PDA

View Full Version : ****'s Creek to Tray Mtn

Little Weasel
07-15-2008, 20:03
Looking for anyone wanting to join me this weekend (7/19-7/20) from ****'s Creek Gap to Tray Mtn on the AT. All my usual suspects backed out.

FanaticFringer
07-15-2008, 21:55
If you get no offers for the AT trip, would you be interested in something closer?
I work Saturday and could go for an overniter Sat. afternoon.

FF

Little Weasel
07-16-2008, 07:39
Trying to work something out over at Whiteblaze but if that falls through, what you got in mind?

Youngblood
07-16-2008, 10:27
Looking for anyone wanting to join me this weekend (7/19-7/20) from ****'s Creek Gap to Tray Mtn on the AT. All my usual suspects backed out.

I'm interested.

I like camping at Tray Mtn in nice weather. I was up there a couple of weeks ago when I backpacked in from Unicoi Gap. Here are some pictures of my hammock spot and the view I woke up to from my hammock, it was sweet.

FF, there is a lot of daylight these days. Tray Gap is only about a 1.5 miles from the shelter, Indian Grave Gap about 4 miles, and Unicoi Gap about 6 miles.

Little Weasel
07-16-2008, 12:06
I'm interested.

I like camping at Tray Mtn in nice weather. I was up there a couple of weeks ago when I backpacked in from Unicoi Gap. Here are some pictures of my hammock spot and the view I woke up to from my hammock, it was sweet.

FF, there is a lot of daylight these days. Tray Gap is only about a 1.5 miles from the shelter, Indian Grave Gap about 4 miles, and Unicoi Gap about 6 miles.

Great views from Tray and some nice pics too. I plan to leave the parking lot off of Hwy 76 7:30-8:00 AM. Hope you can be there. Might have a couple guys from Whiteblaze meet up at the top.

Little Weasel
07-16-2008, 16:00
I'm interested.

Youngblood and FanaticFringer,

Yall come on up and we can make fun of the GDers:D

Ramblinrev
07-16-2008, 16:01
PA to GA is too far for this guy. :( I really need to get out tho.

Youngblood
07-16-2008, 16:09
I'm going to try and make it but don't know about the 7:30-8:00 AM start. That gives about 12 hours to cover 10 miles.

I have a 2 hour drive without stops and usually stop for a good breakfast so that's a pretty early wake up call for me. I need to do a little figuring on this, I might rather go up Friday afternoon and camp at or near the trail head. But even that is an early wake up call to be packed up and ready to go. Could hike in to Deep Gap Shelter on Friday and wait for you there on Saturday morning.

Little Weasel
07-16-2008, 16:30
PA to GA is too far for this guy. :( I really need to get out tho.

I am kind off lucky to live a couple hours from the trail. Maybe you can get down south sometime and hang.

Little Weasel
07-16-2008, 16:36
I'm going to try and make it but don't know about the 7:30-8:00 AM start. That gives about 12 hours to cover 10 miles.

I have a 2 hour drive without stops and usually stop for a good breakfast so that's a pretty early wake up call for me. I need to do a little figuring on this, I might rather go up Friday afternoon and camp at or near the trail head. But even that is an early wake up call to be packed up and ready to go. Could hike in to Deep Gap Shelter on Friday and wait for you there on Saturday morning.

Just let me know what your final plan is. I'll have to leave the house about 5-5:30 AM myself. Should take me about 1.5 to get the 3.5 miles to Deep Gap Shelter.

Ramblinrev
07-16-2008, 16:55
I am kind off lucky to live a couple hours from the trail. Maybe you can get down south sometime and hang.

I can get to the AT in a couple of hours. It's the four months it would take me to get to Georgia that is my concern atm.

Little Weasel
07-16-2008, 19:04
I can get to the AT in a couple of hours. It's the four months it would take me to get to Georgia that is my concern atm.

Four months is not a long time if you don't have to sleep in nasty shelters or on the ground. Head on out and I'll meet ya half way.

Little Weasel
07-16-2008, 22:02

If you want to head up Friday I'll head out early Sat AM. If you want to wait til Sat AM, I can wait and hook up with you around 441 and 85. I assume you will be heading up that way? "Good breakfast" to me means Cracker Barrel in Commerce.

Egads
07-16-2008, 22:12
FF - Get yo butt up there. We may do a full moon hike if'n it's clear skies.

BTW, You We've evolved crowd who are planning to make fun of us White Blaze GDers. We hang when we wanna carry the extra weight.

Egads

Little Weasel
07-16-2008, 22:24

BTW, You We've evolved crowd who are planning to make fun of us White Blaze GDers. We hang when we wanna carry the extra weight.

Egads

Ill insert foot into mouth now. Glad to hear you're hangers too but I would never make fun of you Egads. You and Phreak could probably leave me in your UL dust. We're not "EVOLVED", just comfortably elevated.

FanaticFringer
07-18-2008, 12:59

Egads

Dont think I can make it this time Gordon. Look forward to camping with you again soon.

phreak
07-20-2008, 09:14
Nice meeting you yesterday Little Weasel, and good to see you again Youngblood.

Hope we didn't make too much noise while breaking camp in the wee hours of the night.

Little Weasel
07-20-2008, 19:11
Nice meeting you yesterday Little Weasel, and good to see you again Youngblood.

Hope we didn't make too much noise while breaking camp in the wee hours of the night.

Nice meeting you and Egads too. Maybe we can hook up again soon when y'all will have a chance to stay more than a couple hours.
Never heard a thing.

phreak
07-20-2008, 20:29
Nice meeting you and Egads too. Maybe we can hook up again soon when y'all will have a chance to stay more than a couple hours.
Never heard a thing.

I'll be out every weekend 'tween now and the end of August. So I'm open to any trip(s).

Little Weasel
07-20-2008, 20:44
I'll let you know next time I get out.