PDA

View Full Version : how cold is cold ?

bobdep
01-20-2007, 17:26
whats the lowest temp you have slept out in your hammock, its gonna be -16 c here tonight thats about 2 f.., and im gonna go for it , i have a full legth therarest and my north face sleeping bag (-18 'c), i should be fine eh .... i just cant wait till the warm gets here , i wanna play now , first alnighter with my new hhulb, yaya cant wait ..... bob:cool:

stoikurt
01-20-2007, 17:38
Good luck, let us know how it goes.

neo
01-20-2007, 18:26
8.6 degree's f. :cool:

slowhike
01-20-2007, 21:01
if you click on "forums" at the top of the home page & then click on "general hammock talk" & go to the 3rd page of threads, you'll see a thread titled "what's the lowest known temp you have in your hammock".
that'll give you some ideas on low temps. ...tim

bobdep
01-21-2007, 15:52
thanks slowhike will check it out ... i slept ( i use this term loosly!) out last night in the hh was really comfortable, all apart from that my feet got cold around 4 ish , but i think it was -16 'c so 3 'f not bad for the first time out , but i think i will need some more insulation on my tootsies ! space blanket maybe , good though really like hangin !!!

Hangman
01-21-2007, 16:02
thanks slowhike will check it out ... i slept ( i use this term loosly!) out last night in the hh was really comfortable, all apart from that my feet got cold around 4 ish , but i think it was -16 'c so 3 'f not bad for the first time out , but i think i will need some more insulation on my tootsies ! space blanket maybe , good though really like hangin !!!

What was your exact setup? that for sharing

bobdep
01-21-2007, 19:54
i have a hennessy ultralight backpacker , stock tarp , a the north face snowshoe sleeping bag ( says it is comfortable to -18 'c and is synthetic ), and a full length thermarest fully inflated , oh and mec long johns .....