PDA

View Full Version : Summer quilts

dangerous
05-10-2012, 21:23
Does anyone own either of the summer series quilts yet. I'm considering buying the package but just want to hear some real feedback before pulling the trigger. Pictures of them packed up and in use would be helpfull.

dangerous
05-11-2012, 19:26
well since noone has any experience, I guess i'll have to buy one.

Groovy
05-11-2012, 19:33
I was looking into it also. New product and Marty told me that he has 3 or 4 out to forum members.

dangerous
05-11-2012, 20:16
Just placed the order. Can't wait to get some more Wilderness Logics gear in my pack. Love my tadpole and now a UQ go with it.

flatline
05-12-2012, 08:24
mine should arrive on Monday. my fathers day gift!
i can't wait!

dangerous
05-12-2012, 19:07
I'd love to see some pics when you get yours, make the wait time (even short ones) go by a little easier.

readyme
05-15-2012, 01:22
I am looking forward to reading some reviews.
I am new to hammocks and am considering my first UQ and OQ...I think this might be a good set since I am not a winter camper.

dangerous
05-17-2012, 10:08
mine should arrive on Monday. my fathers day gift!
i can't wait!

Soooo......did you get your quilt? I"m still waiting for the shipping notification for mine.

flatline
05-17-2012, 11:06
Soooo......did you get your quilt? I"m still waiting for the shipping notification for mine.

yes! sorry i've been so distant.
top and under in pale foliage green :cool:
i haven't had a chance to hang it yet and i can't wait!
i think it will be the perfect summer set.
i'm gonna test it saturday night, i'll take some pix then.
i'll be taking them to the gorge for the last part of next week, to test in ernest.
WL makes great products, with very functional innovation.
i want it all!
__bob__

dangerous
05-18-2012, 19:20
So I got a big surprise today. My wife has been hiding the fact that she received the shipping notification on my quilt in her e-mail. I have been waiting patiently all week, and then today she says oh by the way this box came for you yesterday. What an awesome surprise!!! It almost felt like I didn't even have a wait time. The quilt looks awesome in all black and if I'm not mistaken it comes in the same stuff sack as the Tadpole tarp. Only problem I can see so far is that ordering the quilt in all one color make it hard to tell which side is the inside/outside. Not sure if it really matters because I don't know if the quilt is differently cut or not. I can't wait to hang with it.

flatline
05-18-2012, 20:05
that's way cool!
as for inside out, it doesn't matter. the only diff is the snaps have a button side (outside) and a flat side (inside).
the uq is in a tadpole bag. the tq is about 25% larger.

i'll be testing mine out tomorrow night.....i can't wait!

congratulations!

Tacky Hiker
05-18-2012, 20:09
I will be ordering the set very soon !

Groovy
05-25-2012, 20:12
So I got a big surprise today. My wife has been hiding the fact that she received the shipping notification on my quilt in her e-mail. I have been waiting patiently all week, and then today she says oh by the way this box came for you yesterday. What an awesome surprise!!! It almost felt like I didn't even have a wait time. The quilt looks awesome in all black and if I'm not mistaken it comes in the same stuff sack as the Tadpole tarp. Only problem I can see so far is that ordering the quilt in all one color make it hard to tell which side is the inside/outside. Not sure if it really matters because I don't know if the quilt is differently cut or not. I can't wait to hang with it.

I have been watching to see what you think of the summer under quilt? It looks like a nice little unit.

flatline
05-25-2012, 22:27
i just got back from a 2 night trip to the gorge.
i used the summer series quilts and i was very impressed.
the temps where warmer than i was hoping for.
the first night, up at Hawksbill, the low was 55* and i slept very comfortably in shorts and tee shirt.
i used the tq with the foot box completely closed and i left the top of the tq draped over the edges of my lite owl to help vent a little.

the 2nd night, down by the river, was 60* and i tried using the boot box as a foot "pod".
i snapped the the bottom 2 snaps around the foot of my lite owl and closed the drawstring about half way closed.
i left the sides of the quilt to drape over the edge of the LO.
in "semi-pod" mode i left the tq folded down to about waist length.
sometime during the night my arms got drafty so i pulled the tq up to cover them. i slept very comfortably.
the uq covers from my shoulders to just above the knees.
i believe the ss quilts would comfortably handle 40*, i'm hoping for some 40* nights to test that out. i'll try to keep ya posted.
__bob__

nateseviltwin
05-25-2012, 22:47
Thanks for the report. I hope to add at least the tq to my collection when I can build my slush fund. :cool:

dangerous
05-26-2012, 00:23
I have done some backyard hanging with the SSUQ and I like it far. I have noticed a little CBS when I first get in, but I think that is due to loading the hammock with all my weight. Once i'm laid down I reach under and pull just a tiny amount of slack back into the quilt right under me to help it loft instead of being stretched tight. So far so good. This is my first down quilt and i'm pretty pleased with it. I might buy the SSTQ in the future just to round out the package. I can't wait to test it overnight at temps that require a quilt.

Groovy
05-26-2012, 22:59
i just got back from a 2 night trip to the gorge.
i used the summer series quilts and i was very impressed.
the temps where warmer than i was hoping for.
the first night, up at Hawksbill, the low was 55* and i slept very comfortably in shorts and tee shirt.
i used the tq with the foot box completely closed and i left the top of the tq draped over the edges of my lite owl to help vent a little.

the 2nd night, down by the river, was 60* and i tried using the boot box as a foot "pod".
i snapped the the bottom 2 snaps around the foot of my lite owl and closed the drawstring about half way closed.
i left the sides of the quilt to drape over the edge of the LO.
in "semi-pod" mode i left the tq folded down to about waist length.
sometime during the night my arms got drafty so i pulled the tq up to cover them. i slept very comfortably.
the uq covers from my shoulders to just above the knees.
i believe the ss quilts would comfortably handle 40*, i'm hoping for some 40* nights to test that out. i'll try to keep ya posted.
__bob__

I have done some backyard hanging with the SSUQ and I like it far. I have noticed a little CBS when I first get in, but I think that is due to loading the hammock with all my weight. Once i'm laid down I reach under and pull just a tiny amount of slack back into the quilt right under me to help it loft instead of being stretched tight. So far so good. This is my first down quilt and i'm pretty pleased with it. I might buy the SSTQ in the future just to round out the package. I can't wait to test it overnight at temps that require a quilt.

Thank's for the update. I like WL gear and love the great service from Marty and co.

dangerous
05-31-2012, 11:08
New update, overnight low of around 60 degrees and right now 65 with 15-20 mph winds. I don't have my Tadpole hunkered down as low as I can so i'm getting a fair bit of wind under the tarp, but the SSUQ is keeping nice and toasty warm. I'm loving my Wilderness Logics gear.