PDA

View Full Version : Doublenest for my wife

RAW
07-02-2008, 18:10
So . . . . I've got a Clark NX-200.
I think it's a pretty amazing hammock solution.

But a couple of weekends ago, I tried out a friend's ENO Single.
And then I ordered my wife a Doublenest with Bug-guardian.

As much as I love my Clark . . . . man! are these Doublenest hammocks comfy. That diagonal thing really works. :D I'm able to stretch out much flatter in the ENO.

Just wanted to post up how impressed I was with the comfort of the Doublenest.

That is all. :cool:

peanuts
07-02-2008, 18:43
ive been hanging in an eno for over 6yrs:p
i did not like the bug netting too heavy.........welcome to the darkside:eek:

slowhike
07-02-2008, 21:09
I really like the fabric they use on the ENO too. Feels great!

Hooch
07-02-2008, 21:16
Althought I've breifly tried a couple other hammocks, I keep coming back to my ENO DoubleNest. I sleep so comfortably in mine, that it's just hard to give up. As a matter of fact, I like mine so much that my project for this Friday on the 4th is one of Risk's $25 (It took me about $45. Inflation, you know) hammock stands to keep in the back yard. We're having a few nice mild nights here in Charlotte, so I may try to spend a couple nights crashed out in the back yard. :D

RAW
07-02-2008, 21:26
Althought I've breifly tried a couple other hammocks, I keep coming back to my ENO DoubleNest. I sleep so comfortably in mine, that it's just hard to give up. As a matter of fact, I like mine so much that my project for this Friday on the 4th is one of Risk's $25 (It took me about $45. Inflation, you know) hammock stands to keep in the back yard. We're having a few nice mild nights here in Charlotte, so I may try to spend a couple nights crashed out in the back yard. :D

Hooch,

Seeing you in your ENO in HotSprings is one of the things that made me start thinking about an ENO as an additional hammock.

Question: What do you do for a bugnet?

I bought the ENO net, but . . . just curious what other solutions people have come up with.

Reuben

Hooch
07-02-2008, 21:32
Hooch,

Seeing you in your ENO in HotSprings is one of the things that made me start thinking about an ENO as an additional hammock.

I bought the ENO net, but . . . just curious what other solutions people have come up with.

Reuben
I don't use a bug net. I just slather myself in insect repellent and hope for the best. I get a nibble once in a blue moon, but generally it works pretty well.

headchange4u
07-03-2008, 20:55
The HAAB style , double size hammocks are super comfy.

Will P
07-13-2008, 03:14
Hooch,

Reuben

I also LOVE the doublenest. plenty of room and great material (helps here in the south, lets the breeze come through). my amateur solution instead of buying the bugnet (which I may get soon, do you recommend it?) was to simply buy some no-see-um netting from great outdoor prov., hammer in some grommets, and let it drape over the sides. Bugs could still crawl/fly up from the bottom if they were determined however.
Easy, cheap solution, though maybe not the most effective?

FanaticFringer
07-13-2008, 06:51
I also LOVE the doublenest. plenty of room and great material (helps here in the south, lets the breeze come through). my amateur solution instead of buying the bugnet (which I may get soon, do you recommend it?) was to simply buy some no-see-um netting from great outdoor prov., hammer in some grommets, and let it drape over the sides. Bugs could still crawl/fly up from the bottom if they were determined however.
Easy, cheap solution, though maybe not the most effective?

Another option is to cut off the attached stuff sack to save a good deal of weight.

www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=59198#post59198

slowhike
07-13-2008, 14:16
Fanatic Fringer... I don't know if you have already told, but were did you get that hammock & stand picture in your avatar? Pretty interesting.
I'm guessing that's a baby size hammock???

FanaticFringer
07-13-2008, 14:44
Fanatic Fringer... I don't know if you have already told, but were did you get that hammock & stand picture in your avatar? Pretty interesting.

I cant take credit for that youngun.:D I think the bridge hammock helps you sleep like a baby.:p
Here's the link. www.daddytypes.com/2008/03/20/ghodiyu_think_this_indian_baby_hammock_will_scratc h_my_hardwood_floor.php

slowhike
07-13-2008, 22:11
I cant take credit for that youngun.:D I think the bridge hammock helps you sleep like a baby.:p
Here's the link. www.daddytypes.com/2008/03/20/ghodiyu_think_this_indian_baby_hammock_will_scratc h_my_hardwood_floor.php

Man... where was that hammock & stand when I was a baby?:p

Narwhalin
07-13-2008, 22:16

I was wondering the same thing. Then, when I clicked on the link, there was a link to this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pranavadave/Viahaan6months/photo#5122028129639137858

I would like to make a big version of that for my indoor hammock stand. Do you all think it would work?

BillyBob58
07-13-2008, 22:30
I was wondering the same thing. Then, when I clicked on the link, there was a link to this:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pranavadave/Viahaan6months/photo#5122028129639137858

I would like to make a big version of that for my indoor hammock stand. Do you all think it would work?

Don't know why not. The center/upper plank would take all of the load, as the fence top rail does on my variation.

Some 2x4s connecting the bottom rt and Lt of one "A" frame to the other A frame would add some stability, but I don't know if it would be needed.

spidennis
07-20-2008, 13:07
I've been camping in my eno double now for about 3 weeks in upstate NY. The outdoor AC works pretty good up here but there are also bugs, bugs in all shapes and forms. I've been using the eno bug gardian every night and an inflatable pad underneath. I love the eno by it's self as it's very comfy and taking the bug net off and on would be a hassle as I'd first have to take out the pad and bag. Then it would be simple enough to just slide the bug net to one end of the hammock or the other but ..... guess I'm just too lazy for all that. I am using the SK skinner straps and attach a biner there to the cam section to attach my eno bug net lines, it works quicker than any thing else I've found so far. Also, when I take the bug net off the hammock, I run a short cord thru it and tie both ends together. When it's time to re install the net I don't have to fish from one end to the other to pass the hammock thru it. Like I said, I'm a bit lazy and this makes it easier to deal with. I am thinking about attaching a top layer to my eno as a pad slot, to keep the pad where it's supposed to stay. My speer SWT has been doing a fine job, but I understand you're not suppose to use it every day like I've been doing? Oh well ! Today I'm giving it an all day rain test, too bad it wasn't last night so I could enjoy it while I slept! My niece and I have been camping out a day here and there thru all this and she thinks she wants to give hammock camping a go ....... but I'm thinking about getting an all in one hammock/bugnet/tarp such as a claytor or possibly a clark NA (if I could only afford it). and If only I could actually see these things before I buy ......