PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Seeking DUTCH-POs

Hangandy
03-31-2012, 02:22
Dutch, you're killing me! Just saw your vid for Clip on Tarp Pull Outs and figured I had to have a pair. And so I went to your site at outdoortrailgear.com . Alas they're not there. Say it ain't so. It seems the only thing faster than Dutch's lightning fast shipping is his cutting edge creative genius.

I haven't cried so hard since they blinded Laura on Little House on the Prairie. :crying My tarp without a pair of DUTCH-POs now is like being dumped by your girlfriend and not having a Leonard Cohen album to play while you tear apart the cute stuffed animal you were waiting to give her and shave your head preparatory to joining some strict monastery. (Sorry, this has stirred up some very unpleasant memories). I'd gladly go back to that Turkish prison, eat my foul-smelling goulash, give the guards my three kidneys, pay the $20 plus shipping and bring Dutch a shrubbery if it meant I could somehow get my hands on the Holy Grail of hammock accoutrements, the highly coveted and sought after, Dutch Clip on Tarp Pull Outs.

Or as I like to call them, "DUTCH-PO"s

(Dutch's Unrivaled Tarp Caressing Heavenly Pull Outs).

You're amazing, Dutch! And easy on the eyes. And the world's greatest hiker! So please, please, please, put me on your waiting list.

keys?
03-31-2012, 05:20
I can't help you out, but I appreciate your amusing post.
I'm sure Dutch, the greatest hiker in the world will be able to help you out soon :shades:

p.s. did you really poor your heart out to leonard cohen...I'm surprised you survived that;)

Dutch
03-31-2012, 07:18
Tarp pull outs???? You must have some other Dutch who is easy on the eyes.

Pm me your addy and I will get you a pair to review.

dragon360
03-31-2012, 09:40
Look at that - Ask and ye shall receive! Very cool Dutch. Very cool.

But I have to say - my curiousity is peaked. What is it we are talking about?

Dutch
03-31-2012, 09:55
Look at that - Ask and ye shall receive! Very cool Dutch. Very cool.

But I have to say - my curiousity is peaked. What is it we are talking about?

I have new gear coming out and I made videos ahead of time. HangAndy subscribes to my youtube channel so he sees stuff before it gets released.

Tato has been coming up with some cool stuff and I just have to find the time to get it package up and on my site.

Here is a vid...but don't tell anybody.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Gw2Svf3Pc&feature=g-upl&context=G2ad74b8AUAAAAAAAFAA

L.D. Cakes
03-31-2012, 10:03
Wow! I just got caught up. The tarp tensioner's look cool too! Are they available yet, can I pre-order!?

MAD777
03-31-2012, 10:10
The O-ring solves the problem with Grip Clips in that they tend to slide on silnylon. The old fix for that has been to pace a rubber balloon in the Grip Clip. Very clever!

Dutch
03-31-2012, 10:13
I have a little more testing on the tensioners. Will be ready very soon. You don't need to preorder as I will have enough for everyone.

nateseviltwin
03-31-2012, 10:13
Looks awesome!

Dutch
03-31-2012, 10:14
The O-ring solves the problem with Grip Clips in that they tend to slide on silnylon. The old fix for that has been to pace a rubber balloon in the Grip Clip. Very clever!

I wish it was my idea, but Tato is the genius behind the design.

L.D. Cakes
03-31-2012, 10:16
I have a little more testing on the tensioners. Will be ready very soon. You don't need to preorder as I will have enough for everyone.

I'm glad you're working on this. I used the ones made from surgical tubing in extreme cold and they froze extended. These could be my answer! :D

ShadowAlpha
03-31-2012, 11:25

COPO's ?? Clip On Pull Out's

SilvrSurfr
03-31-2012, 12:53
Dutch:

Could you use those doohickeys to connect tarp to ridgeline?

oldgringo
03-31-2012, 13:09
Andy, you've led a tragic life, indeed.

Dutch
03-31-2012, 13:23
Dutch:

Could you use those doohickeys to connect tarp to ridgeline?

No they would not be strong enough for ridgeline.

TATO
03-31-2012, 18:28
I have new gear coming out and I made videos ahead of time. HangAndy subscribes to my youtube channel so he sees stuff before it gets released.

Tato has been coming up with some cool stuff and I just have to find the time to get it package up and on my site.

Here is a vid...but don't tell anybody.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Gw2Svf3Pc&feature=g-upl&context=G2ad74b8AUAAAAAAAFAA

Hope some of these items help out some of the folks out there.

Thanks Dutch. But the genius comes from your inspiration because your so dang easy on the eyes.:lol:

tygr
04-01-2012, 18:31
Dear Dutch and TATO,

You are going to be the death of me.

Sincerely,

—tygr

Rob3E
04-02-2012, 15:28
I thought it was Mary who went blind on Little House.

Hangandy
04-02-2012, 21:27
I thought it was Mary who went blind on Little House.

What, they blinded Mary! :eek: See how traumatic that was, I transferred Mary's pain to her younger sibling. Next thing you're going to tell me the Waltons were just characters acting as family members and not a real family.

Or that Dutch is actually an American, and not merely a traditional Nederlander who spends his days studying the art of Van Gogh and Rembrandt and his nights going door to door carrying a paper lantern. Or that unlike the guy in the videos who is so easy on the eyes, Dutch is actually an unemployed grandmother in Tampa who is dumping foreign made hardware fasteners as specialty items to subsidize her expensive gambling addiction.:unsure:

Dutch
04-03-2012, 06:51
You are funny. I am planning on seeing the Van Gogh museum this summer so there maybe sone thing to that. The guy in the video is an anatomically correct android designed to hypnotize hikers into thinking knots are immoral.