PDA

View Full Version : CLOSED: Cinch Buckle Group Buy

BeansBaxter
08-16-2008, 16:40
Anybody interested in getting a small group buy together for the cinch buckles from OnRope1?
http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=118&parent=4

It looks like the shipping is the same whether you buy 5 or 50 so it might be worth it. Also, we could look into whether they would give us a quantity discount.

Any takers?

---UPDATE:
The group buy is now a direct buy with a nice discount on shipping.

OnRope1 will accept orders with a minimum of 4 cinch buckles and will ship them out via Priority Mail for $5 S/H (as long as it's under 1 lb).

Mention Hammock Forums in the gift comment section of the order form and you should be all set. That is also where you should mention that you only want 4 since the website won't allow you to order less than 5.

They will email a final invoice when they ship your order so don't worry when it looks like you're getting charged more for UPS Ground.

seawolf
08-16-2008, 17:34
Anybody interested in getting a small group buy together for the cinch buckles from OnRope1?

It looks like the shipping is the same whether you buy 5 or 50 so it might be worth it. Also, we could look into whether they would give us a quantity discount.

Any takers?
Count me in.

BeansBaxter
08-17-2008, 18:34
For anybody interested, it looks like shipping for a small quantity (2-4) would be around $3 by first class mail and larger quantities would be $4 or $5.

Final cost for each buckle would depend on the total quantity ordered and any discount from OnRope1. I'd hope that an order of 4 would come in under $17 (incl. shipping) which would be more than $4 less than the OnRope1 price for that quantity shipped.

If you're interested, PM me with the number you would want. I'll get cost info and confirm that you're in so there's no commitment until I get you some hard numbers.

fin
08-17-2008, 20:58
You should set up a separate group buy thread for this. A separate thread would get more attention. :)

edited by angrysparrow to add - I went ahead and split all these posts from the original thread...

BeansBaxter
08-17-2008, 22:52
You should set up a separate group buy thread for this. A separate thread would get more attention. :)

edited by angrysparrow to add - I went ahead and split all these posts from the original thread...

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure of the etiquette for starting a group buy thread. I appreciate your help.

Hines
08-18-2008, 09:08
Link the item you were referring to. I went to their site and saw a lot of cinch buckles. Maybe I'm just confused as to which one you are talking about.

headchange4u
08-18-2008, 09:14
Unless you got a pretty good discount on quantity, a group buy at normal price or even with a slight discount usually doesn't save buyers any money buy the time you take into account the shipping charges to reship the items to each person and PayPal fees.

cavscout
08-18-2008, 10:06
Yeah, if the discount is good I'd be in for 8

BeansBaxter
08-18-2008, 10:30
Link the item you were referring to. I went to their site and saw a lot of cinch buckles. Maybe I'm just confused as to which one you are talking about.

http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=118&parent=4

I added the link to the first post to prevent further confusion. Originally, it was part of the Cinch Buckle thread and the link was superfluous.

BeansBaxter
08-18-2008, 10:35
Unless you got a pretty good discount on quantity, a group buy at normal price or even with a slight discount usually doesn't save buyers any money buy the time you take into account the shipping charges to reship the items to each person and PayPal fees.

You might be right but the shipping for even an order of 4 buckles is $10 from OnRope1 so there could be a chance to save everybody some money. We'll see what response I get from them.

NCPatrick
08-18-2008, 11:11
I'm always interested in group buys if they save money. So count me in for 6, assuming there is a good savings.

HappyCamper
08-18-2008, 11:14
I've really liked group buy stuff I've been in on in the past. Count me in for 4.

Kanguru
08-18-2008, 11:23
I'm in...PM sent. Thanks

Greg Dunlap
08-18-2008, 11:28
I'll take 4 also!!

BeansBaxter
08-18-2008, 11:35
Here's the people that have expressed an interest so far:

ken209 - 4
cavscout - 8
NCPatrick - 6
HappyCamper - 4
Greg Dunlap - 4
campcrafter - 4
rstms - 3
Dutch - 4
sksskinner - 6
FishinFinn - 4

I got a reply from OnRope1 and they're seeing what they can do.

Dutch
08-18-2008, 12:12
OK put me down for 4. I have to ask RSTMS, what are you going to do with 3? I would thimk you would have some tri-glides laying around.

seawolf
08-18-2008, 14:22
Here's the people that have expressed an interest so far:

ken209 - ?
cavscout - 8
NCPatrick - 6
HappyCamper - 4
Greg Dunlap - 4
campcrafter - 4
rstms - 3
Dutch - 4
FishinFinn - 4

I got a reply from OnRope1 and they're seeing what they can do.

BB
need 4, thanks.

BeansBaxter
08-18-2008, 14:46
I'm running the numbers and it looks like we can save around $5-$6 per small order compared to their web price. Gonna check one more thing with OnRope1 then see where we go from there.

Kanguru
08-18-2008, 18:55
OK put me down for 4. I have to ask RSTMS, what are you going to do with 3? I would think you would have some tri-glides laying around.

I already have one cinch I got as a sample. I do have some tri-glides, but always looking for something different with which to experiment. ;)

Mule
08-18-2008, 19:06
I'll take six if the savings works out. PM Sent

BeansBaxter
08-19-2008, 09:08
Talked to OnRope1 again and got more info. They said that when a package is under 1 pound, they can send it out via Priority Mail which reduces the shipping cost for small orders to 6.80.

At that price, the savings for the quantities most of us are looking at is around $3 - 4. While it's money not spent, it's probably not worth the time and effort. The other downside is that there is a minimum $10 order which means you have to buy at least 4 (I'm looking at you rstms :)).

So, I'm thinking it will be best to order individually but I will send them your HF user names to let them know to be on the lookout for your order and to ship it Priority Mail for the cost savings. Make sure you mention HF and put your user name in the comments of the order form.

NCPatrick
08-19-2008, 09:12
Thanks for looking into this. Much appreciated. I may wait until I have my hammocks made to place my order.

Kanguru
08-19-2008, 10:35
Talked to OnRope1 again and got more info. They said that when a package is under 1 pound, they can send it out via Priority Mail which reduces the shipping cost for small orders to 6.80.

At that price, the savings for the quantities most of us are looking at is around $3 - 4. While it's money not spent, it's probably not worth the time and effort. The other downside is that there is a minimum $10 order which means you have to buy at least 4 (I'm looking at you rstms :)).

So, I'm thinking it will be best to order individually but I will send them your HF user names to let them know to be on the lookout for your order and to ship it Priority Mail for the cost savings. Make sure you mention HF and put your user name in the comments of the order form.

So, this means that they are reducing the minimum order to 4 pieces, not 5, at $3.00 each and shipping USPS at $6.80? Would we need to do this as a group within a certain amount of time or would it work whenever we want to order?

BeansBaxter
08-19-2008, 10:49
So, this means that they are reducing the minimum order to 4 pieces, not 5, at $3.00 each and shipping USPS at $6.80? Would we need to do this as a group within a certain amount of time or would it work whenever we want to order?

Yes, the minimum would be 4 and any quantity that weighs less than 1 lb shipped would go USPS for $6.80.

They didn't indicate a specific time period but I put in a good word for Hammock Forums so I would hope this isn't a short-term arrangement.

BeansBaxter
08-19-2008, 10:52
Just got another e-mail from OnRope1. They reminded me that orders shipped to Tennessee will have tax included. They also said that shipping would be $5.00!

Just be sure to mention Hammock Forums in the comment section or if you call your order in.

If you want to order 4 on the website, put 5 as the quantity and put a comment in that you only want 4.

They were glad to know that the buckles have become popular. :)

BeansBaxter
08-19-2008, 11:02
I put in my order and noticed there wasn't a comment section. I'm contacting OnRope1 to figure out how to let them know the order is from HF.

Stand by. . .

BeansBaxter
08-19-2008, 14:00
Heard back from OnRope1 and they suggested using the gift note section for making comments. Good luck and enjoy your buckles.

BeansBaxter
08-19-2008, 14:03
One more note. The original invoice will have the UPS shipping charge. They will send a copy of the final invoice with the Priority Mail shipping charge when the order ships.

Kanguru
08-19-2008, 18:59
Thanks for all the good work. :D

whatnowmitch
08-19-2008, 20:09
crap did you already order?

i needed some... bummer.
where else can you buy similar cinch buckles w/o a minimum?

BeansBaxter
08-20-2008, 09:21
Did somebody from Virginia place an order for these? OnRope1 said they got an order that they thought was from our group but they didn't leave a user name or mention Hammock Forums. PM me if that was you so you can get the discounted shipping.