PDA

View Full Version : Dream Hammock Order #119

SteveJJ
06-17-2012, 19:08
DangerBird 72
Chocolate over Champaign inside
Hoping for possible white or light colored cover (dark tarps get closed in feeling for me)
10 Ti stakes

Greatness cannot be rushed, patience, patience, patience....

Very eager though!

dragon360
06-18-2012, 18:49
New gear anticipation is a great part of the fun! Congrats on the great new gear!

Boomer
06-26-2012, 23:27
Congrats SteveJJ. I'm #105A & B...

mattyg
06-28-2012, 17:04
I was 39 (a bule and green 72") it's worth the wait

Brother Jeffrey
06-28-2012, 17:41
I was in the upper 70s. My roaming gnome had me sleeping till 11 am everyday on my last trip out. Comfy!

Happycamaper
06-28-2012, 20:02
I'm order #123, can't wait

scubacat
06-30-2012, 10:25
You'll love it! I went burgundy instead of champagne for the inside layer, but otherwise my order was the same, including the 10 Ti stakes. ;>)

SteveJJ
07-19-2012, 20:47
Oh my! What a treat. It arrived today and it is so worth it! It'll be slept in indoors tonight, have to work tomorrow.

So far as I've seen this is much better designed and made than I could have done for myself, and it's the closest to perfect as I can imagine.

The light gray cover isn't confining feeling at all. I really like the dark outer and light inner. I'm sure not even Minnesota Mosquitos will be able to get me through this.

This has so much more space and comfort than my other bug netted hammock, I'm likely to offer that up for sale! It isn't a lightweight nor as compact, but I didn't plan on hiking this in more than a couple miles, so comfort was my goal and Randy has really provided so much more!

Anyone in the twin cities that wants to check it out, pm me!

SteveJJ
07-20-2012, 05:52
Best nights sleep in a hammock I've ever had!

I've slept in 5 different hammocks over the past several months (only 3 nights on a bed) and thought they were comfortable. WRONG! This new Dangerbird beats them all, by far.

Now for the hard part, getting up...

Cali
07-20-2012, 07:03
Congrats, Papa Smurfs work is excellent and the DangerBird is so comfy. :) :thumbup:

Tobit
07-20-2012, 09:14
Steve, it sounds like it took roughly a month to arrive? That's not too bad, definitely on my short list for a new hammock.

SteveJJ
07-20-2012, 22:21
Yes, 6/17 to 7/19, and I'm so pleased with it I'd wait even longer.

In the interim I bought a few tablecloths to see what the larger sizes and crinkle taffeta were like. I made an adjustable ridge line to boot. I tried many settings but Randy's done his homework and found some golden dimensions that work fantastic for me. I don't need to experiment now.

I know everyone's different, but this DB72 exceeds my hopes. Sorry no pics yet, I hope to make it to Blue Lake tomorrow and hang in the pines. Hope to get pics in that nice setting.

johmar
07-21-2012, 02:09
Steve,
Sounds to me that you have to change your hammock details the profile

SteveJJ
07-28-2012, 00:14
Steve,
Sounds to me that you have to change your hammock details the profile

Thanks for the reminder, just did that.

Slept one week in the DB72 now and find I'm liking it more each night!

SteveJJ
09-14-2012, 13:54
60 nights update:

Select Comfort bed for sale!

More words won't give you more, but this is the best sleep I've ever had.

Thank you PapaSmurf!

SteveJJ
10-07-2012, 00:46
Freeze alert! It's 32 out on my deck tonight, but 52 under the DB72 cover! This thing really works!

Thanks Randy. I hope you don't mind hearing that, it's well earned.

PapaSmurf
02-13-2014, 11:30
Folks, here's an updated report back on this particular hammock.

Order #119 was the 20th DB72 ever built.
It was ordered on Jun 17,2012.
Shipped 29 days later on Jul 16, 2012
It landed 3 days later on Jul 19, 2012 and has been in continuous use since then (except for maybe 15 nights).

That's 549 nights or 4,392 hours of sleep (as long as the owner is getting his recomended 8hrs every night) :)
One of the grosgrain loops have come loose, but otherwise this one is still in tip-top condition.

SteveJJ
02-26-2014, 16:21
I resemble those remarks!

On a whim I just tried and failed to spend 7 nights in a selectcomfort and failed.

I have thee sets of eye hooks, two indoors and one on the deck so I can hang where I want when I want. I may get rid of the bed.

I'm contemplating a thunderbird to save wear and tear on the DangerBird, but there isn't any. Really. Just about 20 months of constant nightly use with only the one grosgrain loop coming loose. And that's from fraying inside not the stitching so it's a material issue not labor.

I bought a few and sewed a few hammocks learning what I liked and didn't, and coming up against my limited ability I looked to see who might be building what I wanted to see for myself.

Randy came closest to my dream hammock, and he tweaked a few things to get as close as possible to what I wanted. I've been very pleased.

The ThunderBird comes a few more steps to what I want with their removable covers, and I'm liking the camo fabrics so I'm finding it hard to not place another order. When I do get another hammock, you can guess where I'll shop.