PDA

View Full Version : Hot Spot still being made?

Banjoman
03-12-2012, 15:50
I noticed that ENO says they are out of their Hot Spots, and I can't find anyone else that has any in stock. Are they even being made anymore?

Also, does anyone know of any other comparable alternatives to the Hot Spot besides DIY?

Also, Also, I'm assuming one of these would work pretty much in any hammock. Am I thinking correctly?

Thanks! This is my first post!

djminnesota
03-12-2012, 16:03
Welcome to the forum!
not sure what the hot spot is... is it some sort of pad, or underquilt? ive never heard of it

Banjoman
03-12-2012, 16:17
Let's see if this link works...

http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/product/A4011.html

pgibson
03-12-2012, 16:30
It like a number of other products that ENO brings out it is announced and put on their site long before it is available for sale. As far as anyone has seen it has not gotten to market yet. Give it 6-14 months and you may be able to order one :rolleyes:

It's basically a cope of the Speer Pad Extender which is also off the market currently as Speer hammocks discontinued it when they partnered with another shop to make some of their gear for them when they retired. There are a number of DIY threads on how to make a SPE but the Hot spot is even slightly simplified from there.

fred1diver
03-12-2012, 16:31
o.k., I see what your looking for, basically a SPE. :)
easy to make your own if your into diy.
and yes it will work in any types of hammock :D
just do a quick search for SPE or segmented pad extender :cool:
or for more comfort try an under quilt!!! so comfy :D
and welcome to the comfort zone
FRED

thegreatjesse
03-12-2012, 16:32
The HotSpot is ENO's version of an SPE. DIY is your least expensive option, and I doubt there are any other commercial versions of the SPE. Personally, I'd just duct-tape CCF wings to an existing pad, but hey - that's just me.

Banjoman
03-12-2012, 16:54
Yeah, I'll probably go the DIY route. The hot spot was advertised for $30 so I figured it would be worth it for that price. I did a search here on the forum and found some different ideas for fashioning one so I think I'll give it a go. I don't have a sewing machine, so either the knotted shock cord or duct tape method will be how I'll go.

Thanks guys! I've been reading tons of old threads and watching videos the past week and have learned so much!

Qwik512
05-17-2012, 09:45
I just picked one up at REI in San Diego. Hope to test this weekend at Mid TN group hang and do a review. Seems to be a cut down version of the original SPE.

survive7713
05-22-2012, 15:46
personally I have found that it is better if you take a reflective material and use it to make a SPE.

reflective material like this:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_219377-56291-RB48125_4294925567__?productId=3024981&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Insulation%2BAccessories_42949255 67__%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

then sandwich it between something like this:http://gossamergear.com/sleeping/1-8.html

and then attach it to your pad however you like