PDA

View Full Version : pad combinations!?

te-wa
07-04-2008, 12:21
I was just looking at all of my possible setups (whew, its growing)
and started thinking of my many ways to keep a warm underside.
I was hoping to see what others thought/use for different seasons (excluding Neo:cool: who can use a 1/8 ccf down to 13°)
so far my possible setups are: (using the BMBH as an example)

bridge with 1/2 UQ and 1/2 ccf (1/4")
bridge with full length ccf (1/4")
bridge with full length ccf and full length UQ

out of curiosity, what do ya'll think the temp can be pushed to using the 1/4 full length ccf in combination with a Hudson River UQ? Im hoping about 32° or so (or less?)
*the HR UQ was overstuffed w/ 2oz speer's down, resulting in 1/2" more loft over stock

FanaticFringer
07-04-2008, 13:16
Here's another underquilt option. The folded over half underquilt.

www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=43420&postcount=37

Peter_pan
07-04-2008, 13:50
I was just looking at all of my possible setups (whew, its growing)
and started thinking of my many ways to keep a warm underside.
I was hoping to see what others thought/use for different seasons (excluding Neo:cool: who can use a 1/8 ccf down to 13°)
so far my possible setups are: (using the BMBH as an example)

bridge with 1/2 UQ and 1/2 ccf (1/4")
bridge with full length ccf (1/4")
bridge with full length ccf and full length UQ

out of curiosity, what do ya'll think the temp can be pushed to using the 1/4 full length ccf in combination with a Hudson River UQ? Im hoping about 32° or so (or less?)
*the HR UQ was overstuffed w/ 2oz speer's down, resulting in 1/2" more loft over stock

Way less than 32*.... 15-20* would be my guess.... but hey....Test and always have a bail out /add to plan in case your wrong..... as always YMMV.

Pan

te-wa
07-04-2008, 17:55
that reminds me Pan, I was going to ask if you guys ever considered offering a Bridge pad, 26" x 66" or so... the CCF in a Bridge works so good. No shifting, buckling or squirming around (even the Claytor was a pain). So this system with the HR quilt will be a 4 season system for me. If I can stretch it to 20° I couldnt be more happy.
btw, the pic i added is 3" loft when attached, a simple grosgrain loop mod directly to the Bridge and it works great. You guys should sell 1/2 underquilts too!

FanaticFringer
07-04-2008, 18:40
that reminds me Pan, I was going to ask if you guys ever considered offering a Bridge pad, 26" x 66" or so... the CCF in a Bridge works so good. No shifting, buckling or squirming around (even the Claytor was a pain). So this system with the HR quilt will be a 4 season system for me. If I can stretch it to 20° I couldnt be more happy.
btw, the pic i added is 3" loft when attached, a simple grosgrain loop mod directly to the Bridge and it works great. You guys should sell 1/2 underquilts too!

I feel the same way about pads in the JRB bridge. I felt the Claytor was a pain also. That's why I sold it. The RidgeRest 25" wide pad works very well for me. You wont miss the extra inch.

Peter_pan
04-10-2010, 07:08

Te-Wa, et al,

Just ran across this old comment...

By way of an update, JRB did add such a pad a few months back... It is a 26x40 for under $10... http://www.jacksrbetter.com/TorsoPad.htm

Pan