PDA

View Full Version : For all the tall people out there

GnomePatrol
04-22-2012, 21:02
I was pretty upset with my eno and had done everything short of sewing on a few more feet to it when I finally gave into buying a new hammock. After finding a lot of tall peoples seal of approval (and apparently the designer is a fellow tall person) I decided to give a WL hammock a try. I decided on the lite owl because I wanted to branch out and have the choice to use a pad or uq. They weren't kidding about how nice these are, the workmanship is top notch and these things are heavenly. I never got a good night full sleep in my eno because it just wasn't big enough for me, but the lite owl is perfect. The cinch footbox/headbox is great for keeping the pillow and quilt in place but also somehow makes the diagonal of the hammock feel longer and flatter. Also no... sorry I mean NO calf pressure. I always used to wake up with calf cramps so bad that watering the shrubs was like a game of russian roulette with the rampant poison ivy. But no more I found my new hammock and I'm not looking back. This is a great product and anybody out there who isn't quite satisfied with your hammock should try one of these out.

GingivitisKahn
04-23-2012, 06:01
Glad you found one you like better. Out of curiosity, how tall are you? I'm 6'4" and my ENO DN seems to fit me just fine, so you have me curious.

oldgringo
04-23-2012, 07:18
It is a very fine hammock.:) At 6-0, I feel like a Lilliputian in it.

kayak karl
04-23-2012, 07:27
whats a "WL hammock"

dkperdue
04-23-2012, 07:27
6'5" and spent the past weekend in my ENO DN quite comfortably.
DKPerdue

oldgringo
04-23-2012, 07:40
whats a "WL hammock"

Wilderness Logics

GnomePatrol
04-23-2012, 08:23
I'm about 6'4". I know lots of people on here love their Enos but no whipping style or rl length got me a good night sleep. Rereading my post it seems a little harsh on the eno but it just didn't fit for me. That said the lite owl was a perfect fit for me even without a Ridgeline.

I guess I just posted this to help out anyone else that hasn't found "the one" for them yet.