PDA

View Full Version : Weight Weenie Micro Kit - SALE

jbrianb
06-01-2012, 10:51
We're offering a sale on our Weight Weenie Micro Hammock Kit for the weekend. The hammock + suspension system is $60.00 (normally more than $70).

http://www.buttinasling.com/wewemikit.html

The Weight Weenie Micro is a 6 oz. hammock made from ripstop nylon (52-inch version) with a 225 lb. weight capacity. It's 11 feet long, has options for 52 inches wide, 56 inches wide, 60 inches wide or 64 inches wide and it comes with a 9 foot nonadjustable Zing It ridgeline. It has continuous AmSteel loops in the channels and comes in its own bag.

The suspension system includes 1-inch by 72-inch black, 1,500 lb. strength polyester straps, whoopie slings (made from 12 feet of AmSteel) and aluminum toggles.

The sale will end Sunday evening.

Thanks and happy hanging.

Remember to use code "hfmember" when ordering for 10 percent off most items (not including already discounted "kits").

13pt buck
06-01-2012, 13:23
I need to check my funds. But I might just pull the trigger. Any news on the 2nd gen bug net.

jbrianb
06-01-2012, 14:52
I need to check my funds. But I might just pull the trigger. Any news on the 2nd gen bug net.

We've got a lot of orders to fill. We were examining the differences between noseeum and nanoseeum and what Oware is calling Nanoseeum weighs the same as the fabric we're using. Ours is .9 oz/sq. yard. Oware's is .91 oz/sq. yd. Thru Hiker says theirs is .7 oz./sq. yard. We also got in some lighter cordlocks and some thinner bungee, but we're talking only a few grams of weight difference.

We'll get a prototype built from Thru Hiker's material and if it offers a weight savings, we may offer a net made of it (or order some wholesale in a similar weight capacity). We've also decided to prototype a half net and are working on a design for it. I think with all the orders we've got to fill, building the prototypes, getting the reports back, etc., it will be another month at least.

Thanks for asking!

gmcttr
06-01-2012, 16:33
...We were examining the differences between noseeum and nanoseeum and what Oware is calling Nanoseeum weighs the same as the fabric we're using. Ours is .9 oz/sq. yard. Oware's is .91 oz/sq. yd. Thru Hiker says theirs is .7 oz./sq. yard....

I suggest you also consider which nanoseeum let's the breeze though the best. It sure helps on a warm night. That is more important to me than saving 1 oz.

Gredemeer
06-01-2012, 16:45
What weight and type of fabric are you using for your hammock? Is the weight listed including the suspension and ridge line?

MAD777
06-01-2012, 17:16
www.owfinc.com has 0.7 noseeum bugnet for a good price. That's where I get mine from.

R00K
06-01-2012, 17:30
Sadly can't do it this time - hopefully by the next sale!

jbrianb
06-01-2012, 18:18
What weight and type of fabric are you using for your hammock? Is the weight listed including the suspension and ridge line?

The weight listed is hammock, cordlock, continuous loops, bag and cord.
Additional weight (as taken on my home scale vs. our very sensitive industrial work scale):
Suspension:
Toggles (pair) - .2 oz.
Ridgeline - .3 oz.
Straps (pair) - 2.8 oz.
Whoopies (pair) - .9 oz.
TOTAL SUSPENSION WEIGHT - 4.2 oz.
HAMMOCK WEIGHT (52 inch, no mods) - 6 oz.
HAMMOCK + SUSPENSION - 10.2 oz.

The Weight Weenie Micro is a 1.0 oz. ripstop nylon made from a military fabric. It's incredibly strong for its weight.

www.owfinc.com has 0.7 noseeum bugnet for a good price. That's where I get mine from.

Thanks for the tip, Mike! Looks very good. I've shopped OWF before but didn't have them on the front of my mind.

I suggest you also consider which nanoseeum let's the breeze though the best. It sure helps on a warm night. That is more important to me than saving 1 oz.

That's a good point. If it's warm enough for skeeters, it's probably warm. A breeze is a good thing.

Gredemeer
06-01-2012, 18:54
Thank you I am considering one!

body942
06-02-2012, 06:08
SUPER tempted to buy two, one for each boy. Hmmm....

13pt buck
06-02-2012, 08:10
I just ordered mine and the bugnet. Now comes the dreaded wait.

Thanks,
Chris

jbrianb
06-02-2012, 09:15
I just ordered mine and the bugnet. Now comes the dreaded wait.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks, Chris. We're following the directions in your email on the cordlocks and bungee.

spaceweaseal
06-02-2012, 19:19
Man you cant go wrong with the MICRO....

jbrianb
06-03-2012, 07:02
Thanks to you guys who ordered. All our kit deals will be ending or changing tonight so now's the time to pounce.

neo
06-03-2012, 13:00
:)i just ordered one
thanks brian:cool:neo

Ewker
06-03-2012, 21:28
just ordered one. Looking forward to trying it out