PDA

View Full Version : DutchWare Tarp Flyz + Carabiner = Stingerz. Sneak peek

dejoha
04-18-2012, 23:33
Sometimes wishes do come true! Check out the new soon-to-be-released DutchWare "Stingerz." (http://bit.ly/I0hwKD)

Bubba
04-18-2012, 23:35
Pretty cool. I've been slacking on getting Dutchware lately. May have to catch up.

Hooch
04-18-2012, 23:42
http://boards.420chan.org/jenk/src/1333036066510.jpg

dejoha
04-19-2012, 00:10
Hooch, you make-a-me smile :)

whitejb
04-19-2012, 00:38
Really, I just ordered tarp flyz and Dutch hooks, and I'm waiting on my lash-it to get here and you announce this. Man now I'm gonna have to order more Dutch ware, but I think I'll at least wait until after the mahha to see if he releases any other cool toys!

nothermark
04-19-2012, 07:00
Hmmmmm, what kind of load will they carry? I see several possible uses.

Dutch
04-19-2012, 07:31
Hmmmmm, what kind of load will they carry? I see several possible uses.

I never weight tests them but they use the same design and the ridgeline Biner and that will handle 250.

Rockdawg69
04-19-2012, 07:45
DANG IT! Just got all my tarps rigged with the Tarp Flyz and Zing It. Now I got to start over ---- Again!
Love these new inventions. Keep them coming!

spamburglar
04-19-2012, 07:49
These look great. I was planning on ordering some flyz, but I may have to change my mind. Will these clip on the d rings on my maccat? I only ask because I have never seen a dutch biner up close, but I have seen the flyz and man are they tiny!

dragon360
04-19-2012, 07:56
Looking good man as always!

Dutch
04-19-2012, 08:02
These look great. I was planning on ordering some flyz, but I may have to change my mind. Will these clip on the d rings on my maccat? I only ask because I have never seen a dutch biner up close, but I have seen the flyz and man are they tiny!

Yes it also will fit the triangle rings that WB uses which are the biggest I know of.

Cranky Bear
04-19-2012, 08:04
AWESOME Dutch! Purely Awesome! Sometimes it's scary what comes out of your mind!

spamburglar
04-19-2012, 08:14
Awesome. As soon as they are available I wants me some!

Streetdoc432
04-19-2012, 10:28
Put me on the pre-order list!

spamburglar
04-19-2012, 10:34
+1 as soon as a price is set I will gladly preorder and send payment

SoundWitness
04-19-2012, 11:01
Dutch....very innovative, as always! And too cool to boot!

Gonna have to increase the funds in my PayPal account now!!

dedominick
04-19-2012, 11:21
Merlin+Gandolf+Dumbledore< dutch

jons4real
04-19-2012, 11:34
http://boards.420chan.org/jenk/src/1333036066510.jpg

Enough said !

Acer
04-19-2012, 11:35
I still would like to see Dutch make a super light weight chair or stool out of Ti,,:lol:

SilvrSurfr
04-19-2012, 13:10
Sometimes wishes do come true! Check out the new soon-to-be-released DutchWare "Stingerz." (http://bit.ly/I0hwKD)

Where's the dejoha illustration on how they are used? These are for folks who don't have a continuous ridgeline, I assume. I supposed you could also use them in place of tarp flyz on a continuous ridgeline - have a place to hang stuff (albeit with no tarp weather protection).

dejoha
04-19-2012, 14:47
Where's the dejoha illustration on how they are used? These are for folks who don't have a continuous ridgeline, I assume. I supposed you could also use them in place of tarp flyz on a continuous ridgeline - have a place to hang stuff (albeit with no tarp weather protection).

Well, you're a few steps ahead of me :)

I just got these and am still playing with them. Illustrations to come.

You could use these with a continuous ridge line, even if they weren't designed for that purpose specifically. Just tag on some prusik loops, clip on the Stingerz, and away you go.

angrysparrow
04-19-2012, 14:56
Why would you use them over the smaller/lighter Flyz if you're putting them on a prussic? That seems like it just adds a bit of weight. A continuous ridgeline with a single 'Flyz' on a prussic on one end, and a Dutch Hook on the other end already accomplishes the task and is smaller.

Hangandy
04-19-2012, 22:18
Okay, the design looks cutting edge. They are so easy on the eyes. But I can't get my mind around what you would use it for. Yes I know how to use Tarp Flyz. But why would you need to connect your TF to your tie out when they're already permanently set on your line?:confused:

The only use I see is to hang things off your tarp line that a soft shackle already does very well.

A video perhaps? Shug? Dutch?

And yes, further proof that Dutch can spin straw into Titanium.

ShadowAlpha
04-19-2012, 22:29
DANG IT! Just got all my tarps rigged with the Tarp Flyz and Zing It. Now I got to start over ---- Again!
Love these new inventions. Keep them coming!

starting over is all the fun! :D

lazy river road
04-19-2012, 22:46
These new thingamagigers are pretty awesome Dutch cant wait to check them out at MAHA next weekend pure genious. The use i see for them is this. I use Z-Pack snow stakes that Joe sells. They have holes drilled in on the top where a piece of cord runs through. I would remove the cord and attach a stingerz to each steak. Leave pull out lines attached to tarp. Attach tarp to tree take out of snake skins. Pull each guy out to steak and secure line around the tarp fly portion of the biner. I would not have to tie knots around steak to secure line. Also allows for easy adjustment and tensioning of tarp guy out lines. Now why not just use a continious loop on the line and lasso it around steak. Well even though this has not happned to me the loop in hi winds could slip off Cranky Bear thought of that one. With securing line around fly un less the steak pulls out that line isent going any where. Me like. Im gonne have to get like twenty eight of these things. Two tarps five tie outs each plus two pannel pulls on each side im gonna be Dutch blinged out on the trail. I is also my belief and ill have to test this but by using the stingerz it may be easier to secure smaller diameter line. But thats just a thought. Cant wait to get my hands on these new Dutch wear products and test um out. Dutch thanks for some more awesome Dutch bling.

dejoha
04-20-2012, 09:03
Okay, the design looks cutting edge. They are so easy on the eyes. But I can't get my mind around what you would use it for. Yes I know how to use Tarp Flyz. But why would you need to connect your TF to your tie out when they're already permanently set on your line?

These are best used with end-only tie outs, not a continuous ridge line.

The biner clips to your tarp. The line is tied through the hole (an eye splice works). This keep the biner attached close to the tarp. The line goes around the tree and cinches like a regular tarp flyz.

I'll work on an illustration soon.

Two Tents
04-20-2012, 09:55
Dutch, you never cease to amaze me! I am certain I want on the pre order list. I'll figure out the best way for me to use them don't worry!

mrcheviot
04-20-2012, 12:18
Okay, the design looks cutting edge. They are so easy on the eyes. But I can't get my mind around what you would use it for. Yes I know how to use Tarp Flyz. But why would you need to connect your TF to your tie out when they're already permanently set on your line?:confused:

The only use I see is to hang things off your tarp line that a soft shackle already does very well.

A video perhaps? Shug? Dutch?

And yes, further proof that Dutch can spin straw into Titanium.

Another way to think about it.. this combines an s-biner attached to a prusik with the dutch fly into one piece which handles both tarp to RL attachment and RL tension & tie off.

Redoleary
04-20-2012, 16:53
They could also be used as in the illustration on pg 71 of The Ultimate Hang, of the continuous RL, but instead of having a biner on a prusik you have one of these on your tarp. Since I actually hang my tarp via that method I see some stingers in my future cuz then I get the added benefit of mechanical advantage, and some cool dutchware.

brianmat
04-22-2012, 16:49
All I have to say is this:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/264/200/acb.jpg

gunner76
04-22-2012, 20:05
Just got all my tarps rigged with the Tarp Flyz and Zing It. Now I got to start over ---- Again

Ditto, can't keep up

obmit
04-24-2012, 06:07
Very, very, very cool. Let us know when they are available.

Dutch
04-24-2012, 09:39
I'm planning on early next week to have them posted on my site. No need to pre order and keeping track would just slow me down.

Fronkey
04-24-2012, 10:51
Wow! Those look really cool. Will they be for sale at Trail Days too?

Fronkey

Dutch
04-24-2012, 10:53
Yes they will.

Fronkey
04-24-2012, 11:00
Yes they will.

Cool! I'll make sure to bring my coin purse. :lol:

Fronkey

spamburglar
04-24-2012, 11:15
I'm planning on early next week to have them posted on my site. No need to pre order and keeping track would just slow me down.
I am already on your site waiting ever so impatiently! Have you set a price yet?

Dutch
04-24-2012, 11:19
I am already on your site waiting ever so impatiently! Have you set a price yet?

That is one of the things i have to work on and I don't have all the costs in yet. It will be a little more than a regular Flyz and I think I will sell them as singles.

spamburglar
04-24-2012, 11:21
That is one of the things i have to work on and I don't have all the costs in yet. It will be a little more than a regular Flyz and I think I will sell them as singles.
Awesome! You Dutch, are a giant among men! I will just have to lurk on your site till they appear!

UncleMJM
04-24-2012, 11:25
Looks like time for me to expand on my Dutchware collection!

Hangandy
04-24-2012, 21:31
Looks like time for me to expand on my Dutchware collection!

It's always time to expand your Dutchware collection! Because collecting Dutchware isn't a hobby, it's a way of life.

------------------------------------------

"He's smart, rested, and easy on the eyes! - DUTCH 2016"

lugnut
04-24-2012, 21:49
well i'll be danged, won't you look at that!!

swimbikerun247
04-24-2012, 22:41
look like another order on the horizon, scary thing is that they suggested there was MORE new stuff ...

Z0rst
05-01-2012, 15:51
Dutch sent me some stingers. I have always used a continuous ridge-line until very recently. Mainly because I like to hang things from the line (e.g., water containers & gear), but the long line would sometimes get tangled up with other lines when I put the tarp away. I also found that my newer tarps hung better without a CRL. With the stingers, I can hang my tarp without a continuous ridge line, yet I can clip a secondary line between the tarp ends to hang things from the tarp. I can hang this line looser so what I hang draps closer to the hammock opening. I can even set up a pulley system very much like a clothes line, in case I am very lazy that day.

Sorry no pictures right now, but this picture now needs updating and I only took it a few weeks ago!

http://photos.motoscholar.com/photos/i-btGmJH4/1/M/i-btGmJH4-M.jpg

Rockdawg69
05-01-2012, 16:22
Hmmmmmmm! Wait for it.:confused:

Acer
05-01-2012, 16:34
Maybe we can get Dutch to invent a sky hook for our tarps,,or even hanging the ends of the hammock,,then we wouldn't have to mess with lines or worry how we are going to tie these do dads all off and wouldn't even need to use trees either. I get to have the first set if he makes some up! :boggle:

storm1
05-02-2012, 19:39
"...Rumor has it these, and other new gadgets, will be released at the upcoming Mid Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association (MAHHA) in April. Don’t miss it!""

getting anxious!!...any news?

Dutch
05-02-2012, 20:38
"...Rumor has it these, and other new gadgets, will be released at the upcoming Mid Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association (MAHHA) in April. Don’t miss it!""

getting anxious!!...any news?

I just need to add them to my site. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday.

SGT Rock
05-02-2012, 21:03
I had been thinking of something similar to this while out on the trail this week. I came home and guess what I found on my desk. Very cool idea.

pulsemod
05-04-2012, 19:10
Count me in. Please post this product on your site asap.

heywoodja
05-05-2012, 19:42
Anxiously awaiting your site update so I can order 4 of these along with a few odds and ends I need for my quetico trip.

kayak karl
05-05-2012, 20:07
what are these for or did i miss a post? can't figure out where i would use it, but then i'm way behind on the gizmo stuff.

they remind be of these

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/frontsquare/a88a_figure_9_carabiner.jpg

,but i have 2 and never used them :)

ShadowAlpha
05-05-2012, 20:59
Anxiously awaiting your site update so I can order 4 of these along with a few odds and ends I need for my quetico trip.

Take a look at site ;-)

obmit
05-06-2012, 07:52
:boggle: Just placed my order! :boggle:

Steve a
05-06-2012, 10:58
Couldn't resist..............again

Rockdawg69
05-06-2012, 15:14
Thanks Dutch. More stuff to play with.

dejoha
05-10-2012, 01:56
what are these for or did i miss a post? can't figure out where i would use it, but then i'm way behind on the gizmo stuff.

Stingers have some similarities with the Nite Ize Carabiner Figure 9, but unique in many ways.

I posted an illustration today (http://bit.ly/IDNuwj) showing how the Stingers and Figure 9s can be used in much the same way, but Stingers can also be used (and I think are intended for) end-only tie-outs for tarp ridge lines.

One thing I like about the Stingers, and their close cousin, the Tarp Flyz, are the "antenna" on top. This gives a more obvious, direct place to whip off the standing end of a line, where the Figure 9 must be tied off very specifically.

The Stingers are also smaller, lighter, and TITANIUM, BABY! :)

SGT Rock
05-10-2012, 08:18
I finally got around to putting mine on some zing-it. I wish I had a trip coming up soon.