag.

ernesthemmingway
03-04-2012, 01:05
Just got my ENO BugNet in the mail this week. Only set it up once so far. Didn't notice any zipper issues, but didn't like the bag. It's too small. Think the could've gone a bit larger so it stuffs easier. Think I'm just going to leave it on the hammock and pack the whole thing; net and all in a larger dry bag for the summer skeeter season. Curious to hear what you replace it with in case I get frustrated with mine and move to something else.

Well if I can get my money back, Ive heard some great things about the wildernesslogics net, so I might go that route. If not, maybe I'll try to make a DIY net. The Fronkey design seems like it might not be too difficult.

DivaB
03-04-2012, 01:28
Well if I can get my money back, Ive heard some great things about the wildernesslogics net, so I might go that route. If not, maybe I'll try to make a DIY net. The Fronkey design seems like it might not be too difficult.

Sorry the Eno bug net isn't working out. I have one, and like it, but I don't want any zippers to mess with. I'll be making the Top entry bug net as soon as I can get to it http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33714 Since it is defective, I certainly hope you can get your money back.

HURTHEART
03-04-2012, 18:31
How sad to hear you had problems with ENO twice. They were excellent to deal with when I had a problem. If it were me I would want my $ back. If the zippers have problems probably other seams will have issues also.

Sad to see a company like ENO go down. I wonder if it was recently sold, or absorbed by a larger corporation?

L.D. Cakes
03-04-2012, 18:41

Yeah the stuff sac is small and heavy too. I un-stitched the bag and completely removed it when I was using it. I now use a Warbonnet net that works much better with a horizontal zipper instead of being vertical like the ENO, it's also much lighter.

ernesthemmingway
03-07-2012, 21:59
Update on the guardian issues. They are sending me yet another bug net, and didnt ask me to mail back the other defective one. Now I will have two guardian bug nets. Maybe I will DIY something...some kind of frankenstein guardian net. I dont know, I suppose I'll figure something out something to do with it.

RGR
03-08-2012, 14:22
Update on the guardian issues. They are sending me yet another bug net, and didnt ask me to mail back the other defective one. Now I will have two guardian bug nets. Maybe I will DIY something...some kind of frankenstein guardian net. I dont know, I suppose I'll figure something out something to do with it.

Cut it up and make some ridge line organizers!

Strange to hear about the zipper issues. Other than the poorly designed slap straps my ENO gear has been well made

Overall the guardian net has done its job for me but like others have said its pon the small side, heavy and I think it's a bit of a pain to get in and out of. I'll be switching to something like ye Warbonnet net this year.

Bubba shmubba
03-08-2012, 14:31
If ur interested I might be interested in buying the defective bug net and do a DIY repair. Send me a pm

fgblueenohanger
03-11-2012, 19:50
I've got the guardian bug net and haven't had any issues. I've used it for over a year now with no problems, zippers work good, etc. Sorry you've had issues, hopefully they are solved with the new one.