PDA

View Full Version : Butt in a Sling Site Change & the $50 Hammock Kit!

jbrianb
04-19-2012, 14:14
Butt in a Sling would like to thank the HF community for its patronage. It's certainly led to a good start for our fledgeling business.

We've upgraded our site to allow for full shopping cart functionality and in doing so, we're rolling out some new deals. The changeover is taking place now and could take up to an hour to complete. During this time, it may not function.

1) The $50 Hammock Kit - Our Camper hammock, plus whoopies, straps and toggles is being offered for $50! Yes. The whole KIT for $50. It's a savings of more than $11 off our retail price.

2) Select items are 10 percent off to HF members. This means everything EXCEPT the $50 kit and the DIY items. The discount code is: hfmember.

3) FREE SHIPPING on all orders of $100 or more.

Thanks everyone for your support. We hope to continue to offer great, light gear at low prices. Your support has been amazing and we hope this is an adequate thank you to the HF community.

-- Brian and Shane

dragon360
04-19-2012, 14:37
Congrats on the new site and things moving along so well for you!

mountain_man_mike
04-19-2012, 14:39
As an avid DIY guy it's tough to consider, but you folks at BIAS are difficult to resist. I will be checking back to see if the website is accessible in an hour or two, just to give it the once over. Besides, I've given away more hammocks than I can responsibly account for.

Thanks for the love you've given the HF gang.

Trailblazer007
04-19-2012, 14:41
Look forward to seeing the site!

jbrianb
04-19-2012, 14:48
Look forward to seeing the site!

We build better hammocks than websites. It's a "site in a box" but it's functional and easy to manage for us, and, most of all, the shopping cart function is a blessing over what we had before. I was sending out invoices to folks who were fed up with trying to buy multiple items at a time. Hopefully, while not beautiful, it's a little more friendly. And it allows us to offer some good discount codes and functions.

Trailblazer007
04-19-2012, 14:57
We build better hammocks than websites. It's a "site in a box" but it's functional and easy to manage for us, and, most of all, the shopping cart function is a blessing over what we had before. I was sending out invoices to folks who were fed up with trying to buy multiple items at a time. Hopefully, while not beautiful, it's a little more friendly. And it allows us to offer some good discount codes and functions.

Sounds like a stepping stone to greater opportunities!

Ewker
04-19-2012, 15:31
The $50 Hammock Kit - Our Camper hammock, plus whoopies, straps and toggles is being offered for $50! Yes. The whole KIT for $50. It's a savings of more than $11 off our retail price.

I didn't see this one on your site

jbrianb
04-19-2012, 15:32
I didn't see this one on your site

http://www.buttinasling.com/index.html

Could have been down while it was publishing. Sorry.

spaceweaseal
04-19-2012, 15:54
I see a red camper in my near future....

jbrianb
04-19-2012, 16:31
The $50 kit is a good deal. I have two hammocks that I tend to favor: A Camper for comfort and a WW Micro for kayaking. The durability and comfort of the Camper don't leave a lot to be desired. And weight wise, it's still pretty light.

tncamper
04-19-2012, 20:11
Let us know what ya'll think. I didn't know Brian was "pulling the trigger" on it tonight. There is (as always) more I would like us to be able to do with the site, but the reality is I don't know if we are technologically advanced enough to handle much more than this upgrade.

jbrianb
04-19-2012, 20:14
Let us know what ya'll think. I didn't know Brian was "pulling the trigger" on it tonight. There is (as always) more I would like us to be able to do with the site, but the reality is I don't know if we are technologically advanced enough to handle much more than this upgrade.

This is one of those times when the guy who claims he can't write sums it all up in a few words. So you stand back and enjoy. Perfection. Brilliant. And I pulled the trigger because I was tired of watching water boil. :-) So was tncamper, though he won't admit it!

Ewker
04-20-2012, 09:19
http://www.buttinasling.com/index.html

Could have been down while it was publishing. Sorry.

thanks for the link. That is a totally different website than what I was looking at earlier