PDA

View Full Version : Butt In A Sling

spaceweaseal
04-18-2012, 18:21
I just received my hammocks from BIAS.
I got a Weight Weenie with a double layer (green, and brown) and a Micro. Both have the Knotty mod.
The quality of the work on these hammocks is excellent and their customer service is top notch. I don't have too much time today to play with them but I did get a couple of shots of them and the weights.
The double WW 15.75oz
The micro 7.75oz

Here is the WWdlb
It looks gray in the pics but the inside is dark green.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/spaceweaseal/ed6a8e3f.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/spaceweaseal/b0c66dd2.jpg
This is the Micro
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/spaceweaseal/e157f380.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k134/spaceweaseal/429692d0.jpg

dragon360
04-18-2012, 19:30
Nice looking new gear you have there - congrats!

tncamper
04-18-2012, 21:37
Glad you like them! My wife loved the brown on green. I can see me having to do another "to keep peace in the house."(or should I say the backyard)

jbrianb
04-18-2012, 21:55
Glad you like them! My wife loved the brown on green. I can see me having to do another "to keep peace in the house."(or should I say the backyard)

I can see that, too! I told Shawn I was pretty envious of that two-tone DL. tncamper's work on it was RIDICULOUS. Shawn made a brilliant call in getting it in two-tone. It was a thing of beauty. I know my next project for me when I have time! But I still dig my WWM.

Jason in Tn
04-18-2012, 22:14
These guys are top shelf I am more than pleased with my BIAS hammock. Great customer service too.

Jason

Boulderman
04-18-2012, 23:37
Did some studying in the park today in my WWM. Great hammock!

spaceweaseal
04-19-2012, 10:04
I slept in my WW Dl last night and I had the best nights sleep I have had in a long time.
I climbed in it last night around 1am and found the sweet spot right away. Before I knew it I was asleep and did not wake up until 7am. I think the only reason I woke up is because the neighbor was mowing their lawn. The Weight Weenie Dl that BIAS custom made me is the most comfortable hammock that I have tried and I can't say enough great things about the service I received from them.
I set the MICRO up after I had my coffee and I am just as pleased with it as I am with the WW..
Thank you BIAS
Shawn

SilvrSurfr
04-19-2012, 13:19
I took a BIAS DL out to the Pine Barrens and slept an uninterrupted nine hours straight. I have never slept that long in a hammock. When I woke up around 6 am, I couldn't believe I had slept right through my normal Pee at Three.

Very comfy.

jbrianb
04-19-2012, 16:33
I took a BIAS DL out to the Pine Barrens and slept an uninterrupted nine hours straight. I have never slept that long in a hammock. When I woke up around 6 am, I couldn't believe I had slept right through my normal Pee at Three.

Very comfy.

I knew you'd find that "right lay" you were looking for. It's a mighty comfortable hammock.

jbrianb
04-19-2012, 16:38
Did some studying in the park today in my WWM. Great hammock!

Thanks, Boulderman! I like the Micro, too.

Callahan
04-19-2012, 22:06
Great looking hammocks SpaceWeaseal! :D

SnrMoment
04-22-2012, 19:44
15.1 oz total for:

WW Micro, 64" wide x 11 ft long, Knotty Mod, adjustable/removable ridge line with nacrabiner, 6' whoopies, 6' tree straps, two 1,000# rated carabiners, extra 2' length amsteel with 2 eye loops for bigger trees, 2 original continuous loops for whatever, and stuff sack.

Nice rig guys. Took about 3 minutes with a one end height adjustment to find the sweet spot without the ridgeline installed. It's about 3 oz lighter without the biners, so I may go back to the nacrabiners.

jbrianb
04-22-2012, 20:09
First of all, love or hate, thanks for the feedback. We depend on what you guys think, how you hook up your hammock and what's important to you as we work to tweak our business to match your needs.

SnrMoment, SpaceWeasel, others, thanks for the feedback. Seeing you get out the scales and tweak little things helps us keep focused on what matters to you.

Enjoy one and all.