PDA

View Full Version : Converting a CTRL to Dutchware

Roe Ring
04-14-2012, 19:50
I have a CTRL from Stu at Whoopieslings.com with the dog bone and figure 9 as standard. From what I can gather, this is 2.2mm cord. I have converted it to Dutchware with a hook and flyz and it seems to work well but I notice that the flyz are only supposed to work with 1.75mm zing-it / lash-it. My 2.2mm cord fits through the flyz holes and locks well, is there a potential problem that I haven't spotted yet? Has anyone else made the conversion?

Thanks

Mark

lazy river road
04-14-2012, 19:59
I have a CTRL from Stu at Whoopieslings.com with the dog bone and figure 9 as standard. From what I can gather, this is 2.2mm cord. I have converted it to Dutchware with a hook and flyz and it seems to work well but I notice that the flyz are only supposed to work with 1.75mm zing-it / lash-it. My 2.2mm cord fits through the flyz holes and locks well, is there a potential problem that I haven't spotted yet? Has anyone else made the conversion?

Thanks

Mark

Should be no problem at all. Another way of doing it which I personally prefer however YMMV is to prussic my Dutc fly onto my RL. I find that I get a tighter pitch when I do this being able to add more tension to the RL with out the fly slipping or having to lock the fly in place with the RL cord.

Dutch
04-14-2012, 20:09
You are OK with 2.2mm. Like LLR said it is best to prussic the Flyz.

L.D. Cakes
04-14-2012, 20:26
Can you use the same cord to prussic? The one I have looks like it is on dynaglide that is slightly bigger on the 1.75 Zing-It ridge line. Which is best or does it matter?

lazy river road
04-14-2012, 20:31
Can you use the same cord to prussic? The one I have looks like it is on dynaglide that is slightly bigger on the 1.75 Zing-It ridge line. Which is best or does it matter?

Generally prussic knots hold better when the prussic cord is made from a smaller diameter cord then the cord it is wrapped around. However if using the same diameter cord, an extra wrap or two usually does the trick.

L.D. Cakes
04-14-2012, 20:39
Generally prussic knots hold better when the prussic cord is made from a smaller diameter cord then the cord it is wrapped around. However if using the same diameter cord, an extra wrap or two usually does the trick.

Thank you. :)

Roe Ring
04-15-2012, 04:13
Thanks for the replies. I have a 1.75mm prussic that I'll use for the flyz.

Atb

Mark

Arothian
04-18-2012, 17:58
You are OK with 2.2mm. Like LLR said it is best to prussic the Flyz.

My brain isn't fully functional right now...is this demonstrated in one of your wonderful videos?

Arothian
04-18-2012, 18:43
My brain isn't fully functional right now...is this demonstrated in one of your wonderful videos?

I think I found it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=BBjsARXn94U&NR=1. So the prusik is tied into the tarp flyz.

Roe Ring
04-21-2012, 11:42
That's how I have done mine now. Just splice the flyz onto a 1.75mm zing it loop.

Atb

Mark