PDA

View Full Version : My wife is looking at me funny...

Ramblinrev
07-04-2008, 19:16
...<sigh>...

I am doing it... I am switching my HH to ring buckles. At least this will be my attempt. Back here in the boonies we don't have all the fancy schmancy marine stores and the rest so I have to make do with the big box stores if I want stuff. Or pay through the nose for shipping.

So I will be checking this system out tomorrow I hope. But now my wife is wondering what kind of can of worms has been opened. She thought hammocks would be simple and uncomplicated and here I am making DIY stuff and wanting my own sewing machine. I'll let people know how this goes hopefully after the weekend. I hope to be beyond the computer's beck and call for the rest of the time.

gunn parker
07-04-2008, 19:39
:) it only gets worse from here, I do not get those funny looks anymore.

Iafte
07-05-2008, 10:58
...<sigh>...

I am doing it... I am switching my HH to ring buckles. At least this will be my attempt. Back here in the boonies we don't have all the fancy schmancy marine stores and the rest so I have to make do with the big box stores if I want stuff. Or pay through the nose for shipping.

So I will be checking this system out tomorrow I hope. But now my wife is wondering what kind of can of worms has been opened. She thought hammocks would be simple and uncomplicated and here I am making DIY stuff and wanting my own sewing machine. I'll let people know how this goes hopefully after the weekend. I hope to be beyond the computer's beck and call for the rest of the time.

I wish I knew before the trip, I have an extra set of rings I could of brought with me when we met. Glad to see you made it home ok.

Ramblinrev
07-05-2008, 11:05
You made good time.....
Did the kiddos make the whole trip?

ps: I posted a trip report for myself on the "Short notice (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4778&highlight=Short)" thread

Iafte
07-05-2008, 19:50
We ended up only doing the northern section. We got caught at lunch the 2nd day with the thunderstorms that rolled through. We had talked to a day hiker who said that they were forcasted all afternoon. Once we got a break, we hiked to the next camping area and called it a day just in case. We where going to be up top the rest of the day if we continued, so better safe than sorry.