PDA

View Full Version : Getting logged out

JaxHiker
08-27-2008, 12:17
Ok, this one has me stumped. At work I can stay logged in indefinitely. At home, every time I walk away from the PC I have to log back into the forum when I return. I haven't had time to figure out what the period is but I'd say maybe an hour or so.

Any ideas why it would behave differently on two different machines? :confused:

angrysparrow
08-27-2008, 12:19
Which internet browser do you use? FireFox? Internet Explorer?

Perhaps your login credentials for the site weren't saved properly.

headchange4u
08-27-2008, 13:58
It sounds like it may be a setting with your cookies. You are probably doing this already but I gotta ask: Are you check the "Remember Me" checkbox when logging in? Do you have this problem with other forums and/or websites?

JaxHiker
08-27-2008, 14:36
I'm using FF 3.01 on both machines. I don't have 'Remember Me' checked on either but that doesn't seem to be a problem on the work machine. For grins I checked it on my home machine. I'll check back in a while to see if it's logged me out. Maybe I can toss my cookies and start over. :)

headchange4u
08-27-2008, 15:21
Maybe I can toss my cookies and start over. :)

LOL.

That would be my next suggestion - clear cookies, history, and temp internet files and see if that makes a differnce.

JaxHiker
08-28-2008, 07:20
Hmm. Go figure. Maybe it *was* the 'Remember Me'. When I logged out of both it wasn't checked. So I checked it on the home PC and not on the work PC. The roles switched. Silly computers. :) It's always the little things. Tnx!