PDA

View Full Version : snake skins for bridge?

jay590
07-08-2008, 19:26
has anyone tried to make snake skins or a black bishop bag for the BMBH? if so ow did it turn out?

FanaticFringer
07-08-2008, 19:50
I actaully use the Hennessy #3 snakeskins on mine. Let's just say it's less than perfect.:D
Works fairly well until you get to the center and nothing wants to fit well.

DGrav
07-08-2008, 20:05
Jay S made me a real nice pair of skins for my BMB they work great accept if it rains the skins get wet because you have to push them out past the primary ring to setup the hammock.

GrizzlyAdams
07-09-2008, 02:58
I use a BB bag for my DIY bridge. The bag is silnylon, sits at the apex of the suspension triangle. When I pack up I
0. disconnect the spreader bars
1. disconnect from the tree at the foot end of the hammock. If your line or webbing to the tree from the apex ring does not disconnect, then roll it up.
2. Starting at the foot end I fold/roll the hammock body so that it is about 10-12 inches wide.
3. I roll the hammock body and fold it in, walking towards the tree at the head end. I am making a sort of cylinder that is 10-12 inches high.
4. When I get to the end of the hammock body I wrap in the sides of the suspension triangle, and stuff the cylinder into the bag.

Something like that ought to work for the JRB bridge.

Grizz