PDA

View Full Version : Sil-nylon scraps…

6 feet over
06-27-2008, 22:34
I put out this thought in another thread, but…

Does anyone have any sil-nylon scraps that are too small to be useful, but I could use them to learn to sew sil-nylon without wasting quality material? I’d mostly be interested in adjusting my machine and learning exactly what tension settings, etc, I’d need to use.

PM’s welcome. Thanks.

te-wa
06-27-2008, 22:51
i can send you a bit

Preacha Man
06-28-2008, 15:04
We have tons if you are interested as well.

PM if you would like

Dwight

6 feet over
07-03-2008, 20:32
Thanks to you both.

trail_geek
07-26-2008, 07:29
Hi,

Was there any of this still around? Try getting anything in Australia.

I would also like some off-cuts or scraps if there is some around before i go to the expense of buying it in from the US.

Want to make sure that my machine will sew it and I dont trash lots of good quality material,

Many thanks

Brian
07-26-2008, 10:39
Trail Geek, shoot me a PM and I can get you set up with some. I've got tons as well.

Brian
OES

koaloha05
08-06-2008, 20:16
Lubed, oiled and adjusted the new old Singer 15-91. It works! Just need to develop some sewing skills. Looking for pieces of silnylon and ripstop to practice on.

fin
08-08-2008, 16:59
Wow, if I would have known (remembered:o) you needed sil, I would have brought you some last week! I will be back up there in Sept., and have some extra that I will be willing to part with, if you can wait for it. I don't have lengths on it, mostly scraps and pieces less than 3 yds.

koaloha05
08-10-2008, 22:15
Wow, if I would have known (remembered:o) you needed sil, I would have brought you some last week! I will be back up there in Sept., and have some extra that I will be willing to part with, if you can wait for it. I don't have lengths on it, mostly scraps and pieces less than 3 yds.

Thanks for the offer. With the order I placed for a MacCat (Spinntex) Deluxe tarp a pound of remnants will arrive. Hope to develop some level of skill before the pound of silnylon is all used up. Plan to then recycle a chunk of the Hen tarp into a "Bishop" style bag large enough to hold the hammock & Nest in one neat package.